Life is simple, or is it? [ Ch 1 ]
29 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The world is simply boring and plain.

 

All you do in your life is go through the motions—good or bad childhood, rebellious teen phase, then the not-so-unexpected struggles of adulthood. Finally, you grow old and call it a day, or life you could say.

 

But hey, it's just my little pessimistic thought about life, life could be fun and exciting sometimes.

The truth is, no one knows what life you will be living, all you can do is try your best and hope that everything will go according to your plan.

 

Maybe, you will be a millionaire, or an office worker, a farmer, etc...

Or you'll be a doctor who can cure cancer or a philanthropist who brings joy to the poor, the kind of people who are trying to make the world a better place.

Maybe, just maybe. You could be a criminal. Instead of making the world a better place, you make it worse.

Thief, bank robber, drug dealer, local gang, a cartel member, or worse, a cartel leader.

And for the absolute worse, a fat, ugly, corrupt politician who gives zero fuck to their people.

 

Anyway, the point is that's how life goes. You grow up and do your part and then you die without having a significant impact on the world, except for some people of course.

Some people are happy that it goes like that and some don't, but I am personally fine with it.

But what if I told you, there is a way to live an adventurous life, a place filled with magic and creatures of fantasy, a landscape with vibrant plants and nature riches.

A world, separate from ours. Hidden in plain sight.

There, even though your existence doesn't matter, you will still live a full and happy life

How do I know? Well, here's a little flashback.

  

 

 

One day when I was a child, I was playing in the forest near the village where I live. It was a happy and simple time, I played with kids my age, Just typical village games until a bit of bad luck struck. 

I got separated from the group and lost in the forest with a friend of mine. We, as a child of course will be scared burst into tears and fear that something will eat us or something like that.

Walking for a while with teary eyes, we stumbled upon an old, white door entwined with blooming vines. It looked out of place like it wasn't part of our world.

 

The door is really from the other world, of course, we don't know about it, and what will happen if two unsupervised children find a mysterious door?

You're right, they open the door unsuspiciously and without thinking about what will happen next.

The old door was not too hard to open, probably because the door knob mysteriously slide down from its original place to a height where small children's hands could reach.

 

Our crying dissipated, filled with curiosity and excitement, we opened the door and light burst forth, temporarily blinding us.

Stepping inside, our vision clearing, we were met with a view we will remember for the rest of our lives.

 

Buildings from the golden times of the medieval ages, rich colored plants and pebble roads, and a great castle in the background.

People with styles far different from ours and they are talking to each other instead of minding their own business like today.

No phones, no earpods, and no hoodies, only friendly people with other friendly people, no matter the age.

We walked around with mouths open and eyes that roamed everywhere until we accidentally stumbled upon a group of children.

 

Their style was different from ours, their hair was not in black but still in the darker color palette.

We apologized to them, thinking we did something bad, but they laughed and said it was nothing.

They asked if we were new in town, but we just answered that we were lost and they didn't ask further. Instead, they asked us if we wanted to play hide and seek and we happily accepted it.

 

A few fun games later, my friend's tummy grumbled, revealing our hiding spot. Hearing the sound, one of the kids asked if we wanted to go to his house and have dinner there.

Realizing how long we've been here, we said that we need to go and said that we will be back tomorrow.

Running back to where we came from, we found the door that brought us here and we headed home safely.

Well, not really. Our parents were pretty angry and we got smacked with slippers.

 

Tomorrow, I woke up early and rushed my breakfast, after that I took a quick shower and then I said to my mom that I wanted to play.

My mom doesn't allow me to play yet because it's like 5 in the morning.

 

After running as fast as I could while my mom yelled at me, I arrived at the white door me and my friend found me yesterday.

My friend was there earlier and was waiting for me. Without further ado, we stepped into the door for the second time. 

aaaannnd...

 

 

 

End of the flashback, that's it.

 

I don't remember what happened next.

 

Ever since I was little, everyone told me that I have an excellent memory.

I could remember everything I saw and everything I heard.

It is kind of like the photographic memory, but I think it's different because I still can forget sometimes.

 

But if I try hard enough, I easily will remember something I forget. But for this part of memory...

No matter how much I tried, I couldn't remember my second time there.

I tried recalling familiar things from that place until my head hurt and my nose bleed, but still nothing.

  

How do I explain it... Uhh...

Aha, If I have to put it into words, it feels like there is one huge wall that prevents me from going to the other side, and the other side is my memory.

No matter how tall the ladder I brought and climbed, I never reached the top of the wall.

No matter how destructive the bomb I detonated, that damn wall stands tall, unscathed.

Years passed since then, and I slowly let go of that place, moved it to the back of my brain. A place that only exists in fantasy, with its old time building, friendly people, and warm breeze free of carbon dioxide.


At least, that's how it stayed, until about a month ago.

 

1