Kaya
352 9 18
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The following morning, the results were posted in the main hall of the school.

 
"At the very top, huh?" Kiku said. "Nice!"
 
"And we all made it into the top 10!" Lauren said. "Awesome!"
 
"And the three of you made it to the top 5," Violet said, indicating Kiku, Cinder, and me.
 
"Yeah. . ." I said.
 
"You're the second highest here at the school right now, I bet," Lauren said. "Cause I know the Director's 90-something."
 
"Not quite," The Director said, coming up behind us. "Third highest." I turned around to see my older sister, Kaya, standing next to the Director. Being an Angel, She had four wings sprouting from her back and glowing golden eyes. White feathers also peeked through her hair.
 
"Hi Kaya," I said, right before she pulled me into a hug.
 
"Ohmygosh you are so cute like this," She said. "I love it. How are you?"
 
"I'm fine," I said. "You?"
 
"Eh, just normal stuff," Kaya said. "There was a Pitch class Orix a few days ago that I had to take care of."
 
"Casually mentions defeating a Pitch class Orix," Lauren said, laughing a bit.
 
"And who are your friends, Olivia?" Kaya asked me.
 
"These are my friends Kiku, Violet, Lauren, and Cinder," I said. "Kiku and I are partners and Lauren, Violet, Kiku, and me all share a dorm."
 
"Nice to meet you," Kaya said. Then she turned to me with an added sparkle in her already glowing eyes. "I've been told that you have two Unique Magics like me. And that one of them is a Bite attack."
 
"Yeah. . ." I mumbled. "That's true."
 
"Very cool," Kaya said. "I want to see it." She turned to the Director. "Can you set us up a training room? Reinforced for me, of course."
 
"Yes," The Director said. She pulled out a tablet and tapped a few things on it. "Follow me."
 

 
When we got to the room and the doors sealed, Kaya released the full extent of her Aura. I immediately felt the raw power radiating from her body. She saw the expressions my friends were making and laughed.
 
"Never felt a 100% full release before?" She asked.
 
"No," Kiku answered.
 
"Well, now you have," Kaya said. "Now let's see all of your Unique Magics. Ascending percentage order, please."
 
Lauren went first. She swung her Psysword in a horizontal slash. The psychic extension to the blade, boosted by her echo rounds. It cleaved through the frontmost metal dummy and cut across the next two. Small pulses of energy diverged from the main wave and hit the three dummies that were a bit further behind. They became dented.
 
"Pretty good," Kaya said. The red light shone, clearing the damage.
 
Violet was next. She replicated what I had seen when she was first practicing her Unique Magic.
 
"That's an interesting attack," Kaya said. "What's it called?"
 
"Echoes of Sky," Violet answered.
 
"Hmm," Kaya said.
 
The third person to go was Kiku. She moved forward so fast that it looked more like teleporting. Each time she moved, she appeared in front of one of the dummies and blasted it to smithereens with her Shortblast. Then she reappeared right next to the rest of us, panting slightly.
 
"Nice," Kaya said. Kiku beamed.
 
Cinder was the last to go before me. She readied her Sharpstar, a weapon similar to a morning star. It was a short handle with a long chain that could retract into the rest of it to control its range.
 
Cinder positioned herself right behind one of the dummies. She then blasted forward, creating an explosion where she had started. She crashed through three other dummies, leaving a trail of fire behind her, and crashed into the other wall with another, bigger explosion. Then she turned and repeated the action twice more, clearing all of the dummies.
 
"Impressive," Kaya said. "That deserves the third place that it got."
 
"Thank you," Cinder said.
 
Then it was my turn. I held my Thinblade in my hand and took a deep breath.
 
I leaped forward and slashed. Just like before, the giant silhouette of a sharp-toothed jaw appeared and snapped closed on the dummy, instantly destroying it. Then my other Unique Magic, Icefire Eruption, activated. The blast of ice shot out, coating all nine of the remaining dummies in ice before pulverizing them.
 
"Hmm," Kaya said. "Can you do only one of them or does it automatically do both?" She asked.
 
"The first time, I didn't intentionally use both, but I think I can choose to do only one," I replied.
 
"Can you control the size of them?" Kaya asked.
 
"The mouth one, I think so, but the other one no," I said.
 
"Okay," Kaya said. "I can help with your training, then."
 
"Really?" I asked.
 
"Only until I have to leave again," Kaya answered. "I came here to visit you, Mom, and Blake."
 
"Okay, cool," I said.
 
"Can you show us your Unique Magic?" Lauren asked Kaya.
 
"Sure," She replied. "But you'll want to stand back." We backed up to the wall and watched.
 
Kaya's wings flared out to her sides. Then they moved forward before jerking backward, thrusting her forward. She moved forward at a speed that was just barely slow enough for me to see her move. When she came within a few feet of the first dummy, she opened her mouth.
 
A massive silhouette of a jaw, similar-looking to the one from my Unique Magic, but much bigger, appeared. The lower jaw was silver while the top was gold. When Kaya snapped her own mouth closed, the massive one did as well. It instantly destroyed all ten of the dummies and a decent part of the flooring cracked. Two massive pulses of magic were created, one stacked on top of the other. The top one was glowing bright gold, a sign of solar magic, and the bottom was glowing silver, a sign of lunar magic.
 
The shockwaves hit the walls and the whole room shook. Two lines of scorch marks ran along the walls where the magic had hit them. Our jaws practically hit the floor.
 
"And that," Kaya said with a smirk on her face as she took in our shocked expressions, "is the power of 100 percent."
 
I was feeling a bit extra creative today and decided to do another chapter.

18