Chapter 22: Bell
21 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Seishin POV

So my mom decided to drop some more lore on my family's history. Apparently our family has contracts with wind spirits that act as summons. Just like the famous snake, slug and toad summons of the legendary Sanin. Our family has access to a summoning scroll to an ancient land of beings made of wind, at least that's how my mom put it. They are unique in that they are spirits made of wind and are not physical.

Kind of reminds me of Bell, hopefully I get to see her again some day.

Anyway Naruto started his career as a ninja, I was there when Kakashi was testing him and Sasuke. He's a pretty good teacher, he taught many important points in the couple of hours he was with them. I surprised when Naruto managed to draw on the power of the Nine Tails, the brats been keeping secrets from me. Last time he did that was on accident when I decided to show him what a life or death situation looks like. It kind of looked like he was accelerating his heartbeat to access the power, but that can't be how he pulled that off. The Nine Tails is a sentient being inside of him that can destroy forests and level mountains. The seal on it must be pretty strong, unless...

You know what, I think Naruto can handle it. In the meantime, I think I should check out that summoning scroll.

I went to the basement of the house and found the scroll, "What!?"

It looked exactly like the scroll I found in that dungeon in my past life! Does that mean I can see Bell again? I haven't seen her in almost 17 years. I've been with her even longer than A-

"Maybe... maybe I can see her again," If there's a god out there, please let me see Bell again.

I open the scroll and see many names written in blood, I unravel the scroll for quite a while until I finally find my mom's name, next to grandpa's name as well. I prick my finger on the pointy end of the scroll and write my name on the blank space, which just so happens to be the last blank space in the entire scroll.

The scroll lights up green, I perform the hand signs for a summoning jutsu and a cloud of smoke appears. I feel a strong pull and find myself in a meadow of flowers. I look behind me and I see a massive tree. I strong wind blows, pushing me forward. The wind picks up some dandelion seeds from the flowers growing in the meadow. As I walk towards the tree, the seeds of the flowers fly in the same direction as me.

As we get closer to the tree some beings pop out from the flowers surrounding the tree. I notice a pond at the base of the tree, the beings gather around us. One goes towards the seed that was still floating in the wind around me. She guides the petal towards a waterfall of... glitter? The petal slowly floats down and lands on a mushroom growing on trunk of the tree. Another being fills a cup of the golden glitter and brings it to the seed. The seed glows slightly and a head of blonde rises, she looks around at the beings around her until we lock eyes.

"Yuno?" "Bell?" We both say at the same time.

She starts crying and flies towards me, next thing I know I have a loud wind spirit stuck to my face. I kind of missed this, but I won't tell her that or she won't stop teasing me about it.

"Well this certainly is a surprise, I didn't think you two would get so attached so quickly." I look up and see a golden spirit descending from the top of the tree. She was larger than the spirits around her and her clothing appeared to be made of the same glitter flowing down from the top of the tree.

"Who are you if I may ask?" I asked.

"I am Queen Clarion, ruler of spirit hollow. This is a special occasion, we haven't had a new spirit in over 2 decades. Imagine my surprise when someone from the outside appears just as a new spirit is born, and look how attached she is to you already," She said.

"Come along little one, let's find your talent shall we?" Queen Clarion said. Five platforms pop up in a circle on the mushroom platform. Bell reluctantly goes to the center of the circle. Spirits wearing different color clothing approach and put different elements down on the five platforms. Lightning, Fire, Water, Earth, Wind. The second the green little tornado of wind is placed down, she immediately goes to it and picks it up.

"Of course, I'll go with this!" Bell said. Immediately the little tornado of wind glows a blinding green color. Bell is covered in this light and starts floating in the air, when the light dies down and Bell floats down we can see that her clothing is different. He clothing is now green, along with her eyes and hair that gained a green tint.

"Wonderful, come forth wind spirits and welcome the newest member of your family, Bell." Queen Clarion said.

"No! I'm staying with Yuno!" Bell said.

"Don't bother the queen Bell, I'll speak with her. But in the meantime you need to learn more about this place, we can talk later okay?" I said.

"Fine," Bell pouted.

The queen giggled, "It truly amazes me how much you two get along," she said.

"You don't seem surprised that we know each other, even though she was just born." I said.

"I've seen many things in my time, that very few things can surprise me anymore." She said.

"That's great, I'm sure you know why I'm here," I said.

"Yes, and it seems you got what you came here for. From now on Bell will be your summon spirit." Queen Clarion said.

"Fantastic, I'll summon her later," I said.

"Off you go now, Seishin Hoshizora. May you achieve great things and live up to your destiny." She said. I felt a strong pull and next thing I know, I find myself back in the basement of my house.

"Well, that was anti-climactic," I said.

__________

Hey guys, a short chapter today. When I was writing this chapter I didn't intend for it to turn into a Tinker Bell-like origin. But the fact that the sylph and fairy are both called Bell just kind of reminded me of the movie. So I decided to take the origins of how fairies are born and incorporate it into this story. It fit in really well so I decided to stick with it, let me know what you think.

This is a Naruto fanfiction so next chapter I'll have the land of waves arc. I'm thinking of ways to incorporate Seishin into the plot more. Please help me out if you can, I don't want to have to create new arcs that were never in the show because they would just feel like filler.

Also, should I save Haku? Given Naruto's character and current strength along with Sasuke, I feel like they could knock out Haku before he could sacrifice himself.

I think the soonest I can involve Seishin in the main plot would be at the Chunin exams arc, what do you think?

1