Chapter 10: Friends
98 1 7
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The next day Naruto and I went to Mikoto's house for dinner. Shin was still busy with his Anbu training.

Once we made it to her house and knocked on the door a little kid opened the door.

"Oh, Sasuke! What are you doing here?" Naruto exclaimed.

"I live here dummy." He replied.

"Hi Sasuke is your mom home?" I said.

"Yes, let me call her." He said and ran back inside. He left the door open.

Mikoto came into view while drying her hands on her apron. "Oh, Haruki. Please come inside, I was just making dinner."

"Thank you, I brought a little something for dessert. I hope you don't mind." I said.

"Oh, you shouldn't have. Thank you."

"It's my pleasure."

We walked inside and Naruto and Sasuke went playing in the garden while I talked with Mikoto in the kitchen.

We spoke for a while and I helped her cook, once we finished we had dinner with the kids and sat around the living room and spoke some more. Once the sun set I decided it was time to go home.

"Thank you so much for today, we had a great time. But we should really be heading back." I said, we made plans to have her come visit us next week.

Naruto looked like he had a fun time, and I finally had a friend my age.

________

Naruto POV

"I live here dummy," Sasuke said.

He's so annoying but he's fun to hang around with, I guess.

Mom and I went inside and she told me to go play with Sasuke. I went outside to the backyard and saw him throwing shuriken at a tree.

"Hey, what'cha doin'?" I asked.

"I'm practicing idiot. My big bro is busy and he told me to practice my shuriken jutsu until he has time to teach me a cool jutsu."

"I can see that, but you're so bad." He seemed mad until I picked up one of the shuriken and threw it at the tree. It hit the tree dead center.

"Whoah! How'd you do that?" He said.

"It's all in the wrist, keep your shoulders loose and whip your wrist a bit before your hand lines up with your target."

[This is some bullshit lol.]

"Okay," He tried my technique and he hit the tree. Before he had only hit the tree a few times out of luck but now he hit it three times in a row which is an improvement.

"So you still don't know any cool jutsu?" I teased.

"Shuddup, my big bro is definitely going to teach me. Besides, it's not like you know any!" He said.

"Oh yeah? Watch this." I made some hand signs and said, "Gale Surge!"

I took a deep breath and blew out air that moved the branches of the tree. I gave Sasuke a smug look and saw that he had an annoyed look on his face.

"Guys, dinner!" I heard my mom yell from inside. I ran back inside and we had dinner.

____________

Next Week

Sasuke came to our house and he had this smug look on his face for some reason. He had some bandages on his cheeks close to his mouth.

He immediately ran to me and said," I learned a really strong jutsu! It's our clan's signature jutsu, the fireball jutsu!" His nose was pretty much touching the ceiling from how smug he looked.

I wanted to see it, so I said, "Oh yeah? Let me see it."

"Okay," he said and started doing hand signs.

"NONONONONO!!!" Both our moms yelled at the same time. "Go outside and do it." Sasuke's mom said.

"Yeah, Naruto take him to the training ground you always go to. There should be a pond there. But make sure to be back before the sun sets." Mom said.

"Okay," I said, and Sasuke and I went to the training ground. Once we made it to the pond I said.

"Okay, show me this really cool jutsu that you've been bragging about." I mocked.

"Okay, get ready to be amazed." He started doing hand signs and yelled. "Firestyle: Fire Ball Jutsu!" He took in a big breath and exhaled as fire spewed from his mouth forming a huge fireball that was as big as the pond. Half the water from the pond evaporated once the fireball dissipated.

"Woah! That's so cool! Can you teach me?" I asked.

"Sure thing, so you do these hand signs breathe in, and go whoosh and fire will come out." He explained.

"WHAT TYPE OF TEACHING IS THAT DUMBASS! I COULD'VE FIGURED THAT OUT ON MY OWN!!!" I exclaimed. "Whatever I'll learn an even better jutsu than you, I'm still better at you in the academy."

"Not true, I have the same marks as you!"

We continued like this until the sun started to set and we had to go home.

At home, we just hung out and did whatever until it got late and they had to go home.

A couple of years passed and Sasuke turned 7. We got really close and started taking training more seriously. Sasuke learned to walk on trees and almost has the water walking down. Sucks to suck because I already learned that way before him. We got really good at taijutsu and Bukijutsu because our Moms wouldn't let us learn any Jutsus higher than B-Rank until we graduated.

"Something happened to your family Sasuke and mom said you got sick that's why you had to go to the hospital. We went to a funeral with pictures of your mom in the front. Does that mean I won't get to see her again? Her food was really good. Mom said she went to someplace really nice. But why didn't she take you with her? And why is everyone so sad? She said it's because we won't get to see her again.

Mom said that it's really hard to go there and it's better if you go there when you're really really old. But your mom isn't that old. Does that mean Mom will go there too? She said that she wouldn't go there until a long long time. Mom said that you get to live with us, so that's nice. We can hang out all the time and stay up all night."

______

I tried to emulate a child's rambling. Let me know how I did. The next chapter is going to be about two major events. I'm sure you already know what one is because of Naruto's rambling. We'll go back in time a little to see what Shin has been up to and what he changed or tried to change.

7