Chapter 1 – An Emotionally Burning Meeting
87 5 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Arcanum is a blessed world of magic, which has driven civilization forward in the past. The world is filled with diverse races, including humans, werewolves, orcs, lizards, elves, and many more.

The witches were the most blessed group, due to their great contribution to the order of the kingdom. However, humanity's greed triggered the outbreak of a war that tore their world apart.

The war went on relentlessly for hundreds of years, dividing the world into three great competing kingdoms. As a result, the world map became chaotic and the diversity of the races out there was threatened.

The Gretten Kingdom, inhabited by humans with formidable military strength, the Bertha Kingdom filled with winged races who are considered holy and have a strong position in defense, and the Socratia Kingdom, where the inhabitants of the darkness live their lives.

Within the vast territory of the Gretten Kingdom, most of the territory was devastated by the prolonged war. However, they managed to survive thanks to advances in technological magic.

Life in the kingdom prospered thanks to this fusion, although they had to remain vigilant against surprise attacks that could come at any time. The Kingdom of Gretten tries to refrain from the greed that comes with war.

One very important part of the Gretten Kingdom is the Crowly Academy. This academy became an important center in maintaining the interests of war and the welfare of mankind. The entrance selection was very strict, and the education there was very difficult.

Crowly Academy is the only academy of quality magic and technology, and is the future hope of the kingdom. If the quality of students graduating from the academy declined, it would be disastrous for the Gretten Kingdom.

The facilities at the academy looked luxurious and complete. The books and references are neatly stored, and there are strict rules against damaging the books as the copying process takes more than 5 years. The students are provided with dormitories and equipment before starting their studies at the academy.

On the first day of the academy, all students gather in their new dormitory area. They stayed in the dormitory before starting their first day and got acquainted with the surroundings.

Among them, there was a young boy who had an athletic build and was of medium height. His gaze was sharp and his face looked cold. Although his hair was messy and long, it looked clean and shiny with the fragrance spreading around him.

"Finally, I was able to arrive at this academy, which is very difficult for ordinary people to penetrate." His small voice was muffled by the strong wind, ruffling his hair slowly.

He prepared his best performance for the special day, which would be the deciding day for him in the next few years. The young boy let out a long sigh, keeping himself from getting too familiar with the same batch of students and seniors.

He took a slow look at his uniform, not forgetting to hold his academy card named Allen Arient, a name that was quite foreign to the city's civilization.

As his footsteps approached the academy building, bis body was suddenly pushed by a shadowy figure from behind, but his body was able to maintain its balance intact.

The shadowy figure became clearer and turned into an academy girl in the same uniform as the boy, possessing a beauty that surpassed that of a royal princess.

The girl's body shape was the favorite of all the noble members, but the blonde-haired girl's gaze and face were not favored by many people.

"Argh! Don't push me, stupid!" The well-dressed girl made a cynical face and made an uncomfortable sound.

The boy, Allen turned around, checking for someone who bumped into him from behind, not feeling anything physically or mentally.

"What's your problem? I don't want to deal with troublesome people like you." After finding out who bumped into him, Allen immediately turned his face away, looking cold.

The noble girl, Shillya had a negative response, her emotions running high and not reflecting on the incident just now.

"Hey! You got in my way first." Shillya stomped her foot on the ground, her pride trampled on.

Allen did not look back and continued to walk to his destination, the academy hall for the formalities.

Shillya's finger pointed forward, raising her voice as if not to end the conflict so easily. Her eyes were filled with burning anger.

"Hey! Don't ignore me! I'm not done talking yet!"

Allen stopped his footsteps again, annoyed by the unyielding behavior of the noble girl.

Allen's mind became distracted by the noise that would take him away from his academic activities, opening his mouth to reply to the response.

"Who do you think you are? I don't know you." Allen put on a dismissive face and an elevated posture, intending for the girl to stay away from him.

Shillya's expression changed, wanting to show her strength as a student of the academy who was valuable and had qualities that the Crowly Academy officials could take into account.

"I'm the headmaster's daughter in this academy. Then, I have connections with royalty so I can do whatever I like." Shillya's answer was filled with that sense of optimism.

Allen smiled sarcastically at Shillya's face full of pride. He felt happy to be able to show how lowly she was in front of him.

"The principal's daughter?" Allen stifled a laugh while giving a hurtful taunt. "Connections with royalty? Does that make you feel special? You're just a spoiled girl who thinks you can do whatever you like."

Shillya felt insulted by Allen's reproach. Her emotions were running high, and she wanted revenge. She would not let herself be insulted so easily.

"Remember, I won't let you off so easily."

Shillya's final warning had no effect on her opponent, soon passing as the noble girl disappeared from Allen's sight.

The young boy just sighed slightly, wanting to forget the annoyance that came back for a second time.

"What kind of girl is that! What a waste of my time!"

Allen walked back and joined the crowded but seemingly small crowd of academy students as only a few students passed out of all the candidates competing for academy student seats.

1