10 Late Regret
3 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Then, suddenly, black mist surrounded Flerix and Silvir's bodies. In no time, he disappeared, turning into fine dust in the vacuum of space along with his spaceship, without a trace. Xyon immediately turned his head right and left, searching for the king of Silverian's presence, with a panicked look.

"Damn it! He did Televortare! Since when... Silverians can do that? That action requires a lot of cosmic energy!" the senior general muttered in annoyance.

Flerix was forced to perform the Televortare only now out of necessity so that Xyon would not target and kill him. All the troops, servants, even Nordian, Weim, Sey, and Arex also searched for the king of Silverian's remains. However, they did not see the spaceship at all.

"What cosmic power does he have? Hasn't Planet Silverian been without any cosmic energy since the incident back then?" muttered Weim with an agitated face.

Xyon, who had become even angrier upon not finding his opponent's existence, exclaimed, "We will return to Planet Palladina's palace first! I'll deal with them later! Damn it!"

Meanwhile, inside Silvir, which had already sped away from Planet Osmia, Flerix breathed a sigh of relief as he managed to escape Xyon's sight with the Televortare he had just performed.

"We must first return to Planet Silverian. I will think of the next move because this time, I can no longer escape after successfully killing the king and queen of that planet! That damn Xyon!" he said angrily as he stood in the center of the control room.

Flerix then shook his head once and said, "Xyon will definitely target me to death. Damn it. Because of them, I have to go back to swallowing black pills to recharge my dark energy! How terrible!"

Inside Planet Palladina, the entire society began forty days of universal mourning. Many condolences from leaders, officials, nobles, or people from other planets were sent to the palace.

Xyon was seen kneeling in front of the throne that once belonged to the previous king and queen, inside the main hall, with a sad face, holding back his emotions and saying, "It's all because of my incompetence."

Suddenly, a woman with long dark blue hair, wearing a white short-sleeved shirt and dark blue pants, entered the palace's main hall. She had seen Xyon kneeling for a long time from the front door. However, she finally found the courage to approach the senior general and stood behind him.

"Ah, you've received Healing Renovatio, haven't you? None of this is your fault, Senior General Xyon. I don't think... Father and Mother would blame you. Your family has been protecting the leaders of this planet for a long time. Unfortunately, we don't have much information about King Flerix or those Silverians, so everything about them is new. All we know is Planet Silverian has had no movement for a long time. So, you cannot blame yourself either," the woman with light blue eyes said softly.

Xyon immediately turned his head back to see who was talking to him now. Still kneeling, he turned around and bowed to salute the woman while clenching both hands, then replied, "Your Highness the Crown Princess. Please forgive me for not being able to protect His Majesty the King and Her Majesty the Queen in yesterday's battle. I will resign from my post after this."

"However, Senior General Xyon, this is not purely your fault. Princess Ryena is not good at fighting. I was inside the Light Chamber when you guys were in a battle against them. You'd better hold off on your intention to resign until the will is read in public," the woman replied with a sad face.

She was the first daughter of the late His Majesty King Arnea and the late Her Majesty Queen Klara and was already sixty years old. She had a title and the name Her Royal Highness Crown Princess Anexta.

"I've heard from the people here that Father and Mother never had time to have children with Wormbye due to the weight of their duties as rulers of the galaxy's guardian planet. At your suggestion, they finally sought the help of a royal doctor. If it weren't for you, I wouldn't be here, Senior General Xyon," Anexta said with a slight smile.

Xyon paused momentarily, then looked straight at her and said, "Eight years after your birth, the late Her Majesty the Queen decided to raise a noble daughter whose parents died in an interplanetary war and gave her the title of Her Royal Highness Princess Ryena."

"Yes, Ryena has golden-colored hair and eyes, more beautiful than mine when she wears a simple white dress. I've been matched many times by Father and Mother. However, I prefer to focus on my royal duties as a guardian of the galaxy. It's a lot of fun," Anexta replied with a sad face.

"You prefer to patrol together with Weim, Sey, Arex, and Nordian, don't you? This is all because of the strict training of the late His Majesty the King. He was also too busy taking care of royal duties for you to be interested in such things," Xyon said with a little smile.

Anexta's face looked pleased as she looked at her smiling senior general and said, "Fortunately, no official or noble dared to oppose my decision not to marry. Is it because of something that has happened in the past that none of them dare to protest my decision? Ah, I'm sure my parents have already talked about the will to you, Senior General Xyon."

"That's right, Your Majesty," Xyon replied as he looked down again.

"Very well. After the forty-day universal mourning period, you must present the will before everyone. For now, leave the two throne seats empty. Do not ask to resign from your position first," Anexta replied with a serious face.

She then turned around and left the main room, leaving Xyon behind. The sad news was also followed by the fear of high-ranking officials and ordinary people from all planets within Metal Galaxy, except Planet Silverian. Within the palace of Palladina Kingdom, many low to high-ranking officials and nobles, down to the servants, began to make rumors about Xyon.

"Senior General is unable to protect the two leaders of this planet! Look, even His Majesty the King and Her Majesty the Queen died at the same time!" exclaimed a high-ranking male official wearing a brown shirt and black trousers while walking down a hallway with his companion.

"He was probably no longer able to fight due to his old age, although his physique still looks very young. Isn't that what you mean?" asked a nobleman wearing a white formal suit and brown trousers beside the gentleman.

1