Chapter 54: Awakened
65 0 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

–Ward C, Infirmary - 11:00 AM –

In the Infirmary, Rodeo's eyes brightened once again and slowly regained consciousness with his vision sharpened to find himself in a bed with a large amount of bandages and ice bags wrapped around his body. 

"Brilliant," Rodeo muttered quietly as he turned his head to his right to see Amelia sitting on a chair and tenderly holding his right hand without realizing he was awake. 

"Amelia," he called out.

Startled, Amelia's gaze snapped up, her eyes wide in surprise as she realized Rodeo was awake.

"Hi," she greeted him, her voice thick with emotion.

With a warm smile spread across her face and accompanied by a few tears, she leaned in to give Rodeo a gentle hug, which he returned.

“We thought you were gone," she whispered through her sobs.

"...How long was I out?" Rodeo asked softly.

Amelia pulled back from the hug and answered, “You were... out for three hours. You weren't unconscious or showed any signs of sleep. You just didn't move.”

Rodeo nodded at Amelia, who left the room and soon returned with Collingwood, Green, Carlos, Evan, and Sophia.

"Hey, guys," Rodeo greeted.

Evan gave Rodeo an intense look from his spot in the room.

"Is something wrong, Evan?" Rodeo asked.

Evan’s stern expression softened as he cracked a smile and wiped away a few tears. "If you ever, and I mean ever, try to die in front of me again, I'll road rolla your goddamn face," he said with a half-laugh.

Rodeo chuckled. "No wonder you're a fan of Dio."

Evan laughed, and they exchanged a friendly fist bump.

"How long am I stuck in this bed?" Rodeo asked.

Collingwood answered, “You'll need to rest for two weeks for your wounds to heal. Unless we can request SCP-006 from the O5, but that's also a gamble.”

"Well, crap."

Sophia shook her head. “I cannot believe that Stand came all the way here to send a message by almost killing you.”

“When I'm gonna find Chilli pepper, I'm going to muda muda him to oblivion!” Evan swore as he cracked his knuckles in anger.

Green concurred, saying he couldn't agree more.

Carlos nods, also agreeing with Evan's point.

Rodeo shook his head, “Forget Chilli Pepper. The main problem is the Stand Arrow could be with his boss for all we know. Heck, the arrows could even be located all across the whole world. Who knows whether it's with good or bad Stand Users, or even with Human Stands.”

“I'm going to assume you have a plan?” Evan spoke those words in a direct tone.

"I do."

"And that is?"

“Call all the people that have become a Stand that are in Foundation custody here. It's time we meet them personally, because we're going to need all the help we can get. Chilli Pepper was right about one thing: things have changed, and the involvement of the Arrows raises the stakes. If any of them fall into an organization or entity's hand, especially the dangerous kind, we're gonna have really big problems soon.”

"Can't argue with that." Evan agreed.

Getting slightly more upright, Rodeo continued, “Amelia, go to Emma and ask her if she can talk to the other site directors if they can transfer the Stands here.”

"On it," Amelia replied.

“Guys, we are in dangerous times now. If we don't play our cards right and be prepared. We lose.”

The group nodded in agreement as Rodeo’s mind raced, contemplating on something.

'Let's hope we don't have to deal with other problems as well.'

—————————————————————

– Abandoned Warehouse, Somewhere in America - 12:00 PM –

After his little objective to the Foundation, Alvin reported to Spy how the entire message thing went and well, Spy’s response was curt.

"Congratulations. You're an idiot."

Alvin dropped his head and sigh, admitting himself that he had caused more trouble than intended.

“Well the moment has passed," Spy remarked, "Now we can only wait for Doctor Buck and the Foundation to make a mistake thanks to the panic you made, that's when we capture her, give her and the arrow to our client in exchange for the promised 12 million dollar payment, which I'll share with all of you.”

“Indeed. Hopefully, we won't have to handle any other problems.” Alvin added.

"Don't jinx it, mon ami." "Don't jinx it, mon ami," Spy warned with a sharp look.

—————————————————————

– Somewhere in Australia, 8:00 PM –

Inside an uncharted cave in the dangerous lands of Australia, a group of Chaos Insurgency operatives were using floodlightd and construction lamps to illuminate the surrounding darkness within a large space of the cave that is enough for a hundred people to fit, its high ceilings and rocky outcrops creating an imposing ambiance.

Last week, several agents of the Chaos Insurgency stumbled upon something strange within a cave miles away from any human settlements, thus the Chaos Insurgency immediately investigated it and potentially harness whatever they discovered before the SCP Foundation or any Groups of Interest learned of it.

At present, researchers busied themselves studying the strange statue embedded on the wall, seeking to unravel its mysteries and possibly utilize it in some way, while the armed units watched over the ongoing study, vigilant against any unforeseen threats.

It was until this moment when one of them suddenly noticed a small hole on the statue’s forehead, a detail that struck him as peculiar.

Was that always there?" the soldier asked, pointing at the odd feature.

His companion shrugged, equally puzzled. "Not sure. Haven't noticed it before." 

Behind them, a CI commander approached the two soldiers. "What are you two discussing about?"

The soldier pointed to the statue, drawing the commander's attention to the odd hole in the statue's forehead.

"I see. Get a ladder and inspect it more closely," the commander ordered.

"Yes, sir," the soldier replied, nodding before hurrying back. Within a minute, he returned with a ladder in his hand and positioned it next to the statue. The other soldier climbed up, flashlight in hand, and shone the light into the hole on the statue’s forehead.

"Anything unusual?" the commander asked.

"Nothing out of the ordinary," the soldier reported.

"Look closer," the commander insisted.

Upon a more careful inspection, the soldier felt a faint gust of wind emanating from the hole, which the puzzled CI soldier notes.

"What the hell?"

Just as he spoke, a sudden movement erupted from the hole. A sharp, drill-like horn burst out and struck the soldier in the head, killing him instantly. The shocking development left the researchers, militants, and commander in a state of stunned disbelief.

One of the researchers exclaimed with horror evident in his voice.

"It can't be! The statue has..."

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

"Awakened!"

~ JoJo'z Bizarre Adventure OST - Pillar Men Theme [Awaken] ~

With his eyes still shut, the Pillar Man simply tilted his head to the right, and in one swift motion, he sliced through five CI soldiers holding grenade launchers with his horn. The attack was lethal, killing them instantly and sending a wave of terror through the others.

“It went for the ones that it considered as a threat!” The Commander shouted, realizing this dangerous being's intentions.

As the Pillar Man retracted his horn, the hole in his forehead sealed shut. With effortless grace, he broke free from the wall with ease and slowly landed down on his feet, touching the cave floor with a soft thud.

This ancient being was none other than the Wind Pillar Man, Wamuu. 

Wamuu

Crack!

When Wamuu snapped his own neck, he opened his eyes. At first, his vision was a little fuzzy, but after a little while, it became clear as his first view was the members of the Chaos Insurgency standing before him.

“It appears the era has shifted once more. Your attire and weapons appear to be significantly more sophisticated than what I observed back in the second World War.”

“I-It speaks?! This thing has intelligence!!” The CI Commander surprisingly yelled, stepping back as sweat trickled down from his forehead.

Followed by the commander's words, Wamuu regarded him gravely, “But such things cannot stop a warrior such as me!”

Just a single and simple step of his foot, his figure suddenly moves and past every soldier in a motion of green blur that moves smoothly as the wind. To the utter surprise of all the soldiers, their hands were linked together.

As soon as the commander realized what happened, he cried out, "Our hands...!"

“Have joined!” his men echoed, their voices filled with disbelief.

The CI commander wore a terrified expression as he struggled with the urge to flee despite his hands being bound to one of his soldiers. Before he could make a move, Wamuu struck him with his index finger, piercing him in the forehead right away.

With a single thought, Wamuu absorbed the insides of the soldiers and the commander in one fell swoop, leaving them as lifeless husks on the cave floor.

After killing these pests, Wamuu noticed an unfamiliar insignia on the uniform of one of the deceased soldiers. It was the logo of the Chaos Insurgency, an organization he had yet to learn about.

"Hmmm," Wamuu hummed thoughtfully as he examined the insignia for a moment before turning away and heading towards the cave's exit. 

Upon stepping out of the cave, Wamuu was confronted by several dozen Chaos Insurgency soldiers, all pointing guns and explosive equipment at him. 

Although he was surrounded by dozens of heavily armed men, Wamuu didn't panic. Instead he simply raised his arms in their direction, which caused the soldiers to stare at him in confusion.

At that moment, his arms started spinning at terrifying speed as Wamuu uttered these two words. 

"Divine Sandstorm!"

Two massive tornadoes erupted from his arms and completely destroyed everything in its path, reaching the CI Soldiers that gave out panic and fearful looks. At the next instant, the tornadoes swallowed them whole, shredding them beyond recognition.

Following the massive bloodbath he had created, Wamuu stared up at the night sky, lost in thought.

'It seems fate has granted me a second chance,' he mused. 'If Lord Kars, Lord Esidisi, and Santana are here as well, I must find them. But first, I need to understand the changes that have occurred in this world before embarking on my search.'

~ Music Ends ~

As Wamuu ventured further from the cave, memories of his past began to resurface. He recalled the last thing that happened to him was that after the battle to the death with Joseph Joestar, and how he ultimately lost. Everything went dark after that, until he found himself in the cave, where fell back into a state of hibernation for reasons unknown.

"Joseph. Caesar. Our battles remain dear to my heart. But it seems like the fights I may have ahead of me will be more tougher and dangerous than the ones we had. I can feel it," Wamuu mused.

As he walked, he remained unaware of the world he now found himself in, a world filled with monsters straight from the depths of nightmares, capable of bringing about the end of the world in an instant.

With the Arrows and Stands involved, the stakes were higher than ever, and the situations were changing towards even greater and deadlier powers that would now start making their move. But what will be the outcome? Now that can only be decided by fate.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

Catacombs, Paris, France - 12:00 AM –

It was nighttime on the surface of the Underground Catacombs of Paris, and a humanoid with a blue helmet covering the upper half of his head was meandering through the illuminated labyrinth filled with millions of ghoulishly arranged skeletons on the walls. There were no tourists around and the guards were still in their stations, but he can avoid them with ease thanks to his ability.

This humanoid was…

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

Sticky Fingers. 

Sticky Fingers

Opening a zipper on a voluminous object which showed a dark space at the other end, Stick Fingers placed his hand into the dark space and brought out a gleaming golden arrow. He studied it for a moment, the weight of its significance clear in his eyes.

“I need to leave this place soon. I can't hide here forever, especially with the arrow involved.”

4