Chapter 44
114 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 44 Medical Expenses

After the poison sac was removed from Ajisai's body, Giyu put on the adult-style floor-length black robe and stood quietly outside the wooden house.

There are two sets of wooden wheels for moving on both sides of this wooden house, so a more reasonable name should be "RV". Now it has been abandoned for many years and has been permanently stationed in this wilderness. The outside is covered with moss and has long become a part of the natural landscape.

Inside the house, Konan and the doctor she found from a nearby settlement were doing the final suturing work——

There is no other way. There are only a handful of medical ninjas in the Land of Rain. They are all in the Rain Hidden Village. Sanshouo no Hanzo is next to him. This ordinary country doctor is the best expert Konan can find.

Fortunately, Giyu used [Transparent World] to guide him, and the former successfully removed the poison sac.

Now, on Ajisai's side, Giyu can feel completely relieved. I just don’t know what is happening to Rengoku Kyojuro and the other six children.

But surprisingly, just as Giyu thought of this, he heard a familiar sound of flapping wings.

He thought it was Shisui's crow that found him, but when he looked up, he saw Kyojuro's letter crow, Kaname.

"Lord Giyu!"

To change the title of “Lord Water Hashira”, it seems that Kyojuro has done some explanations for it.

The letter crow landed on Giyu's shoulder in surprise.

"It's great to see you're okay! Now, Kyojurou-sama will definitely be happy!"

"How did you find me?"

Giyu opened his Sharingan unconsciously and looked around like a telescope, but he did not see the figure he imagined in the dim sunset, "What about Kyojuro?"

"Sir Kyojuro has found a doctor in the trading town in the Land Of Rivers, and he is currently working hard to earn medical fees for the children! He asked me to tell you that everyone will get the best treatment, and there will never be any child dying too early at this age.”

Report in a very confident tone.

"As for finding the location of the team members, it's not a problem at all for the Crows of Demon Slayer Team!"

"That's it..."

Giyu had never doubted that Kyojuro would leave the Country of Rain safely, but he didn't expect that he would find the doctor so quickly.

"Does the consultation cost a lot of money?"

"The doctor is a woman who is obsessed with money! She got drunk in broad daylight, which feels very unreliable!"

"But Kyojuro-sama chose to trust her because of the similar hair color, so I also believe that she is a capable person! At least her followers look very professional."

You should not forget to express your position while complaining about doctors.

"In addition, because of the numbers you marked on those children, an expensive diagnosis has been saved, but the doctor still has to charge a hundred thousand ryō per person for the operation, and she is obviously unwilling to do it herself!

"In order to raise the money, Mr. Kyojuro is looking for jobs everywhere, and I was assigned to walk the pigs!"

[One hundred thousand ryō per person. ]

Giyu pondered for a while, [It sounds more expensive than the hospital in Konoha. If you are a medical ninja, you will be more protected. It is worth spending more money...]

However, even for an ordinary genin, it would take several days to earn that much money. Where would Kyojuro get it? What would happen to those children if he didn't get the money?

Giyu subconsciously searched his body, but then he realized that, not to mention his clothes being dried, he didn't bring anything valuable with him when he came out this time.

[What should I do now? ]

Suddenly, he remembered the "Angel's" ninjutsu that turned a blank sheet of paper into explosive tags out of thin air.

"Just wait a moment."

He asked her to be calm, knocked on the door of the RV, and then stood outside motionless.

The door was not opened, but the sound of paper was heard. Square pieces of paper adhered to each other and formed. Konan quickly reorganized and appeared directly behind Giyu.

"What's up?"

Her voice was still as cold as before, her eyes briefly glanced at Giyu, and then there was no response.

Seeing her appear, Giyu was not prepared to make any preparations and asked directly: "I want to ask, can you turn paper into money?"

[oops! Lord Giyu, why are you speaking more directly than Lord Kyojuro! ]

Although Kaname was a little worried, he still tilted his head and looked at Konan expectantly, hoping to get a positive answer. After all, they all have wings, so they shouldn't be disappointed.

If the other party really has such a technique, it will save him and Kyojuro a lot of time!

"..."

Konan's lips trembled, and she didn't even understand how the conversation unfolded.

Several common currencies in the ninja world all have anti-counterfeiting marks. They are made of expensive special materials and are unusually fine. The most she can do is make counterfeit coins with the same color and pattern, but she can't go any further.

She shook her head indifferently.

"What do you want the money for?"

"The man who took the other children away has found a doctor in the Land of Rivers, but he has no money to pay for the surgery."

Giyu simply stated.

"……How did you know?"

"Of course, I told him!"

When he was about to speak, his tone was a little depressed, but then he immediately cheered up and said to Giyu: "It doesn't matter! Mr. Kyojuro will definitely find a way! All children will be treated, this is his promise! Now that I know you are safe, I will take my leave and will not bother you again!"

After saying that, it shook its wings and planned to leave.

[Talking crow? ]

Konan was not too surprised because she had seen a talking toad before. Following her thought, the bird that had just taken off was stopped by a barrier composed of dozens of pieces of paper.

"Wait a moment……"

After stopping the bird, Konan's eyes switched back and forth between the person and the bird, "What is going on?"

So, after spending a lot of time, he said a little impatiently: "Is that okay? I have a pig to walk, and I can make a lot of money! Please don't stop me anymore, although it doesn't look good. It doesn’t make sense, but my time is also very valuable!”

Konan ignored it and just stood there with some suspicion after listening to what it said.

Meeting two people who worked so hard for strangers in one day really had some impact on the worldview she had formed over the years in the Land of Rain.

In the ninja world, there is no so-called "morality". People's good intentions and kindness are completely random charity, with all kinds of reasons. But no one has ever thought about saving the lives of others, especially strangers or even foreigners. Things that are "supposed to be done" without asking for anything in return are even more outrageous.

But both the child in front of him and the owner of the bird seemed to regard saving the lives of others as some kind of code that must be followed, just like a ninja performing a certain task that must be completed.

[Is it deception? But in this world, would anyone use this method to deceive people? ]

Judging from Giyu's flat eyes as always and the bird's impatient tone, she not only had the gut feeling that this was true, but also had a faint hope that it was true.

"I don't have money..."

The paper that made up her right hand flipped up and flickered like playing cards in a magician's hand. A stack of paper with the word "Explosion" written on it appeared in her hand.

"But these should be exchanged for two to three hundred thousand ryō."

There was a hint of reluctance in her voice. The organization she had envisioned had not yet started. Nagato had almost exhausted all the money she had earned over the years in order to repair the puppet called "Asura Way".

These explosive tags are the last wealth in this paper clone.

Because she had to take care of Nagato, and to be on guard against that "Madara", she couldn't leave the Country of Rain too far, so she couldn't go to the Country of Rivers to verify whether this was true or not, but she was willing to believe in this child, and The owner of this bird.

From them, she can see the shadows of herself and her partners in the past. In fact, this one named Giyu is even more naive.

"That's a lot of money."

Giyu didn't answer, but looked at her carefully, "Are you sure?"

"If what you said is true, then those children are from the Kingdom of Rain, and I should be responsible for them."

Konan said in a deep voice, as if she was a daimyo from the Land of Rain.

After a moment of silence, Giyu took the money and said, "You are indeed a very good person."

Konan didn't answer.

Being a good person is not a compliment in this country, but it is not necessarily the case in the words of a righteous person.

"Bring these to Kyojuro. The child whose poison sac may be overloaded at any time needs to be removed first!"

He tied the explosive tags into a roll and stuffed it into the claws of the bird.

"I will definitely complete my mission!"

He left in high spirits, not caring what a deadly thing he was holding.

It only knows that with this money, at least two or three people can be saved first, which can greatly reduce the pressure on Master Kyojuro.

Giyu and Konan watched the crows flying towards the south, and the sky became darker. Then they all thought that it would still be a sunny day tomorrow, so they were not going to put away the clothes hanging outside.

"I should kill you now."

Konan suddenly spoke, and Giyu raised his head in confusion, not knowing where to start.

But those orange-red eyes looked at him slightly softly, without any killing intent at all.

In Konan's hand, a piece of paper automatically rolled into a pale rose, then shrank and withered as if struck by frost, and then the petals fell off.

"When I think that you will become a ninja from a great country from what you are now, I feel like a precious flower is slowly withering."

"When you grow up, you will be like your elders, torturing, killing and destroying in this crying country. The innocent ideas you pursue now will also fall apart due to various experiences. The thought of this In the future, I will feel regretful.”

Konan said with some sigh: "Maybe next time we meet, you and I, and these people you have saved, including Ajisai, will be irreconcilable enemies."

"I thought the war was over."

Giyu replied in confusion: "I don't remember any friction between the big country and the country of rain. Why do you say that?"

"As long as there are Ninja Villages in big countries, and Ninja Villages still want to earn commissions, there will definitely be wars. As long as there are wars, they will be involved in this land, and the friction between the big countries and the Country of Rain will never end. "

Konan replied, with a hint of bitterness in the memory, "The three people who lived here in the past were as naive as you, thinking that the war would eventually end."

"Do you know them?"

Only then did Giyu remember that "Angel" seemed to be very familiar with this place.

"That was many years ago."

Konan shook her head slightly, "They thought they could persuade the big countries to let go of their hatred for each other, so they lobbied everywhere among the three countries. But the war was not caused by hatred at all, but because it happened to be the most important basis for the existence of ninjas. They wanted to put down the hostility of a ninja. It is impossible as it is to stop the rain in this country."

"What about the three of them?"

Konan solemnly replied: "They were killed by their own childish ideas."

"So, the card in there..."

Giyu understood, "Is it actually their spiritual status?"

"That's right. It was Shimura Danzo of Konoha Village who planned with Sanshouo no Hanzo to kill them."

Konan stated the ending of the story coldly, not noticing Giyu's sudden lowering of his head.

“Today’s Rain Country is like that primitive jungle. It looks quiet and peaceful, unchanging from ancient times, but in fact, fighting is everywhere."

"In order to get the little sunlight necessary for survival, plants must fight with each other as much as possible. Trees with broad branches and leaves will grow as high as possible at the expense of the strength of their branches, shading other trees; creepers will extend their tentacles and roll up to block them. Their branches and leaves are constantly climbing up; some giant trees even bear vicious fruits, which are eaten by birds and beasts that are not afraid of poisons, and use their highly toxic feces to pollute the surrounding soil to reduce competitors."

“You ninjas from a powerful country who can grow your own food don’t understand that in this resource-scarce country, everyone is a rainforest plant craving for sunlight."

"Every time you kill another person, your hope of living one more day will be greater. Therefore, you risked your lives today to save these people, and the effect will be minimal. Unless the Sanshouo no Hanzo is eliminated, Poisonous trees that block the sun and poison the soil, otherwise the seedlings of the Rain Country will never be able to grow..."

At this point, Konan turned his head, "But the big country hopes that this poisonous tree will continue to exist as a tool to maintain balance. But Sanshouo no Hanzo will also die one day, and by that time, you will grow into a ninja. Standing on the opposite side of us. When the time comes to meet these people you saved, won’t you regret what you did today?”

"I regret it, not because they will try to kill me in the future or try to save their country."

Giyu said without any hesitation, "It can only be because they have become the same people as those who harmed them now."

1