Ch.3 The ‘Invincible Trio’ Part 3/3
384 3 20
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

[Tutorial Quest Completed]!

[Obtained item Basic Gear (Rank: F) 1x]

[Tutorial Quest 3 Part 2: Finish Your First Global Quest

Tips: Global Quests can be done solo or with a party. Choose your best suited play style!]

"Hmm~?" I glanced over to my notifications panel and stopped right on my track.

"Nice!" I glanced at my rewards as it is free stuff..

[Equip Basic Gear (Rank: F)?] I audibly said 'Yes' and suddenly leather armor was automatically equipped on me.

[Full Leather Armor (Rank: F) Was Equipped]

[Novice Mage Staff (Rank: F) Was Equipped]

It was an unique experience feeling the real textures of the leather armors on my body. What was given to me is basically a leather tunic that was worn over my shirt, padded leather armor on my shoulders and legs that doesn't hinder my movements.. and the most important item..

"A staff.." I saw that it was spawned right on my hand and I was holding it with my right hand.

*WHOOOSH*

I swung the staff around and surprisingly it felt very light. It felt quite sturdy and solid too. The staff looked liked it was made with a deep brown colored wood that is thin enough to be held with one hand. On the top of the staff, the shape became crooked and in the middle of the crooked part was a weird black stone..

"Well, this is cool!" I was quite interested by this kind of gears.. but I do wonder is it more effective ot use my [Skills] with or without the staff..

"But yeah.. let's test that out later!" I need to regroup with them for now. I'll test out the staff later as well.. and so..

I once again began running to the [Wayfarer Association]'s building.. it is our time to finally done our first quest.. together of course!

...

..

.

"Yo, Ryu- *Ahem* Kiseki! You're finally here!" It seems like Shoichi still had quite the hard time to adjust to my new call.. but I really am thankful for his efforts.

"Woahhh! You look cool with that staff!" Ichiro complimented when he saw the staff that I am holding on my right hand.

"Heh! Of course it looked cool" I said with a pride.. after all it is truly cool. It does not feel like a typical staff that is used in a fantasy settings.. but more of a realistic use staff.

"It seems like you both also had quite the gear now..!" I glanced at their gears and realised they realise that they themselves also carried quite the cool gear..

"Yeah, I like it a lot actually. It is definitely very cool" He showed that it could actually float in the air following his hand. He could bring to it to his side, his behind, and much more.

"I also got pretty cool stuff!" Ichiro apparently got the normal standard equipment of a tanker or vanguard. A sword and shield.. but his equipment looked such heavy compared to his size it's unbelievable.. his shield is as big as his body and if placed on the ground the shield could literally covers his full body.. it is a good thing that his sword is normal in size.. as it would be outrageous to have a giant sword..

"Well! We are ready it seems to finish our first Global Quest!" Ichiro is really enthusiastic in this.. he is literally a fighting maniac after all.

"I am quite curious on finding out how this game fighting system works out!" Shoichi on the other hand is.. a game mechanic freak. But I can't say that I am not excited as well..

"It's a wonder to find everything in this world..! I am very excited to see what this game holds! It is our adventure!" I am always excited to find out everything about a world.. their history, their strongest, their lands, their sea, all of them are the adventures that I always yearned..

"'Let's see what this world holds for us!!'" The three of us said together and together we entered the [Wayfarer Association]'s Building.

...

..

.

"It seems like the three of you are ready to take on your first quest. Based on how the three of you are coming here together, I assume you are a [Party]?" The previous guy that told us to gain [Skills] is also still here.

"Indeed, we are going as a [Party]" Shoichi answered the guy.

"Amazing, going as a [Party] is much safer than going solo. As a [Party] however, the experience point gained from killing a monster will be shared equally towards all the members of the [Party]. Is that fine for the three of you?" The man asked us and a panel appeared in front of us with the words [Form a Party?].

"'Of course!"' The three of us answered together and laughed together.

"Great! Then please choose a name for your [Party]-" Before he even finished what he was saying we already had a name in mind..

"'Ikigai (生き甲斐)!"' It is a name that we made ourself. It held a meaning that most will understand. This name stems from our meeting, our friendship and our life. It is a word that explains our friendship together and why we always had been together..

"Wonderful! Then [Party: Ikigai], I would recommend for the three of you to finish this quest first" He handed us a quest that he himself picked. We read the contents of the quest carefully..

"Shoichi.. Kiseki.. are you thinking what I'm thinking..?" Ichiro was grinning hard enough that it almost reached his ear..

"This is indeed a perfect first quest.." Shoichi said while fixing his glasses which shines from out of no where..

"This is great for testing some [Skills].." I said with a enthusiastic smile even though I mostly try to keep myself composed.

"Then, we'll take this quest!" Ichiro declared and the man was only smiling and shaking his head slowly while he was observing us.

"Good. Now bring this paper to over there.." He pointed at one of the clerks waiting at the edge of the board while occasionally also helped giving the quest papers to people.

"She will help you accept the quest" We all nodded and both Ichiro and Shoichi immediately went over to the other clerk.

"Thank you for your help..!" I thanked the man with a little bow and immediately ran over to both of them as well.

...

..

.

"Can I help the three of you?" The female clerk asked us. She seemed to have that professional aura around her. So she is probably a senior around here..

"We would like to accept this quest here" Shoichi handed over the quest paper to her. She read the contents quickly and nodded to herself.

"Have you formed you [Party] yet?" She asked us, we exchange glances at each others and all nodded at the same time.

"Then, please write the name of your [Party] right here" She handed us a paper that looked similar to the scrolls I've seen. The scroll was almost blank other than an etched word.. '単一'

Shoichi as our representative leader came forward and grabbed the paper from her. But there are nothing to write with.. so he asked her about it.

"Excuse me, what should I write it with?" She looked at us with a professional smile then said.

"Please write the [Party] member with this then please all of you channel your 'mana' inside this and say your [Party] name out loud" She explained clearly and we all nodded. Shoichi grabbed the quill then magically could write despite being completely dry of ink then wrote all our names on it.

"One.." We then place our hands on the paper and Shoichi started the count..

"Two.." We nodded to each other and got ready..

"'Ikigai!"' The paper started shining brightly but not bright enough that we needed to look away from it.

"Then [Party: Ikigai] congratulations as you had successfully made your [Party]" Suddenly the clerk said.

"Umm... thanks..? I guess..?" Ichiro answered her while scratching the back of his head awkwardly.

"Then, [Party: Ikigai] you would like to accept this quest isn't it?" She asked us about the quest and we all immediately answered in our style.

"Indeed" Shoichi said while fixing his glasses

"Of course!" Ichiro said energetically while giving a giant smile

"*Nod*" and I myself only nodded as I find no need in answering verbally.

"Great! Now then, would one of you please tear this quest paper?" She suddenly asked us something surprising which shocked us. She seemed to notice this probably and cleared up our misunderstanding by saying..

"No! No! It is just how the accepting part works! To accept the quest the paper needs to be torn and the information of it will be send to your [Wayfarer's Identification Ring]!"

'"Oohhh...!"' The three of us had the same reaction.. then I came forward first and grabbed the paper..

"I just need to tear it into two right?" I asked her while holding the paper ready to tear it apart.

"Correct" She confirmed and I immediately tore the paper into two. It sounded so smooth it doesn't actually sound unpleasant. Suddenly an information panel appeared in front of the three of us.

.

[Quest Accepted!

Quest: Destroy A Goblin's Camp

Requirements: Destroy A Goblin's Camp 0/1

Description: In the west of the town inside of the Great Forest Of Unknown lies a Goblin's Camp near the town's walls. Destroy the camp and subjugate all the Goblin's inside!]

.

The quest is simple enough. It is an interesting quest system as well. It doesn't tell us immediately where to go. Just the gist of the place is what they gave to us.

"Then [Party: Ikigai], Good luck on your journey. This will be your helping hand in this quest" She handed us a map that looked quite old.

"Thanks, Miss!" Ichiro was the first one to immediately ran there while holding the map.

"Oi! Ichiro! Don't run too far!!" Shoichi immediately chased after him as well.

"Ha-ha-ha-ha! Such energy for a new [Party]. I have high hopes for you all. If you have any trouble please come and find me again" The clerk said to me.

"Hmm~ thank you, Miss..?" I asked her for her name as she never introduce herself since the beginning.

"Rida. Just call me Rida" Rida-san it is. Well it is quite a rare name. But it somehow fits her.. somehow.

"Kiseki!! Let's go! Ichiro is going too far!!" I then heard Shoichi shouted at me while waiting for me and keeping Ichiro in bay.

"Well.. Thank you, Miss Rida! I'll be sure to meet your expectations!" I thanked her and immediately chased after both of them.

"[Party: Ikigai].. such unique people.."

...

..

.

"Are you guys ready?" After Ichiro ran off alone we managed to caught up to him after a while. We then managed to group up and tried to make a plan.. but realised we don't know anything about this world's combat yet..

"Of course!!" We then decided to just try and go to the quest place first then we would be able to make a plan decisively.

"I am always ready" We are quite excited for this as this is the start of our journey here and our beginning of climbing the steps of powers.

"Then, let's go!" And such our journey began.. a journey where we would overcome everything that came to us.. a journey where in the end we would stood on top of everything!

20