Getting Sick
347 1 19
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Two weeks later. . .

 
"Alright, you're all good to go," The nurse said.
 
"Goodbye!" I said, waving to Rayden and Sophia. They waved back.
 
Then I finally left the hospital. After all this time, I feel relieved to finally be able to be out and about again.
 
My mother was waiting outside in the main waiting room of the hospital. She gave me a hug and walked with me to her car. We drove home, mostly in silence.
 
Once home, I went straight to my room and flopped onto my bed.
 
"Are you alright?" My mother asked me.
 
"I'm fine," I responded. "Just tired."
 
"Will you be able to go to school tomorrow?" She asked.
 
"Yeah," I said.
 
"Alright," My mom said. She went toward her own room. I drifted off to sleep.
 

 
When I woke up, I felt kinda off. Everything felt dulled, like I was sick with a cold. My head hurt to, more than usual.
 
I noticed that everything looked sharper. That was weird.
 
I also smelled something delicious coming from the kitchen. I slid out of bed and looked at myself in my mirror.
 
"What the. . ?" I said, bewildered. I stared in wonder into my now bright gold eyes. Then I realized I must have finally caught the virus.
 
"Olivia!" My mom yelled from the kitchen. "Get out of bed!"
 
"I am!" I shouted back. I changed out of my current clothes and into fresh ones. When I walked into the kitchen, my mom noticed my eyes immediately.
 
"So you finally got it," She said.
 
"Yeah," I said. "And what is that? It smells delicious."
 
"Bacon," My mom said. She showed me the pan filled with sizzling strips of the stuff. "It's almost done."
 
"Yay," I said.
 
After a few minutes, the bacon was done and Blake came out of his room. We all ate our breakfast before getting ready to head to our schools.
 
My mom was the one who drove this time. She dropped Blake off first and then drove me to my school.
 
"I'll see you the next time I visit," I told her.
 
"Allright," My mother said. I walked onto the campus of Tial University. I headed toward my dorm room that I shared with my friends.
 
I had been staying on campus, but I had temporarily moved back to my house to help teach Blake how to drive. After my accident, though, I had decided to come back here.
 
I pulled out my key to my dorm and opened it. When I stepped inside, I saw my friend medusa, Violet, sitting on her bed and reading a book. She had dark brown skin and piercing green eyes. Instead of normal hair on her head, a cluster of snakes grew. Several of them looked up and saw me.
 
"Olivia!" She shouted, leaping off of her bed and giving me a hug.
 
"Hey, careful," I said.
 
"Oh, sorry," She apologized, stepping back.
 
"It's fine," I said. "Where's Kiku?"
 
"She's in the bathroom," Violet said. Just then, the sound of a toilet flushing came from the bathroom, followed by the sound of a sink. Then, my second roomate, Kiku, walked out of it. She had long black hair and red eyes. She stopped when she saw me.
 
"Liv!" She yelled. She ran forward and grabbed me in an embrace. Normally, her vampiric speed made her look like a blur when she did that, but now she appeared slower.
 
"Ow, ow," I said, wincing.
 
"Sorry!" She yelped. She stared into my eys and then gasped. "Your eyes!"
 
"What about her eyes?" Violet asked.
 
"They're golden," Kiku said.
 
Violet gasped. "So you got it!"
 
"Yeah," I said.
 
"That's cool," Kiku said. "What kind do you think you'll be?"
 
"Well, which ones have golden eyes?" I asked.
 
"A think Collorus Kitsune, Collorus Minotaur, and both kinds of Harpy," Violet answered.
 
"Definitely not the second one," Kiku said, giggling.
 
"Hey!" I said, indignant. I swatted at her.
 
"What?" She asked innocently. "I'm not wrong, am I?"
 
"Ok, whatever," I said. "I'm tired. I need to rest."
 
"Already?" Kiku asked sadly.
 
"Remember, changing takes a lot of energy," Violet said to her.
 
"Right, right," she said. I dropped my bags on the floor and flopped onto my bed, quickly falling asleep. I told myself I would unpack in the morning as I drifted into unconsciousness.
19