AN and cover update
3 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

This one is just an author's note, so you can go ahead and skip it, but if you want to stick around, please do because I have some nice things to share with you here.

First, I decided to change the cover art. Not gonna lie, I thought it was sick when I designed it, but when I saw it up there on the site, I wasn't happy at all with it. So, here's another one I hope you and I will both like.

Second, this fictional country the story is taking place in, Sillyria, has been part of the geography in my mind for around two years now. Mind you, I have other countries, too, that will be part of the expanded world in the next volumes, be it in the works of Sillyrian Tales or Chronicles of Sillyria.

I read some dytpoian titles but what inspired me was the dystopic history and modern times. But every time I read a fictional dystopia, I was absolutely fumed with how awfully they handled life and worldbuilding there. What most authors don't understand about authoritarian regimes is that life continues there and the populace aren't always trying to undermine or change the status quo. They fantasize about it, sure, but when was a fantasy ever possible? And when revolutions happen, supposing they do, they aren't because they want freedom, it's because there was something so atrocious it made people put their differences aside and decide they'd rather die than live under the same authority for another day. Another thing they don't show is how revolutions actually break up countries. When people topple down a dictatorship, the government that follows it will promise democracy but deliver shit and rub it in people's faces. They also don't understand, or rather avoid all together, that sometimes there will be external powers at play, some of them helping one side of the conflict while their enemies help the others. A revolution isn't as simple as a leader girl - who isn't like other girls and who thinks herself ugly when she is gorgeous - a brooding, rebel bad boy, and love triangles, but I am as guilty as the next person of absolutely adoring every bit of it.

I guess you could say I wanted to add my touch to the genre by trying to subvert it. A dystopia where the main character doesn't try to start or be part of a revolution.

Cheers.

0