Chapter 23-The Cafeteria
56 0 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Suki had to wear Elly's uniform, since she didn't own any. Elly had lots to spare. The size fitted her perfectly… except she wore pants instead of a skirt. She would stand out. In the back of Elly's mind, he was starting to fret that someone would catch her eventually and penalize her for cross-dressing only to realize that she wasn't a registered student. And her distinct blue hair didn't help.

I need to forge an ID, but how? IDs were plastic… He could generate the ink… But he would also need her hand signature. Did she even know what a signature was?

And even after getting the ID, it would only fool some. And even the fooled ones would catch on eventually once they checked the school system.

Elly eyed the fish in his plate suspiciously. Never. Never again would he eat it. I’ll kill all of them! Even if his food was already dead, he would find a way to resurrect it and kill it again!

“Is something the matter, Elly?” Suki asked next to him.

He looked up and realized he had stabbed the table with his fork, leaving a serious dent in the pristine, well-shined wood. He scanned the empty cafeteria. None of the chefs behind the counter had seen that. He was relieved. “I’m fine.”

“Ah, that is good. Now, where are these ‘tea’ and ‘sandwiches’ that I may partake of?” She looked around the cafeteria as she and Elly sat alone at a table.

No one else was here but the chefs who were busy in the back doing their stuff. Elly had made sure to come at a good time when it was empty and everyone was in class.

“You had those this morning at home…” And she had finished them.

“Yes, but I require more.”

“‘Require’?” Since when?

“Indeed.”

He went to the counter, asked a chef, and came back to her empty. “They’re fresh out of both.”

“What?! A cruel, unforgivable tragedy!” She stood up.

“Yes, I’m sure it is…” He had more pressing matters to think about. Poking the fish with his fork, he lifted it off his plate and put it into her plate.

She devoured it almost instantly with her hands. Seriously? She forgot that forks existed.

As Elly pondered on what to do after eating, Pompadour Boy and his full entourage came into the cafeteria—10 boys in total. He noticed them then drifted back to his thoughts, as he had more important things to consider… like girl clothes... He missed wearing a skirt… He could actually pass as a typical girl. His voice was shallow and refined enough. What I wouldn’t give for being allowed to wear a skirt again… 

But he would stay strong and wouldn’t cry about it. He just needed more time with his research. Slowly but surely he would reach his goal. And then—

A foot stepped on his plate of food before him. Someone was standing on the table, towering over him as he sat in his seat.

“You’re in my spot. Move.

Elly looked all the way up and saw the tall pompadour, well combed and shined with hair gel.

The boy’s blazer was open. His shirt inside it was out of his pants and wrinkled. His tie was undone, and his shoes were muddy. It was as if he had just come out of a scuffle with someone else. And it seemed that he only cared about his fabulous hair. That was the only thing he had going for him: cool, black hair that probably took him 20 minutes every morning to style.

Elly hardly combed his hair, yet somehow, he retained his allure. Most of the senior girls and higher ranked ones were highly resistant though, but not immune.

But overall, the boy's hair didn’t fully save him from looking like an uncultured ruffian. The rest of his boys were no better. They all looked nothing like aristocrats.

What if Elly were to mess up his hair by “accident”? “You plan on paying for that, right?” Otherwise, he would have to shake him down for his wallet.

Me? If anything, you should be paying me. You’re using my seat.”

Elly got up and looked down on the seat then sat back down and looked at him. “I don’t see your name on it.”

“Don’t be smart with me,” he growled.

The rest of his entourage surrounded Elly and Suki.

Suki was too busy stuffing her face with food to notice anything.

By now, Elly would’ve gotten up and left, since he was done eating, but now, he would stay on purpose just for spite.

“Why not? I’m smart, aren’t I? Unlike you.”

He narrowed his eyes and kicked the plate into Elly’s face. 

Now his clothes, face, and hair were dirty.

“HAHAHA!” Pompadour Boy laughed at him. The rest of his crew joined in.

Noodles hung down from his head. His shirt and jacket were stained with gravy. He had a few spots on his face.

He looked over to Suki who was still digging through her food rapidly and kicked her plate away from her and off the table. “Since you and your girlfriend are done eating, you can leave now!”

He had also paid money for that… And his what?

Suki stared down at the empty table in despair, wondering where her food had gone. “My food…” she whispered and turned her head to look at the plate on the floor.

Pompadour Boy should run while he had the chance now, but instead, he laughed so hard he nearly fell over.

“She’s about to cry!” one of the others was on the floor rolling around, cackling as if mad.

“Give her a bottle of milk!” another yelled.

“No! A pacifier!”

Elly sensed massive magical energy radiating from her. He wouldn’t bother getting angry. Suki’s rage was more than enough for the both of them.

The rest of the tables in the room shattered into fine splinters like they were glass.

They stopped laughing and noticed the tables. Pieces of the ceiling began to collapse around the room.

“What’s happening?” someone asked.

Suki’s voice became thunderous and deep. “YOU PRESUMPTUOUS REPROBATES SHALL BE PUNISHED!” 

The room shook as if there was an earthquake.

Her eyes glowed. She opened her glowing mouth.

Pompadour Boy shrieked, jumped off the table, and dove for the floor. “Duck!” He yelled at the rest.

The boys fell down on the floor, and not a second passed when Suki blew out devastating fire across the room—hot, white, and bright.

Thankfully, they had impressive reflexes. Otherwise, they would’ve been dead.

Despite not being directly in its path, Elly had to shield himself with a forcefield.

The room turned into a furnace.

The chefs were still in the back, oblivious.

Even in the shield, Elly was sweating. His uniform was singed, probably because he was right next to her.

As the seconds passed, the room only got hotter, and the flames got bigger. Did she have an endless supply of fire? Where did a dragon’s fire come from?

While on the floor, Pompadour Boy’s hair caught on fire. He screamed and was trying to brush it out frantically with his hands. It seemed like his hair gel was a flammable one. A poor choice. How unfortunate.

When Suki was done, she scoured the room with her eyes, growling. Her eyes had turned yellow, each having a vertical, oval-shaped pupil. She had also grown a smaller version of her scaly, blue tail and horns. “I will roast them then gobble them up as a replacement for my lunch,” she grumbled. A little smoke came from her nose.

“Let’s not do that, Suki, please…” That was extreme.

“AAAAAAAAH!” They were all on the floor screaming, their clothes partially on fire. With enough rolling around, eventually, they outed the fires.

The entire wall was missing. The edges of the adjacent walls that had connected to the missing one were charred.

At least there was nothing beyond the wall but air: they were on the third floor, and there weren’t any connecting rooms beyond the wall.

A cool breeze flew into the room from the opening.

Several chefs in their white aprons and hats had come from the back and now stared at the mess in shock while they stood behind the counter. A lady dropped an egg she had been holding, unable to do anything but gape. A man dropped his loaf of bread.

Forget everyone’s testimonies that they would give to the prez and the faculty. Elly had to fix the wall ASAP before anyone else came into the cafeteria. Illusion magic wouldn’t cut it: the adept wizards would sense it, and he hadn’t studied any memory-erasing spells. He could only study so much.

The less witnesses, the better. Maybe he could bribe the chefs to keep this a secret…

3