Dark Angel
195 1 8
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.
Sorry for the big gap between chapters. I've been working a lot on writing my other, longest story, Woven World. I'll try to keep a better schedule for releasing chapters.

 

Author's Note:

This chapter is back to Olivia's POV.

 

The evening two days after the incident in the Outskirts, Kaya sent me a text.

 

Kaya: Guess what? You're an aunt now!

 

I replied, confused and intrigued.

 

Olivia: wtf do you mean?

Kaya: You remember that girl from two days ago?

Olivia: You adopted her didn't you?

Kaya: Yep!

Olivia: What's even up with her Aura?

Kaya: So, the scientists haven't entirely figured it out, but they've told me what they have so far

Kaya: She told us that she ended up being swallowed by an Orix

Kaya: Then in its throat, she grabbed onto a crystal thingy that was its life crystal or whatever

Kaya: Then she accidentally tore the crystal out and it made an explosion and then some of the Orix's life force mixed with her Aura

Olivia: that's interesting. . .

Olivia: When do I get to meet her?

Kaya: You can come in to see her today, I guess

Kaya: or tomorrow when I'm going to visit Mom and Blake

Olivia: ok

 

I sighed and fell backward onto my bed. I wouldn't have expected Kaya to do what she had done, but it didn't stick out from some of her other actions.

 

I also wondered how Alex, Kaya's boyfriend, would react. He was almost always calm and level-headed, and very few things caught him off guard.

 

"Watcha doing?" Kiku asked, poking her head into our room.

 

"Texting Kaya," I responded.

 

"Oh," Kiku said. "Well, we're going out for some partying. Wanna come?"

 

"Sure," I said. I slid out of bed and grabbed my sound dampeners from my bedstand. I clipped them into my ears as we went out the door before heading toward one of the bars in the area.

 

Inside, I was glad I grabbed my sound dampeners. Everything was extra loud, even with them on. I tilted my ears back in an attempt to lessen the noise further.

 

"Loud?" Lauren asked.

 

"Very," I answered. "If I weren't wearing sound dampeners I wouldn't even be able to be here."

 

"That kinda sucks," Violet said.

 

"It's not that bad," I said.

 

We spent the rest of the night partying and drinking. Cinder got extra drunk, so we had to bring her back. Or, really, Violet and Lauren did. Me and Kiku were walking side-by-side, holding hands.

 

Today had been a pretty good day. I went to bed pretty quickly after we got home.

 

This chapter's a bit of a filler, and kinda short cause I've been trying to get a better sleep schedule. Better stuff happens soon, I promise.

8