Chapter 48
112 0 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 48 The Eve of School

The day after Giyu returned to Konoha.

When they saw the Uchiha guardsmen with the emblem of table tennis rackets reappearing on the streets, the villagers of Konoha were really happy and worried.

I'm happy because, in the days when Uchiha didn't patrol the streets, all kinds of gangsters and gangsters would dare to act recklessly.

Most of the security team members temporarily formed by the three clans of Hyuga, Sarutobi, and Yamanaka do more things than less things, and the law enforcement is quite loose in order to maintain the goodwill of the villagers. As long as you don't see it or it's not serious, just pretend it didn't happen and the streets are basically managed in a free-range manner.

The number of patrols they make every day is only half that of the Uchiha Guard. At night, only a few people are on duty in the guard. Some ninjas drank too much and caused trouble and injured people. They were all handled by the ANBU directly under the Hokage.

Now that Uchiha is back, the days when all the wrongdoers, big or small, are arrested and treated equally are back. At least the business and property safety of the neighbors are guaranteed.

As for worry, it is because the Uchiha clan's unique, superior eyes and attitude are inevitable.

They do not ask for reasons and dispatch the police quickly. As long as someone violates the security regulations of the police force, they will be taken away for interrogation. This will inevitably make people feel trembling, fearing that they have done something wrong, which will put everyone under great pressure.

However, their return to their responsibilities has at least wiped away one of the dark clouds above Konoha -

That is, the rumors of an imminent war between the village and the Uchiha have dissipated on their own, which is a good thing anyway.

After Shisui returned to the village yesterday, in the Hokage's office, he simultaneously provided evidence to the Fugaku clan leader and the clan's jounin, as well as the Hokage and his advisors, proving that this incident was the result of a crazy Sanshouo no Koga of Amegakure Village. Finally extinguished the fire that was about to ignite the explosive barrel.

Of course, he was also responsible for the murder of Sanshouo no Koga.

As far as the village is concerned, the foreign enemy is dead, and all it needs to do is find an explanation from Hanzo and compensate Uchiha.

For a clan, it was acceptable that their enemy was dead and that the other party was the son of a demigod in the ninja world.

As a result, Fugaku and the third hokage shook hands and made peace, the iron curtain in the village temporarily collapsed, Konoha returned to normal operations, and Shisui became a hero of the clan, just like during the Great Ninja War.

But neither the clan nor the village knew the truth of the matter.

But right now, the Uchiha hero is apologizing to Fugaku and his wife Mikoto.

He said that Giyu's injury was caused by an accident when his shadow clone took Giyu away while he was fighting the enemy.

"That Great."

On the second floor, in Giyu's own room, he was listening to Kaname's account of the news from the Kingdom of Rivers.

"Since everyone has detoxified and woke up, we just need to remove the thing."

Giyu thought for a while and asked, "Does Kyojuro have enough money?"

If not, he can only borrow some from his mother.

"Sir Kyojuro caught a strange fish in the river and rescued a businessman's son from the belly of the fish. As a result, he received a large sum of money as a thanks! You don't have to worry about money anymore!"

 "Is that man okay?

 "He is Alive. But he is now afraid of fish!"

"Oh." Giyu lowered his eyelids, "What a pity."

After all, he likes to eat fish the most.

Kaname continued: "Although those children are awake now, the operation has not been performed yet, and Their emotional condition is not stable."

" Mr. Kyojuro plans to meet you again after making arrangements for those children! Please wait a little longer! "

Giyu nodded in understanding.

As for the victims, Giyu usually left them to the demon slayer troops to deal with, but Kyojuro likes to start well and end well when time is not urgent.

"Lord Giyu, the news has been brought, so I will take my leave."

"Please come back next time. "

After saluting, he immediately flew away.

From here to Land of Rivers, it would take a day and a half for the ninja to move at full speed.

But for kaname, whose speed is far faster than that of ordinary crows, at a speed of 350 kilometers per hour, it can fly there in four hours, and the communication between Giyu and Kyojuro is quite convenient.

"I just don't know if I can turn the raven into a Summoning beast..."

That way, the message can be delivered faster.

Just as he was thinking about it When he went to ask Shisui that night, Sasuke came in.

He stuck his soles into the gap of the door and pushed it open. He was holding a tray with drinks and food on it in both hands, with a proud smile on his face.

He was happy, not gloating that Giyu was injured.

In fact, when he saw Giyu's appearance last night, he cried as if he was the injured one. 

The reason why Sasuke looks so happy now is because he finally has the chance to take care of Giyu!!

He is obviously the older brother, but every time he goes outside, the clansmen will ask: "Sasuke, where is your twin brother?" Sometimes when his father would leave the two of them at home, he would also directly tell Giyu: "Keep an eye on Sasuke!"

It can be seen that the dignity of being an elder brother has long since disappeared under Giyu's careful care.

 But today is the day for him to turn around. He wants to repay (revenge) everything Giyu did to him.

" I specially made something to eat for you, Giyu." Sasuke put the tray on the ground and pointed it with his fingers triumphantly: "There are fried eggs, sausages, boiled potatoes, and a glass of orange juice, but I squeezed it out with my own hands." 

He showed his yellowed and orange palms to Giyu, obviously treating it as evidence like a medal.

"Why did you do it..."

Giyu's eyes scanned the ingredients one by one, and he felt that they looked pretty good. “I just have leg problems. "

As he spoke, he moved his arms.

The doctor came yesterday.

Because Giyu's wound was still healing well, and Uchiha Mikoto was by his side, it was impossible for the medical ninja to use healing jutsu to stimulate a child's cell division. According to his judgment, it will take less than half a month for his legs to recover naturally with the help of medicine.

But the contusion on his upper body is almost healed.

"It would be outrageous if someone knew about letting patients cook! I don't want to be criticized." Sasuke said with reason, crossed his arms, and said condescendingly: "During this period, just accept my care honestly! Humph!" 

"..."

[Why do good things have to be said in a bad person's tone? 】

Giyu didn't know how to respond, so he could only lower his head and reach for the tachyon, but Sasuke got there first.

"What are you doing?!"

He stared at Giyu warily, then picked up the omelette and handed it to Giyu's mouth.

"Mom told you to move less. Leave all these to me. Come on, open your mouth -"

Giyu had no choice but to open his mouth wide and take a bite.

He chewed carefully at first, but after a few times, his teeth gradually stopped clenching.

His eyes gradually became dark, a rumble came from his throat, and he swallowed the food directly.

"Is it delicious?"

Sasuke leaned forward excitedly, his dark eyes widening. It can be seen that he does not want any answer that is not in line with his wishes.

"..." 

Giyu thought about it for a while and asked, "Why isn't mom cooking?"

   " Shisui has made you like this, and mom is accepting his apology."

Sasuke's attention was only distracted for a moment, he immediately returned to his original position and asked the question again: "Is it delicious?"

Giyu knew that this was another "do you like cats or dogs" question similar to Inuzuka Tsume? Once he answers it truthfully , there will definitely be unpredictable consequences.

"Did you eat it yourself?"

"I ate last night's leftovers."

Sasuke frowned, "Besides, I made it specially for you, so what's the point of eating it myself?"

The third time, He asked: "How is it? Do you think it tastes good?"

This time, there was no smile on his face, and the suspicion in his eyes almost overflowed.

"...Why didn't I see Itachi?"

At the critical moment, Giyu looked through the paper door and saw the door of the opposite room was closed, and asked this question.

Sure enough, when it came to Sasuke's most admired brother, his expression darkened and he almost put the bowl down.

"He hasn't come out today."

Sasuke scratched his head, looking troubled, "I went to look for him just now, but he was still sleeping. As soon as my father told me, I didn't dare to disturb him anymore." 

Then, he Staring into Giyu's eyes, he asked, "Besides your injury, did your brother encounter anything bad this time when you were outside?" 

There was a trace of worry in Giyu's eyes, a little worried about Itachi's mental state. Although he was not a ninja, he probably understood that although Itachi was not injured this time, he suffered an unprecedented psychological blow.

In fact, Itachi in the opposite room had heard the conversation between the two. He was sitting slumped by the door with a dull look like a Giyu.

This time when he went out on a mission, he suffered three psychological blows.

The first level is that the senior who planned to sacrifice in order to keep the secret turned out to be a trap specially designed for him by Roots.

At the beginning, he did reach an agreement with his father, intending to join the ANBU and become a high-level spy for the clan, but there was some reluctance in it.

But as the missions used by ANBU (actually Roots) to test him gradually unfold, the other party will also tell him before each mission what the significance of carrying out these assassination missions is to threaten everything to the village and peace. Hidden dangers should be eradicated in advance and eradicated.

Ninjas are people who guard peace secretly. Don't always think about doing anything honorable. It's because they remain anonymous, willing to get their hands dirty, and always secretly deal with the enemies of the village so that peace can be maintained.

Itachi was very resistant at first, but as the number of missions increased, he began to use this way of thinking subtly, and felt that he was indeed doing something meaningful.

If killing just one person would prevent many more from dying, why not do it?

Even though he is an Uchiha genius, after this series of tasks, he has gradually been affected by this kind of thinking. After all, people must convince themselves to maintain psychological balance.

During this mission, when the ninja codenamed "Shen" decided to sacrifice himself, Itachi, who experienced this situation for the first time, was deeply touched.

However, as Shisui's illusion revealed all the truth and proved that this so-called sacrifice was just an emotional trap specially created for him by the root organization, the most important thing in Itachi's spirit as a human being - trust, was completely broken. 

He remembered what Shisui said to him during the jounin exercise three years ago - "Among so many people in the village, the only one I can trust is you." Although he was moved at the time, he still felt Somewhat exaggerated. But now he understood the deeper meaning of this sentence.

After experiencing this incident, he could no longer trust the Anbu and Root ninjas.

Many conspiracies are arranged based on people's inherent weaknesses. No matter how strong the child is, there is still a possibility of being involved in them under such careful planning.

Now, how to fulfill the promise to his father and how to become a Anbu? Itachi, who once thought he had the answer, fell into deep doubt.

The second level is when "Shen" committed suicide with a explosive tags, but almost killed Giyu.

Giyu didn't take his injury seriously, but Itachi couldn't do that. After all, it was a stone slab weighing more than ten tons that was smashed directly.

If it were him now, there would be absolutely no chance of survival. Although "Shen" was the initiator, if he hadn't been too naive, trusted these people, and led them all the way there, none of this would have happened.

Giyu almost died by his own hands. When he thought about this, Itachi couldn't even pick up his ninja sword these days.

From now on, he may no longer be able to trust his own judgment as he did in the past.

As for the third level, it is the anger of Giyu.

Giyu won't lie. He said he won't be angry about being smashed, so that's absolutely not true.

But why, he couldn't figure it out, and Giyu didn't say anything. He only knew that on the way home, Giyu didn't say a word, and didn't mention what happened to him. He was far more autistic than usual.

But when he thought about facing younger brothers like this in the future, Itachi only felt that his future was bleak.

This time the Rain Country and his party...

Uchiha Itachi lost his trust in others, lost his self-confidence, and even lost his brother's favor.

Under the three consecutive blows, let alone a young boy like him who had just entered puberty, even an adult ninja would fall into a mental crisis like a collapse.

At this moment, he was sticking it to the paper door, just wanting to know at least the last point, that is, how he should remedy the relationship with Giyu.

"You just said that something happened to him 'again'. What do you mean?"

Giyu asked: "Has this happened before?"

"Well..."

Sasuke recalled, "It was my mother who came back from a long-term mission. That day. My brother originally said he wanted to practice shuriken with me, but he was almost injured by me. He was in a bad state that day, very worried, and looked very similar to when he came back yesterday..." 

" At that time, I asked him if he had encountered anything unhappy, but he did not tell me, but asked me a question."

 " What question?"

Giyu also remembered that day.

He teleported with water and appeared next to Itachi, but the latter subconsciously drew his sword...

"Brother asked me, if I create a small disaster, it is possible to avoid a bigger disaster. What will I do?"

Sasuke looked at Giyu curiously.

"The ninja school starts tomorrow, so maybe we will take this question. Giyu, do you know the answer to this question?"

Giyu fell into silence.

Uchiha Itachi, who was close to the door, held his breath, waiting for his brother's answer.

3