Trapped in the dark
28 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The echoes were unending the faint laughing the sounds of the dead echoing the soft sound of Elizabeth's voice droning in my ear drums"Poor girl unloved your mother dying because of you I wonder how horrible you feel" That sentence snapped something "It's NOT MY FAULT" I shouted gasping struggling for air "It's not... it's not "I kept repeating my voice haggard panting gasping trying to find where she was my senses failed me as I turned to look but nothing all I saw was nothing all I heard was that voice blaming me and mocking me "It has  always been you no one wants you " Shaking my trying to get that voice out of my head "it's not true it's not true I'm not selfish I never asked for anything other than a present under the tree or  a birthday card  I never asked for more" I choked back a sob "I never asked to be made I never asked for this all I wanted was my mother"falling to my knee's  gasping a sudden whoosh and looking  up eyes streaming with tears the vibrant Green staring at me illuminating the dark "your a broken human we don't need that in society the world would be"my eyes widened I knew what she was going to say I was worthless that the world is better without me 

Taking a deep breath and inhaling that rotten sulphuric odor grabbing my pendant tightly "I don't know I don't get why my mother trusted me with this I don't remember a lot and I do not get why-"I flinched as I felt that bloodless clammy hand once more against my forehead "let's examine what's in that little head of yours" At that moment I felt like my cranium become was being engraved like a sharp piercing knife my memories being invaded something being damaged a faint voice calling me begging for me to recollect "Rika dear the box find the box" a flash of my moms smiling face pointing at the shelf In my old room "why-" that faded being swept away by a brighter milder flash of blue "Their it is fufu now its time to break you "her deep giggling echoing in my ear I felt her hand tighten around me my breath growing faint my thoughts and vision blurring as the air is being ripped from my lungs "this will be how I end things...."

 

                                                                                                     [outside the abyss]

Akane panted gasping from exhaustion her wounds healing instantaneously "Getting tired Mutt" Blair panted her injuries leaking "Looks like you can't heal without being attached spiritually" Blair growled "I WiLL NOT LOSE  I can't lose I need this" Akane flexed her hand "Need what need to exploit someone who just LOST HER MOTHER"  Blair scoffed "I only needed to distract you" grinning ear to ear Akane felt dread creep into her throat "wait were's RIKA"She shouted turning to see the darkness filing the end of the hall "bad idea turning your back on me "Blair chuckled leaping forward "NOW DIE WHORE!!" In seconds in place of Akane, there stood a pure silver nine-tailed fox With blue fire protruding from her paws "ENOUGH" her voice echoing like thousands of people shouting blasting Blair back against the wall and knocking the rabid tiger unconscious turning toward the darkness and bracing for the next fight ahead, unfortunately, she's running out of spirit energy and she might not be able to save them both let alone stop Elizabeth."please be safe" charging into the darkness  her sensitive  ears and sense of smell were affected greatly "looks like she finally found were you were"Elizabeth's eery voice whispered in her ear "let's go greet her shall we"the large twisted figure of the girl  appeared holding rika by the neck "RIKA" Akane shouted "don't worry she's alive we only need her body and after that, she'll die just like the man who used me"Akane growled her eyes flickering a faint blue "looks like your out of energy little pup"

Elizabeth dashed past Akane  smacking her out of the darkness "For every ounce of blood my dearest kitty lost you'll pay back tenfold"Rika inhaled deeply "Wait-"Akane stared at her in confusion"Huh-"a blue flash whizzed past her head "STAY AWAY FROM MY GODDAUGHTER"A voice echoed through the damaged hallway Elizabeth snarled trying to remove the steaming trident pinning her to the wall "godmother?" rika squeaked Before Rika stood a woman with long spiked hair gils for ears a single dark red eye patch covering one eye  this woman was muscular and had a scar on her right cheek that reminded rika of her godmother's wife "Undyne is that you?"  The tall woman growled exposing yellow fangs next to her stood a woman about 5"4  wearing pure black her salt and pepper hair flowing behind her strode through the mess without a care "Yura doesn't like being compared to Undyne dear it makes her feel generic" Rika blinked in confusion" I thought you didn't come back till the 30th "Well punky it is the 30th" Rika slumped "Just in time "Akane rasped through exhaustion "uhm angry wendigo woman 12 o clock..."Akane's ears drooped "Where did she go?" Rika's godmother shook her head "We don't have time for that let's get things fixed here right Yura" The woman named Yura nodded her ears and the scales  on her skin disappeared "Human spirit magic" Akane breathed in awe "Is that a cool thing or something?" 

Akane nodded, her hair tangled and her jaw and stomach scratched from all the action. "Sorry, we're so late, punky." Rika just smiled. "It's all right, Godmother." Akane stood between them, feeling nervous from Yura's aura and her strength. "Saeki," Yura said in a low, baritone voice, "she doesn't know who you are, you're confusing this poor girl." She pointed to Akane and smiled,  Saeki straightening up and fiddling with her necklace. "I'm Sakai Kagura, godmother to Rika and older sister to Yonaka." Rika nodded and smiled proudly. "She's the most amazing person you know." Saeki smiled and said, "You're the most amazing punky now that I'm here. I'm sorry I missed your mother's funeral, but I promised to help you. I know a few things I can help" She laughed lightly, as Yura hugged her and held her close to her hip, winking at them both oddly enough both felt flusteredRika snapped out of her daze and began to explain her plan to help her godmother. "Your mother left the necklace for you despite my warning her, but since you are on this journey with no respite from the hollow ones or wild spirits, we should first take care of fixing everything and providing you with dinner. Later, we will explain why today is so important, as the abyss in which you were trapped operated differently than usual, and it is 9 p.m.," Seaki remarked, tapping her fingers against her temple, noting that it appeared that the two had not yet begun working towards their full moon bond.

I know it's a bit late to ask this, but have you ever tried to be physically intimate with each other? Rika's ears went red. "No, of course not who do you take of me for." Akane's ears drooped. "I wanted to, but I was respectful of her space." Yura laughed heartily. "Well, that part is important, isn't it?" she teased, nuzzling Saeki's ear. She nodded, pushing Yuna’s face away. “I know that you have her journal. I went to pick it up before we arrived, but your stepdad said someone had broken in and took it. He's full of shit, so I grabbed this.” She pulled a small box out of her coat pocket. The little ginger box lay quietly in her hand. "Your mother told me what to do with it, but you must not open it until you have completed your bond. I know you're a bit fragile, so let her handle it. All right?" Saeki said, lowering her voice to Rika’s level. “She doesn’t know what she’s talking about, kiddo! Prove to your godmother that she’s wrong!” Saeki caught Yuna’s point ear and yanked her back. “You don’t want to repeat last night, do you?” Yuna grunted, a mixture of annoyance and delight. “Maybe a bit of both,” she sneered at her wife. “Mhm be a good girl-” As Yuna picked her up and carried her across the hall, “I’ll get started cooking, and you’ll get change too!” she called as she carried her out of the hall. “We’ll continue this conversation later,” she snapped.

 

1