Eldoria
0 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The Gang's journey to Eldoria brimmed with eager anticipation, a sense of mystique cloaking their path as they ventured into the unknown challenges that lay ahead. Along the winding trail, Saru chanced upon a serene oasis nestled within the vibrant landscape. Its enchantment was further heightened by the bustling merchants who infused life into the scene. A profound tranquility enveloped him, a tranquil smile gracing his lips as he soaked in the atmosphere—a mood expertly nurtured by the Mad Wolf, who effortlessly created an environment ripe for conversation.

"Saru, did your father ever venture into the enigmatic depths of Eldoria, or did the castle's secrets remain beyond his grasp?" Saru met his companion's gaze, weariness etched across his features. "Honestly, I merely relayed what he shared with me. Our understanding of this place remains limited, unless, of course, you possess more insights, Mad Wolf."

A hearty laugh echoed from the Mad Wolf's lips. "Ah, indeed, I do possess some insights. Remember, your father and I were comrades in arms. The mechanisms of Eldoria are not entirely foreign to me. It's governed by a council of four esteemed Sages."

Saru's focus shifted to the distant horizon. "So, instead of a monarch, their guidance rests in the hands of a quartet of accomplished Sages. Truly fascinating."

The Mad Wolf's gaze turned contemplative as he regarded Saru. "Have you ever caught a glimpse of your mother? I know it's an unusual question, but throughout all our interactions, you've never spoken of her."

Saru's laughter hung in the air as he struggled to maintain composure. "My knowledge extends only to my mother entrusting me to my father's care. Both were banished from the kingdom. However, my research has yielded no insights into the reasons for her departure. Do you possess any information?"

The Mad Wolf's demeanor grew somber. "Saru, from my perspective, born of your father, a marked man due to his alliance with me, I would speculate that their union might have prompted an execution decree. Yet, your mother was no ordinary intellect; it's improbable she would succumb to such a trap. It's possible she devised a means of escape. After all, she was a skilled wielder of magic, Saru."

Saru's gaze met the Mad Wolf's. "Could she then reside in Eldoria?"

A sigh escaped the Mad Wolf before he replied. "I tread carefully to avoid unduly raising your hopes, but the potential is indeed significant."

Saru brought his horse to a standstill, his gaze fixing upon a group of slave traders. He raised his hand, and with unwavering precision, Aryan and Raven unsheathed their crossbows, dispatching the individuals driving the carriages carrying enslaved souls.

Saru approached one of the fallen slave traders, who was barely breathing and struggling to hold on to life. "You scoundrel, you should be aware that slave trading is illegal."

The man looked up at Saru and spat in his face. Saru chuckled and delivered a kick to his head until the captive lost consciousness, no longer breathing.

Meanwhile, Raven inspected the slave trader carts. "What the... Uhh, Saru, they're all children."

Saru walked over to Raven, and as he knelt down, one of the girls ran into his arms. "Hey, girl, how old are you?"

The girl hesitated for a moment before answering, "I'm seven."

Saru gently placed her on the ground so she could stand on her own feet. "Okay, listen up, everyone, I need the oldest among you. I want to ask you some questions."

One of the girls stepped forward, her mouth bruised, and she spoke in a hushed tone while looking at the floor. "I'm 18, sir."

Saru clicked his teeth in frustration. "Forget the formalities; I'm not like those people. Aryan, draw a map for me to our village."

The girl looked up at Saru. "U-Uhh, the reason they took us... they wanted to sell us as... erotic workers."

Saru felt a rage like he had never experienced before. "God damn it." Saru drew his sword and began to viciously stab the lifeless body in front of him repeatedly. "You worthless piece of filth."

Raven approached Saru cautiously, trying to hold him back. "Saru, I understand your anger, but you can't do this in front of the children; they've been through enough."

The Mad Wolf stepped in and placed a finger on Saru's neck, whispering into his ear, "Starry Night's Repose."

Saru fell into a deep sleep, and Raven gently guided him to rest on his horse.

Aryan finished drawing a map and handed it to the eldest girl. "Take the horse and the wagon, follow the route I've marked, and you'll reach Saru's village. And take this too." Aryan pulled out a bug amulet. "With this, you'll be able to pass through the barrier surrounding our village."

The Gang watched over the people as they boarded the wagon, now en route to Saru's village. With the children safe, their journey to Eldoria continued.

Raven couldn't help but admire the beauty of the crystalline trees that surrounded them, a mesmerizing sight on the outskirts of Eldoria.

Saru stopped his horse as a roadblock appeared, smoke enveloping the gang, seemingly summoned by the Council of Sages. "Travelers, we have been expecting your arrival. We know it was one of you who killed one of the past sages."

Saru laughed and drew his sword. "Oh please, if you were truly great sages, you'd look into your crystal balls and realize you've got the wrong group."

One of the sages decided to clash swords with Saru. They began to fight, and Saru's sword ignited in flames. "Let's change the pace." Saru shot a fireball at the sage, who fell back after feeling Saru's energy. "It's true, Sir. It's not possible; his energy is too pure."

The scene transitioned as four great Sages each grabbed one of the members' hands, teleporting them to different destinations.

Raven found himself in a grand library filled with ancient tomes. The sage noticed the book Raven was reading and curiously approached him. "Huh, Saru is his name? I do wonder if he is the fallen King that has been written in tales."

Raven chuckled at the thought. "He might be, to be honest. My leader fights like he's throwing everything on the line. He wields a fiery sword and won't kill unless he sees fit."

The sage took a step back, absorbing this information. "Seems you have faith in him."

Raven stood up, a proud smile on his face. "Of course, you'd have to have faith in your leader; once the faith goes, only issues follow suit."

The sage then sat down at a nearby table and pulled out a book. "Hey, have you ever heard of the Bloodrune family?"

Raven got up and stood next to him, looking at the book with interest. "Well, only from my grandfather. Why?"

The sage smiled knowingly. "You must be one of my family members. I too am a Bloodrune Family member. Well, kind of. I come from the family that existed before yours. We were around for centuries before the new family started; we were called The Crimson Coven."

Raven was shocked to learn that there was a family before the Bloodrune one, but to discover that he was related to the great sage was something else.

Now the story continues with the Mad Wolf. He was sent to the Temple of Transmutation. "Well, Mad Wolf, let me inform you about what this place is. This ancient temple is dedicated to the art of transmutation and transformation magic. It's a place where mages explore the boundaries of matter and energy. Now trust me, I know you can't use transmutation energy, but I do believe we can make you stronger."

The Mad Wolf looked around before drawing out his sword. "Well, Great Sage, care to duel?"

The sage smiled as he pulled out a sword and charged at the Mad Wolf, swinging his sword with determination. The Mad Wolf smirked and, with astonishing speed, stopped the sage's sword with just his finger. "Angelic blast!" a lightning bolt cracked the sky and struck the Sage. The Sage laughed heartily. "Well, it does seem like you have a transformation in there."

The Mad Wolf looked at the Sage. "So what is it?"

The sage walked up to the Mad Wolf and placed his hand on his head. "Hmm well, it's Celestial Ascendance, and with that, it seems you can become an angelic being."

The Mad Wolf grabbed his sword and pointed his blade at the sage. "Well, time to fight and see if I can awaken this power."

The sage charged at the Mad Wolf except the Mad knew he had to be hit with a sword stronger than his own in order to awaken it. The sage stabbed the Mad Wolf right in the heart. "Ah, I see you got it down boy. You realized you needed to feel a stronger energy in you."

The Mad Wolf smirked as a winged appeared and the wound started to close up on its own. "I win."

The Mad Wolf took the sword out of his chest and threw it at the sage.

Now the story goes to Aryan. Aryan found himself on an archery field, observing the other scholars hone their skills. The sage assigned to Aryan handed him a crossbow. "Use it, boy, and hit three bullseyes in a row."

Aryan lined up his shot and fired, achieving a clear bullseye. He took another shot, but the sage countered it with a fireball, incinerating the arrow. "Boy, you need to use magic to aim the arrow, or I will shoot it down every time. Try again."

Aryan paused, contemplating his approach. "I know what I have to do." He took another shot, but this time he infused magic into the arrow, allowing him to control its trajectory. The sage responded with an icicle, freezing the arrow in mid-air.

Aryan realized he needed a more creative solution. He decided to shoot three arrows simultaneously, each imbued with magic to control their movement and speed. As the sage and Aryan watched, all three arrows struck the bullseye with precision.

The sage stood up and applauded. "I'm proud of you, boy."

The three sages who had been overseeing Saru, Raven, and the Mad Wolf arrived, and all the members of the gang were reunited. The sages took their seats at a round table. The female sage who had accompanied Saru looked at the gang. "Alright, we will teleport you to a nearby hotel for now, and we'll meet later to discuss our plan to confront the Kingdom of Death."

The Great Sages approached the gang and held their arms. They began a chant, and suddenly, they found themselves standing in front of an inn. They entered the inn and were shown to a lavishly decorated room that had already been prepared for their arrival.

They settled into the room, exhaustion washing over them from the day's events. Saru laughed, breaking the silence. "Well, it seems like we're one step closer to taking on the Kingdom of Death."

The gang smiled in agreement. "To our next adventure," they said in unison as they drifted off to sleep, eager for the challenges that lay ahead.

0