Chapter 7|Dilemma
169 0 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Arisia

As I stood behind, watching my father's mates express sorrow in his grave, a wave of emotions washed over me. 

It was a somber and heartbreaking moment, witnessing the depths of grief that can consume a person. 

Seeing the tears streaming down their faces, the pain etched into their features, I couldn't help but feel my heart ache in solidarity. I was the same back then.

It was a powerful reminder of the profound impact that loss can have on us, and how it connects us in our shared humanity. 

In that moment, I realized that grief transcends boundaries and that it is a universal language understood by all. 

As I stood there, surrounded by the weight of loss, I vowed to honor my father's memory by being there for those who may one day stand in my place, watching their loved ones grieve.

I averted my eyes to look at the clear, blue sky.

'Father, the mates you were always talking about all the time are finally here to visit you.' 

---

I cleared my throat. Meeting intruders and killing them was simpler than facing your father's mates and conversing with them.

After Franz, Ashid, and Rowen cried their hearts out, they sought a conversation with me. This conversation scares the shit out of me. Thankfully, I was able to bid myself for a time until the evening to start the 'conversation'. 

I'm scared of this talk commencing this evening because practically, I'm an illegitimate daughter. In the presence of my father's legal spouses/mates, I felt...guilty on my father's behalf and my existence.

I mean, Father explained to me how I was conceived. The circumstances surrounding my birth. And to be honest, after hearing my Father's story, I'm surprised he didn't abort me out of hate of his rapist. 

Not to be mistaken, I was glad I was born, but my father's experience had me regretting being born an alpha. I could just have been born an omega, I wouldn't mind being a male at all.

And now, I'm about to face my father's mates. They would likely ask me how I was conceived. I don't want to tell them Father's tragic experience.

'What should I do???'

'Arisia, think!'

I repeatedly knock my head on a tree, thinking of plausible ways of escaping the upcoming conversation. The night is setting in and I still don't know what to do.

It's not like I can avoid this talk or something. 

"Ugh." I groaned in frustration. Seriously, what should I do? 

Giving up, I began to contemplate how I should tell them the story of my birth. What if they tried killing me when they heard the truth? 

I cannot hurt them, so maybe I should run if worse comes to worse. I mean, I can outrun them all. But then again, I need to protect the spring! Fucking hell, what a dilemma.

While thinking of this, a small corner of my mind reminded me of something. Father's belongings!

'Father had a diary!'

'I finally remembered!' 

'He entrusted it to me, saying that if ever the impossible happened1His mates finding the island he's in., I should give it to his mates!' 

I slapped my forehead, enlightenment settling in. Damn. I don't need to talk to them, giving them Father's Diary might be enough!

4