Act I – Inordinate pride and excessive confidence.
8 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Act I - Inordinate pride and excessive confidence.
SLASH!

Icarus, a new human adventurer approaching his second racial evolution, lived in a world of magic and enlightenment which only superficially resembled ours.

GRRRRR! SNAP!

Like all adventurers, Icarus makes his living by hunting monsters, and like many, he hunts the beasts in dungeons.

TSSSS!

After confirming that he had indeed killed the Goblin Lord he was just fighting, Icarus bent down to cut away the valuable parts of the fifth-floor boss of Évreux. Évreux, the dungeon that Icarus frequented was an underground labyrinthine tangle of rooms defended by monsters of vairing strength.

Icarus left the Goblin Lord's body behind in the middle of the room since the dungeon would absorb it in a few hours anyway. However, despite deciding he was done for the day but still wanting to check his traps, so rather than teleporting using the altar found at the end of each floor, Icarus began walking towards the surface.

As he walked, Icarus remembered that other adventurers had recently figured out a trick of his. In this case, it was to come to the dungeon early in the morning to hunt the newly spawned weak monsters before the others.

Remembering the drop in income that came from the revelation of his trick income, Icarus frowned.

 

SLASH!

GRRRRR!

Icarus made his way through the dank maze of chambers using his enhanced vision to navigate the darkness.

Suddenly, Icarus heard the sounds of fighting. While hiding himself, he sneaked towards the noises.
Icarus then waited and watched for the ideal moment. As he watched the team of adventurers fight a hobgoblin, Icarus thought to himself condescendingly: These weaklings who must rely on others to kill a simple hobgoblin. Which of the legendarily strong adventures needed a team to delve ?

Finally, finding the perfect opportunity, Icarus jumped and stabbed the hobgoblin in the neck.

TSSSSS!

He quickly cut through the monster's core before continuing towards the surface, ignoring or simply ignoring the flares of the adventurers he hates.

 

"Who was that jerk who just stool our kill?"

"You haven't seen him before? That was Icarus."

"Icarus? You mean the adventurer who leaves his traps hidden in the pathways."

"Yeah, the newbie whose trap you stepped on yesterday."

Unbeknownst to him, Icarus was gradually becoming famous for all the wrong reasons. The rumours and stories spread and grew like they tend to do, until finally, Icarus' bad behaviour drew the station of 'The Adventurers' Guild'.

 

 

Intermission I - 'The Glorified Nannies'

Daedalus, senior adventurer and leader of the team of adventurers who were often sarcastically called "the glorified nannies" by his colleagues, led to 'the Adventurers' Guild'. Daedalus wasn't sure who came up with the nickname, but everyone had now mostly forgotten his team's original name.

As he walked, he complained that although he had many years left due to having completed his second race evolution: "At the age of 90, it was about time he settled down and get married!"

Finally, reaching the guild building, Daedalus pushed open the thick enchanted doors before telling the employee on reception duty that: "I was told that Bella has work for me!"

 

Knock! Knock! Knock!

A short time later, Daedalus knocked on Bella's office door. A moment later Bella opened the door to let him in, and said to him: "Pull up a chair, I have some work to explain to you!"

As she was saying this, Daedalus glanced at Bella who, in his eyes (although he wouldn't tell anyone), was getting older but that had only served to enhance her unearthly beauty.

Pretending not to notice Daedalus's gaze, Bella waited for him to sit down before continuing her explanation.

1