Chapter 17: Training
61 0 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

I resumed my duties as the personal ANBU of the Hokage, but nothing much happened. I stayed in the village most of the time, doing whatever the Hokage asked and going on the monthly mission outside of the village. Usually to the borders, but sometimes I would escort the Hokage outside of the village to the capital or on routine inspections. But I would usually stay within the confines of the village.

I made quite a bit of money as well, mainly because I still live with my mom. So I don't have to pay for rent or food or anything except personal stuff. During this time Naruto approached me and asked me for help with his training.

It seems that he wanted help with academic studies. Studying has never been his strong suit, I gave him some study tips and told him to create clones to help with memorization.

A year later, he approached me again and said, "Uh, nee-san. I need your help with something."

"What is it?"

"It's Sasuke, he's been really annoying lately. Whatever I do, I always end up second to him, and the girls in class like him for some reason and they always jump on me for the smallest things."

I raised an eyebrow and said, "Really? It seems you've been really slacking on your training Naruto, or you've been training the wrong way. As for the girl issue, I don't know how to help you there. But I may be able to help you with your training. Maybe if you can beat Sasuke, then the girls will start to like you," I said.

Sasuke shut us out of his life after he woke up from the hospital. It's not for a lack of trying, my mom tried her best to make him feel comfortable with us, but he said he wanted to be alone. My mom still visits him every month. but it would seem his relationship with Naruto deteriorated over time.

"YES! Finally!" He yelled, it would seem I neglected to spend time with Naruto this past year. With my job and Naruto being in the academy we just didn't have time to spend with each other.

I guess I need to ask for a reduction in hours at work because, after Naruto graduates, he would need to focus on taking missions and ranking up.

"Alright, let's go to the training ground," I said.

After a while, I stood across from Naruto and spoke, "Okay, how do you usually train?"

"Uh, I would usually focus on chakra control and do physical exercises."

"Hmm, that's good, show me," I said.

So I just spent the day with Naruto, helping him with his training recommending improvements where he needed them and introducing advanced exercises and techniques that will help him improve. He had the basics down, he just needed to fine-tune them a bit more.

"Listen Naruto, I'm sure you don't want to waste time working on the basics when you're 17 or 18. It's best if you master them now to build a strong foundation for yourself so that in the future you focus your full attention on advanced moves. Also, I need you to work on your chakra control and concentration.

The reason you're able to use the chakra control techniques is because of the ridiculous amount of chakra you have. You need to work on using as little chakra as possible for all those techniques so that it becomes second nature to you. And for your shinobi skills, you must be comfortable using kunai and shuriken and know how to use other weapons. You don't have to master them, but you just need to know the proper forms so that whenever a situation arises where you need to use a weapon outside of your expertise, you won't make a fool out of yourself.

We'll also go over your hand-to-hand combat skills, it's good now, but we need to work on diversifying your skill set. Once we get that out of the way, I'll teach you some wind jutsu that you can use in a fight strategically to gain the advantage."

"Quick question, can't you teach me other jutsu's too? I really want to throw rocks at someone or shoot jets of water out of my mouth!" Naruto said excitedly.

"It's best that you focus on mastering your elemental affinity first. Besides, I can't use the other chakra natures, only wind" I said.

"What! Why?" Naruto exclaimed.

"It's the nature of my bloodline, I can only use wind style and any other element is out of my reach. In exchange for great affinity with one element, my family can't use any of the other traditional elements and their deviations." I said. "Anyways let's get going with your training shall we."

And so, months passed as I trained Naruto in the basic skills he needed to be a successful shinobi. We started with kunai and shuriken practice in the afternoon and concentration and chakra control exercises at dusk. I then have Naruto do weighted exercises, and run a couple of laps around the training field with weights to end the day.

"Huff-huff, n-nee-san, when will you finally teach me the jutsu's we talked about? I already feel like I got a lot better and can beat Sasuke at shuriken and kunai throwing and hand-to-hand combat" He said.

"Naruto, are you going to keep being hung up on Sasuke? There are a lot of better people out there, you need to stop using Sasuke as a metric for success" I said.

"Well, who else am I going to look at?" He asked.

"Me," I said, matter-of-factly.

"Are you serious? I don't even know how strong you are." He said.

"Okay, you want to see how strong your brother is? Watch this" I said and raised my arm towards the forest next to the cliff face surrounding the village. Without any hand signs, the wind started to gather in front of my palm to form a wind bow and arrow and shot it towards the cliff face. All of the trees in the path of the arrow were either destroyed by the arrow or pulled out of the ground due to the speed at which the arrow was travelling. The arrow hit the cliff face and created a loud impact that displaced a lot of earth. The ground shook for a while at the point of impact but once everything calmed down a massive crater could be seen in the cliff face. 

"WOAH! That was awesome! Can you teach me that jutsu? Please!" Naruto practically had stars in his eyes asking me to teach him the jutsu.

"Haha, sure, sure. Now get off me, you're strangling me" I said, I then felt many chakra signatures appearing around the area. I looked towards them and said, "It's fine, I was just showing off to my little brother here. Nothing to worry about."

"Who're you talking to bro?" He asked.

"Just some ninja that came to see what all the fuss is about, don't worry about it," I said.

"Where, where? I don't see anyone" He said.

"That's the point," I informed Naruto, "Now that we're done, let's go home," I said.

"Oh, come on, you said you'll teach me the jutsu!" Naruto said.

"When did I say that?" I asked

"Okay, maybe not, but come on!" Naruto pleaded.

"I'll think about it,"

"YES!"

"After you master the basics,"

"NO!"

"Hahahaha," I started to laugh at his comical responses.

And so we continued our training, and eventually, I taught Naruto some simple wind-style jutsu. Nothing at the level of manipulating wind to appear at much of a distance away from his body. But he could use shoot blades of wind for example, or blow air out of his mouth with enough speed to blow a chunin back. But just like the fireball jutsu, it is pretty obvious when the attack is coming so he would need to catch an enemy off guard. The wind blades worked well, it added some range to his style. So he could use them if he has no kunai or shuriken on him. I also taught him to coat his hands and weapons in chakra, to catch an enemy off guard and to strengthen his attacks.

__________

"Have you figured out what the commotion was?"

"Yes, lord Hokage. It was Seishin Hoshizora, he said that he was showing off to his little brother" The ninja said.

"Hmm, what was the damage like?"

"The path of his attack was destroyed, trees missing their middle sections, and others just completely pulled out of the ground from their roots. The attack also left a considerable crater in the cliff face surrounding the village" The ninja stated.

"Expected, just from the fact that I could hear the explosion from here and see the dust in the air. Very well, that'll be all" The Hokage said.

The ninja disappeared when the Hokage dismissed him.

'That ridiculous amount of chakra I felt before I heard the explosion... It seems the village is in good hands.' The Hokage thought.

__________

Please leave a review if you enjoy the story.

2