Exordium
10 2 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Alexandre was having a decent day despite his melancholy mood kicking in as usual. He made some art for a client, got his pay, and even got his favorite song played on the radio. For some reason, instead of feeling depressed and miserable as usual, Alexandre was happy today. Upon coming back to his house, Alexandre noticed his ex-girlfriend's car in the driveway. Remembering that the reason he broke up with her was because she was obsessive and crazy, Alexandre quickly armed himself with the pistol he had received from his late grandfather he had stored in his car.

Entering the house, Alexandre started to survey the area. Failing to notice the quick scuffling from behind him, Alexandre kept moving forward. Suddenly, a sharp pain pierced Alexandre’s arm, and then his leg. Turning around, Alexandre shot 3 times with only one bullet grazing his ex.

“That’s not how you’re supposed to welcome me, now is it!” Alexandre’s ex pouted and then chuckled.

“Get the hell out of my house!” Alexandre exclaimed as he backed up. Alexandre had a firm grip on his gun as he kept his ex in sight. Suddenly, Alexandre’s ex sprinted towards Alexandre and pushed him out of the door within three seconds. It seemed like a flash to Alexandre.

“Why did you leave me? We were going to have an entire life together! We were going to love each other forever and ever and ever and…”

“How did you even find my new address, you crazy bitch!” Alexandre exclaimed as he shot two more shots at his ex. These two hit the ex’s arm, making her drop the knife.

Realizing that his ex had stabbed him three more times in the heart, Alexandre started to succumb to these wounds. Laying on the ground steadily, with shaky breath, Alexandre saw his ex walk slowly up to him, now holding the knife in the other hand. Halfway starting to accept his fate, Alexandre looked to the sky and saw a falcon carrying a tortoise, and that it looked kind of low down. Thinking he was hallucinating from blood loss, Alexandre started to close his eyes.

Bonk!

Alexandre felt a blunt force hit his forehead. Immense and quick pain was inflicted upon him, with the hardness of a shell. Alexandre started to ponder whether his unusually happy mood today and good luck today were just his own pitiful, faux interpretation. Taking his last breath, Alexandre thought this would be it and that he would see those big gates up in the heavens. Instead, he woke up feeling cold concrete.

“Where the hell am I?” Alexandre questioned as he looked around. Feeling his pocket for his gun, he found it with his remaining ammo still loaded. A voice behind him caught his attention and he looked towards its location. It sounded like a motivational speech. Moving towards the sound, Alexandre saw a group of people gathered around a mystical-looking figure. Her voice was smooth and soothing, accompanied by long purple, blue and white hair.
Drawn to this figure, Alexandre started to move towards where the group was. Alexandre made the estimated analysis that there were approximately 80 people at maximum in this group.

“Ok. Let’s go over this as a group now.” the mysterious figure stated with readiness. “You have died, and this is a new world! You cannot go back to your previous life, but you may be reincarnated into a new one if you’re able to follow your given objectives. Each objective will also be assigned a curse or a blessing. If you stray too far away from both objectives, you will be judged prematurely and sent to heaven or hell. You’ll also be judged on how you complete your objectives if you do complete it through and through. Is that clear now?”

The group started to murmur in agreement.

“Good!” the figure exclaimed with happiness. “Oh right! There are essentially two worlds here. One is in here, which is an infinite dungeon. The other one is the world outside but it doesn’t have a name yet. You’ll get more loot in here, and you’ll meet more people out there. I’m running out of time, so I have to rush! Also, my name is Acacia, nice to meet you all!”

At first, Alexandre believed he was kidnapped, but the air felt far too fresh to be anywhere on Earth. Now, he believed he was experiencing a dream and that he was actually in a coma. However, he couldn’t explain why his gun was still there, why he would be in a new world instead of Earth, or why people he’s positive he has never seen or even thought about before were there.

Suddenly, a cerulean-colored box appeared right beside Alexandre. “What is this?” Alexandre asked out of confusion.

[1st Objective: Paint the perfect masterpiece (0/1)]
[Curse: Madness - The closer you get to completing your art, the more your sanity leaves you.]
[2nd Objective: Earn 1,000,000,000 gold pieces (0/1B)]
[Blessing: Materialist - You’re able to get high-tier items and coins quickly.]

“Huh?” Alexandre questioned as he stared at the screen. Swatting at the screen now, Alexandre finally realized he may have actually kicked the bucket and ended up here. “Well if this is real, then these are some crappy and unfair statistics. I can’t even keep my sanity to complete an objective! The only good thing is that I’m able to get more items.” Alexandre thought. Noticing that more than half the people of the group left, Alexandre realized that he needed to make a choice as well.

Reminiscing on what Acacia said, Alexandre went off to the infinite dungeon seeing as he could probably get his objectives done easier there. And thus began Alexandre’s journey through this world.

“If this is real then…” Alexandre paused. “This is the second chance I’ve always wanted! I’ll live my life to the fullest this time!”

0