Chapter 10|This Child
174 1 6
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Ashid

I sat beside Rowen, his hands circling my waist and pulling me closer to him.

I stared at his red eyes full of complicated emotions as Arisia, Alexis's child, sat in front of us.

After a week of contemplation after reading Alexis's diary, the three of us got into an agreement.

We will not kill her. 

At first, Franz was angry reading about our beloved's experience, emitting a suffocating scent. He even wanted to kill...Alexis's child.

But as we read the diary further, we came to realize that our mate began to love his child.

He did not want to kill her despite knowing she was an alpha, an existence we all hated. 

The majority of the diary entries are about her. There were of course pages dedicated to us, expressing our beloved's yearning. But it cannot rival the pages our mate wrote about his child's growth. 

I was envious. My Alexis loved someone greater than us, his fated mates. 

But I cannot hide that gratefulness in my heart for the child who accompanied our lonely mate. 

The entries dedicated to that child's growth were vividly written. And as we read, it felt like we could see what Alexis saw. It felt like we saw her grow up to be an adult.

And that is why we agreed that we will not harm the child.

From what Alexis wrote, Arisia was exhibiting omega behavior despite being an Alpha.

When I first met her, I thought she was trained by Alexis to behave like that, but surprisingly enough, she was innately like that. 

And from what I observed, she indeed behaved like an omega. 

But then again, her alpha traits were still there.

"Arisia." Franz, who was observing the child, spoke.

I saw the stiff posture of the child perked, as if in attention.

"We read the diary you gave us." Franz continued. 

I turned to my beloved angel, his hands clenching. Ah, my darling still can't calm his emotions completely. Among us, Franz is the one who has a problem when controlling his temper.

"We understand. So stop being stiff. And you can stop avoiding us." I continued for Franz. 

The child avoided my eyes. Maybe she thought we wouldn't notice but we do.

Every time she walked to guard the spring, she would avoid the area where we camp. 

I did not know why but every time I looked at this child's visage, I couldn't help but soften my attitude. I think my mates do too.

It can't be helped. Arisia, this child, looked way too much like Alexis. Strangely enough, she acts like him too. 

6