Chapter 53
87 0 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 53 2nd Prize

"Sometimes we are in a bad mood, just because we haven't eaten!"

Rengoku raised his arms and pointed to the hotel restaurant with smoke coming from the kitchen.

"Everyone, let's go have something to eat first, and then think about other things!"

"When you are in a good mood, anything you do will be easy! No matter how difficult it is, it will seem easy! "

"Ouch!"

They are just a group of children, and they are easily infected by emotions.

In addition, since they woke up yesterday afternoon, they have not eaten any serious food. At this time, their hearts are opened, their appetites are unavoidable, and they immediately flock away.

After a while, the innkeeper's exclamation rang out over there.

Seeing that the oldest boy was about to follow, Kyojuro stopped him.

"If it's surgery, it's best to keep it fasting!"

He smiled and said, "When the operation is completed, I will bring the food to you. "

"We will eat together then! But before that, I will wait for you to wake up with an empty stomach!"

"Thank you..."

the boy whispered, with a blushing face showing embarrassment.

After all, he was looking for death a few minutes ago, but now he is getting excited for food, which shows that his position is not firm. Especially when Kyojurou seemed to be younger than him, this emotion was even more intense.

"Don't be embarrassed, face the change of your mind calmly!"

"It's really unmanly to stick to wrong ideas for the sake of face! "

Rengoku patted his vest, as if power was injected into the boy's body, and the latter's eyes became visibly firm.

"I understand."

Rengoku paused and then asked: "I haven't asked yet, what is your name? "

" Yasujiro." The young man hesitated for a while, "I don't have a last name." "

Except for those who deliberately conceal their surnames like Tsunade, most people without surnames do so because their ancestors have a low status. But the word "Rengoku" of "Rengoku Kyojuro" is difficult to forget as soon as you hear it, so Kyojuro said He was somewhat sensitive when it came to his own name.

"Then I'll call you like this, Yasujiro!. You can also call me Kyojuro! "

Kyojuro looked in the direction of the living room, "Let's go, before the operation, let's go say hello to Miss Shizune who will perform the operation on you! "

Shizune saw them walking towards her, and stood up unconsciously holding Tonton.

Although they only got along with each other for a few days, she not only had a deep affection for this child, but also had a sincere feeling for her. The respect in my heart.

This respect is not because of Kyojuro's kindness, but because he really does what he says. He obviously shoulders a lot of responsibilities and is so busy making money that he doesn't even have time to sleep, but he can still take care of everyone's feelings, even if It was Tsunade-sama who had always spoken harshly to him, and Kyojuro never blamed her, and even came to her for dinner every day. This kind of generosity that could tolerate everything, Shizune had never seen even in the Hokage.

  When they met, Kyojuro and Shizune hadn't spoken yet, the boy named Yasujiro immediately bowed deeply to Shizune: "I'm sorry! I caused you trouble yesterday! "

He said it naturally because after he woke up, he refused Shizune's examination and wanted to drag his sick body out of here.

"It doesn't have to be like this. I'm glad you figured it out too. "

Shizune couldn't help but be surprised. In less than twenty-four hours, a person's mental outlook suddenly changed drastically, and she was also surprised. But Kyojuro on the side just smiled brightly. Being able to face one's own mistakes is the first step to reality.

This shows that Yasujiro did listen to what he just said.

After the three of them sat down again, Kyojuro asked: "Miss Shizune, did I just see the doctor go out? "

"Hmm..."

Speaking of this, Shizune showed a trace of embarrassment on her face, but she couldn't tell the truth, so she could only cover for the teacher and said: "Tsunade-sama is eager to go to the next town, so she leaves first. After I performed the operation on this child today, I must leave here immediately. I can't keep her waiting for too long, so I can only trouble you for the rest. "

Unlike the past when she couldn't wait to leave a place to avoid debts, Shizune wanted to stay a little longer this time, but the situation really didn't allow it. Besides, she could also understand why Tsunade-sama wanted to leave as soon as possible.

 "What a pity. I didn’t even have a chance to say goodbye to the doctor! "

Kyojuro's tone was a little regretful, but he immediately became positive again, "But it doesn't matter! I will tell these children what your doctor has done for them, and everyone will remember her! "

Shizune smiled reluctantly.

As long as Lady Tsunade leaves this country and starts drinking again, it is only a matter of time before she forgets this matter.

She doesn't need to think about it. She knows that leaving this "firecracker head" brat behind is what Tsunade wants the most now.

When Kyojuro and they had been together for less than a day, he wanted to solve something that Shizune had not been able to do for more than ten years. Although Tsunade-sama's time without drinking was only a short day. , but Shizune can feel that the sober Lady Tsunade is completely different from the drunken woman who doesn't care about anything.

She only hopes now that Tsunade-sama will not break the relationship with Kyojuro and she will quit gambling.

After all, she already owed so much gambling debt, what difference does it make if she owed more.

"Okay, let's deal with the surgery first. "

Shizune changed the subject, and Kyojuro stopped asking about Tsunade.

"Yasujiro, among the six people, the Sanshōuo poison sac on your body is the most unstable of all." Shizune showed her professional attitude as a doctor and explained carefully: "In order to wake you up, I used more than twice the amount of antidote that I used on others. If you don't wake up, I won't be sure to operate on you. But now that you're awake, I'm going to ask you some questions, and you just need to answer me as best you can. "

Yasujiro subconsciously looked at Kyojuro, feeling a little nervous.

Kyojuro didn't know much about medical skills, but Giyu also told Kaname that if necessary, this child poison sac can be removed before the toxins are absorbed. If you wait for seven days, the variables will increase.

It sounds like it is not far from Shizune's judgment.

"You can ask, but my knowledge is very limited. "

Yasujiro gradually calmed down under Kyojuro's encouraging eyes.

Shizune: "Okay. Let me ask you first, when was it that you were taken away by Rain Ninja? Do you still remember? "

Yasujiro: "It's the beginning of January."

Shizune's eyes filled with surprise.

According to Kyojuro, it should have been shortly after the transplant experiment started. In other words, Yasujiro is actually a veteran-level "experimental subject".

"Did they implant this thing into you immediately?"

"Well, they said that this would make me a very powerful ninja."

Thinking of the scene at that time, Yasujiro's face turned slightly blue, "I was in a prison. I stayed in the same room for two or three days, ate six or seven meals, and then passed out."

The confusion on Shizune's face became more and more obvious.

"Miss Shizune, is there any problem?" Kyojuro asked.

"Well..."

Shizune said immediately without hesitation: "Judging from the fluctuations in Yasujiro's body temperature when he was unconscious, his adaptability to the poison sac is very poor. Before I detoxified, I used a stethoscope to judge the poison in Yasujiro's body. The sac, when absorbing the toxins in his body, was obviously overloaded and about to explode. Normally speaking, with the adaptability he showed, it would be impossible for him to last for so long..." 

Yasujiro couldn't understand Shizune Meaning, he can only stay aside quietly, not even knowing whether my situation is good or bad.

"Will it affect the results of the surgery?"

This is the question that Rengoku is most concerned about.

"Once the poison is detoxified, the operation will be much easier. But he has had the poison sac implanted for too long, and it has become a part of his body. Once I break his skin, it may cause the poison sac to automatically react defensively. The resulting toxins flowed back into his body and sprayed out in the form of breath."

Shizune thought for a while, "To be on the safe side, I need to prepare a few more antidotes, so it should be foolproof." "Sorry to trouble you!"

 Kyojuro sat upright and said sincerely: "Although you have always regarded yourself as an apprentice, among the doctors I have seen, there are only a few who can be as responsible as you! I believe that you will definitely shine in the future! "

  "...Thank you."

Her medical skills were finally recognized by someone she admired - even though he was just a child - Shizune's eyes were still a little moist.

Although Tsunade-sama is very responsible when teaching medical skills, it is difficult for her to say anything good when she is drunk. Such praise is very precious to Shizune.

Shizune went into the house to prepare the medicine, while Kyojuro held the Tonton and talked with Yasujiro, hoping to make the latter relax as much as possible. Tonton, on the other hand, seemed to like the warm feeling on Rengoku's body, lying limply on his stomach.

...

at the same time.

Tsunade was walking towards the inn outside Heli Town with heavy thoughts.

Her face was full of contemplation and her eyebrows were lowered. Those men who usually dared to whistle because of her beauty on the street took one look at her today and immediately turned their heads.

This is a very correct choice.

Because this Tsunade-hime from Konoha was trying to find a target to punch hard to drive away the voice of the firecracker-headed brat that kept echoing in her mind.

[As long as we don’t lose ourselves, our deceased relatives will know that they haven’t lost us either. 】

【Never let this power be shelved or abandoned just because you fell into the quagmire of sadness. 】

【If your deceased relatives knew that after their death you fell into such a state of despair and despair, would they be able to find peace? ]

Unaccompanied Tsunade, relying on the excitement of gambling and the anesthesia of alcohol, has not thought of her relatives for a long time. Even if she does, alcohol will help her dispel them.

But unfortunately, in this small town, I met such a kid - His red and yellow hair color looked like a mixture of his grandmother Mito Uzumaki and his brother Nawaki.

His cheerful personality and optimistic attitude are very much like his grandfather Senju Hashirama, whose face has changed in her memory.

When Kyojuro looked at her, his caring eyes reminded her of her father and mother.

The most important thing is that the confident look with the goal of saving lives is more like her younger self.

Sure enough, there was a very reasonable reason why she didn't like this kid when she first saw him.

It was almost like the ghosts of her past had merged into one big living person, wanting to keep her in peace.

After walking, Tsunade arrived at the restaurant of the inn and found a low table to sit down at.

She was waiting for Shizune here.

The owner of the store came over and asked, "Guest, do you want to eat or drink tea?"

Tsunade squeezed her fingers and hesitated for a while, then finally put her hand to her forehead and ordered in a low voice: "Bring me some wine."

There was no other way. There is still a long time left today.

"Ah, but it's still morning-"

His voice was cut off by Tsunade's glare.

"...Well, the sake we provide to our guests hasn't been delivered yet. Can you look at the beer?"

The boss rubbed his hands and gave a big smile, "It's our local brand, and there is also a lottery now. If you buy it, The more, the greater the possibility of winning."

"Huh?"

Lottery?

The beer that satisfied Tsunade's two hobbies at the same time caught her attention. A light appeared in her eyes, but it quickly went out.

She still didn't make up her mind to violate the agreement, so she waved her hand: "Let's have a bottle first." 

" Just come."

Soon, a bottle of beer with exquisite packaging was placed on the table, and the boss said: "The result of the lottery will be written on the bottle cap. If you win the first prize, you will get a bonus of 10,000 ryō. The second prize is 5,000 ryō. The third prize is 1,000 ryō. The probability of winning is very high. You can redeem it on the spot. We will go to the manufacturer for reimbursement. That's it. Do you want me to open it for you?"

"I'll do it myself."

Tsunade waved and the boss left, but she had no intention of opening the bottle. Instead, she stared at the exquisite bottle, which reflected her face - her eyes at twenty, her lips at twenty, her nose at twenty, her hairstyle at twenty...

The slightly cowardly look in her eyes was completely different from the confident look she had when she was twenty, and she had hardly made any progress over the years.

She held the bottle and laughed angrily at the idea that she actually wanted to go back on a bet with a child.

Two people, similar experiences, their actual age is even seven or eight times that of a child. But he can cheer up and take care of others, but he has no time to take care of himself. She hesitates for a long time when she sees something red, and hesitates to move forward.

I can’t imagine how grandpa, grandma, and Nawaki would feel if they could really see her current appearance in another world.

The shame of the long future and the guilt for her family occupied Tsunade's heart.

She rested her forehead on the top of the bottle, staring blankly at the reflection of the neck of the bottle. She remained motionless for an unknown amount of time. She glanced at the boss's face from time to time, with a worried look on her face. It’s becoming more and more obvious. I wonder what this guest wants to do?

Suddenly, the reflection in Tsunade's eyes suddenly changed into the shape of Nawaki, and he shouted: "Sister!", which woke Tsunade up from her trance.

She sat up as if she had just woken up from a dream, and found that there were many people in the restaurant. Unknowingly, it was already noon.

"Shizune, why are you so slow..."

Tsunade calmed down and frowned at the bottle of wine, losing the desire to drink it.

Just to kill time and relieve the itching of her hands after not gambling for a few days, she unscrewed the cap of the bottle.

When the boss came out of the back room, a full bottle of beer was placed on the table, but Tsunade was nowhere to be seen, and there was no money on the table.

"What's going on? The bottle has been opened, even if you haven't drunk it, you can't give me money?"

The boss frowned and walked to the table. He only glanced at it and suddenly grinned like a blooming chrysanthemum.

Because the words "Second Prize" were written on the cap of the bottle, and the prize was a full five thousand ryō.

2