Welcome to the Game
8 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

It took the others about twenty minutes before they realized that they could open a menu. The grass felt nice too roll around in, so Jason had a reason not to figure that out at the same time. For now, they’re opening up their inventories, unraveling their starter kits, and equipping their weapons. They’re also grouping themselves into teams of three to seven. The boat is, indeed, sinking. He chuckled at his own terrible joke.

Jason sat at the corner of the room. It’s not like he had no friends or anything. He chose to be like this. The sound of others being far away calmed him down, too. For a moment, he saw that falling girl still drenched with rain. Some people were already talking to her, so that’s a no-go. Besides, he could not just talk to her about what happened.

So, for now…

“Menu…”

A voice command. They were all given a game-like interface to begin with. Judging from what he saw from others, he does not have to physically carry his rations and other equipment with him.

It felt crazy that he was moving on so fast. He saw a girl jump off a building. And now, he’s in a game in another world. Somehow though, he felt excited. It was certainly a feeling that he thought had left him a long time ago.

Anyway, the conditions for going home were simple. They need to clear a hundred floors, a standard for role-playing games. Another rule that makes it interesting though is that everyone can go home for a week if anyone defeats a floor boss. And when they do go home, they get to keep their own skills and abilities intact.

“Gear.”

Two text boxes showed up. One was labeled backpack and had ten slots. The other was labeled as loadout, which felt more like a hot bar. The loadout has six slots. And upon clocking one of the slots, it asked him for a voice command prompt; which was probably used for switching items with little to no time lag.

But that’s the thing. Jason cupped his chin and watched the crowd swing their swords and laugh. There were no rules for player killing. Some people were also distancing themselves from the rest; he’s not the only one who’s wary. There is also an imbalance of gear between the players. Some were getting plate armor while some had to settle for a shield. At this point in time, especially when there was also no rule for respawns and they do not exactly know what they’re fighting, killing players to get their gear is much better than farming. Furthermore, do they even level up? He could not see his own level. He assumed that he's level one, but still...

But in terms of farming. Jason had the knowledge and experience for games like these. However, he didn’t get to choose his stats. He wondered.

“Character Parameter”

Jason de la Cruz:

Form: 6

Armor: 0

————————————

Strength (STR): 8

Tenacity (TEN): 9

Finesse (FIN): 11

Reflex (REF): 11

Charisma (CHA): 10

Fortitude (FOR): 14

A single tear fell from Jason’s eye. He’s going to die.

But hey! If this was his stats, the game should at least balance it out by giving him good gear. These parameters are bare bones, after all, so maybe there was something that he could do about it. Jason immediately opened his starter kit.

————————————

Rations (x3)

Torch (x1)

Fai (13)

Leather Braces

Dagger

Fake Jewels

————————————

“Oh…” Jason held his head. “I’m going to get sent to Jesus.”

0