Chapter 67: Cerberus
38 0 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

In a dark alleyway in the middle of the city at midnight, Amelia was crying her heart out as she held the lifeless body of Green in her arms with her sobs echoing through the empty streets. Rodeo wept quietly beside her, while Miguel, though he had only met Green earlier that day, couldn't help but share their grief.

Miguel blamed himself for not taking the Stand Arrow when he had the chance, wondering if it could have prevented this tragedy.Β 

He clenched his fists and turned to Rodeo, asking, "What should we do now?"

Rodeo wiped his eyes and shook his head. "I... don't know, man. Even... if we try to contact the Foundation using Green's or Amelia's phone, there is a chance that Chilli Pepper might track us through the city's cell phone towers." He paused, his voice heavy with emotion. "It's risky."

Amelia wanted Green to wake up, but he had no pulse, and his heartbeat and breath had stopped entirely. As she cradled the man she had confessed her feelings to just that day, her heart shattered, refusing to accept the reality of his death. But she didn't want to give up on him yet. She wanted her loved one back.Β 

"Rodeo... Can you use Bites the Dust?"

Rodeo hesitated. "Okay, but who will be the thir-" His words were cut short as he, Amelia, and Miguel all sensed the temperature suddenly increased. Rodeo's immediate thought was that 'Ride Me to Hell' might be near, but he saw no one around.

Then, just as abruptly, the air grew cold.

Rodeo's confusion deepened. 'First hot, now cold. What's happening?' he wondered.

The unsettling shift in atmosphere puzzled the trio, but their attention soon returned to Green as they realized the change was emanating from him.

Miguel muttered, "Could he be-"

Before he could finish, Green's body became enveloped in electrical sparks. The surge of electricity shocked him back to life, jolting his heart into action as he gasped loudly.

"Cough! Cough! That hurts!"

Suddenly, Green was tackled into a heartfelt hug by Rodeo and Amelia, with Miguel joining in, relief and joy washing over them now that Green was alive.

"Can you explain to me what happened?" Green asked, looking around in confusion.

Amelia's eyes filled with tears of relief. "Green, you weren't breathing. Your heart had stopped... I thought we lost you." She managed a smile through her tears. "I'm just grateful you're alive. Don't ever leave me like that again."

Green hugged them back warmly. "I won't. Besides, I'm too stubborn to die," he quipped with a smirk.

Amelia chuckled. "Of course you are."

As the group broke apart, Green stood up from the ground and asked, "So, where's the Arrow?"

Rodeo shifted uneasily. "About that, well... Miguel?"

Miguel nodded and opened his mouth, allowing the Arrow to slide out before it quickly retracted back inside, his mouth closing shut.

"😐"

Miguel shrugged. "It was the only place I could think of since my mouth is meant to store arrows."

Green shook his head. "Of course... Why did I even bother asking?"

"Miguel," Rodeo called out, catching his attention.

"Yeah?"

"I need to talk to you," Rodeo began a conversation with Miguel about something important.

As they spoke, Amelia turned to Green with a look of concern evident in her face. "Green, do you feel different? After being struck by the Arrow?"

Green smiled reassuringly. "I'm still me, Amelia."

"But Green, your body was giving off heat, then cold, and you were electrocuted for no apparent reason. Now you're back."

Green's expression shifted to one of surprise. "That happened?"

"Yes, Green, I think you've become a Stand user."

"Really?"

"And now I'm worried the Foundation might label you as an SCP, lock you up, and experiment on you, and-" Amelia's worry started to consume her, but she was interrupted when Green pulled her into a kiss. Though startled, she soon returned the kiss, momentarily finding solace in their embrace.

After breaking away from the kiss, Green reassured Amelia with a smile. "Amelia, I'll be fine. Even if they did, you'd get to visit me for daily interviews and ask me questions, just like you do with every SCP." he said with a lighthearted tone, providing her some comfort.

"You always know how to lighten the mood."

"Well, it's because I'm good at it."

As they shared a brief moment of levity, Rodeo and Miguel approached them.

"Here's our plan," Rodeo began. "We can't go back to the park to get Green's car since the enemy knows that's the last place where we might go. Instead, we'll hotwire a random car and leave the city with the Arrow, heading back to Site-19."

"It seems simple enough," Amelia agreed.

"Yes, but we face a challenge," Rodeo continued. "While Miguel and I understand how Hanged Man, Chilli Pepper, Silver Chariot, and Ride Me to Hell operate, we still don't know how the man in the bird mask and the guy with the Mohawk's Stands work. They can still be a threat."

Green began to piece things together. "But the bird boy pulled out weapons from his top hat, along with the Arrow. Which means..."

"That hat most likely stores items and weapons in some sort of pocket dimension, and can pull them out whenever he wants," Miguel concluded, "But that's the only thing we know about his Stand. There might be more to it."

"Agreed," Rodeo added. "At the moment, we can only confirm that his top hat is part of his Stand's abilities, along with the ability to fly." He then turned to Green. "Also, Green..."

"Yes?"

"I'm going to punch you in the face now."

"What?" Green blinked, taken aback.

Before Green or anyone could understand what he meant, Rodeo's fist shot toward his face. But in an instant, a muscular arm appeared behind Green, catching the fist just in time. Miguel was able to see the arm, but Amelia couldn't.

In a flash, the muscular arm punches Rodeo so fast that Rodeo almost had a hard time to trace, sending him flying through the air and crashing into a pile of trash cans.

"Rodeo!" Amelia cried out in concern.

"Este poder!" Miguel exclaimed in disbelief.

Rodeo groaned as he picked himself up from the wreckage, wincing. "Ouch, no wonder you didn't die, because whatever that thing is, it must have jumped into your heart," he chuckled, even as pain etched across his face.

"What thing?" Green asked, bewildered.

Rodeo pointed behind Green. Amelia, Green, and Miguel turned around. While Amelia saw nothing, Green and Miguel stared in shock.

"Oh my god," Green muttered, his gaze fixed on the astonishing sight.

Standing before them was a striking, muscular humanoid figure the same height as Green, yet with distinct features that set it apart. Its entire body was draped in gray fur, and it wore a dark green Greek-style loincloth around its waist. Golden wide-cuff bracelets adorned its wrists and ankles, each marked with a red omega symbol.

The creature's most astonishing feature was its three wolf heads, each exuding a different colored eye glow. The first wolf head glowed red, the second blue, and the third yellow. All three heads were covered in the same gray fur as the creature's body.

This was Green's Stand.

"What in god's name am I looking at?" Green asked, his eyes wide with shock and confusion as he stared at the three-headed wolf Stand before him.

Rodeo, ignoring his own injury, got up from the ground and answered plainly, "That is your Stand. It's the physical manifestation of your soul or fighting spirit. It's bound to you and only you. Since it nearly broke my jawline, it must be quite powerful."

The Stand floated towards Miguel, its three wolf heads staring at him menacingly and Miguel found him very intimidating.

"Can someone tell me what's happening?" Amelia asked, feeling lost.

The Stand shifted effortlessly towards Amelia within a millisecond. Though she couldn't see it, as she wasn't a Stand user, she felt a sudden presence. The Stand watched her with curiosity until Green shouted at it.

"Hey! Keep your distance!" Green ordered.

The Stand turned to face its user and obeyed, backing away from Amelia.

"It listened," Green murmured, astonished.

Miguel spoke up, "For the love of God, it's your Stand, man. Of course it listened, and it also a part of your soul, so it responds to your commands and feels what you feel."

Rodeo added, "And remember, only Stands can harm other Stands."

Green glanced at Rodeo and Miguel. "Can you two harm it?"

Rodeo nodded. "Yes, we can."

"Rodeo, explanation. Now." Amelia interrupted them, demanding an explanation.

Rodeo kept it simple. "Green's got a Stand."

"Oh, so he has a Stand now," Amelia acknowledged, catching up.

"Very much so," Rodeo confirmed.

"All because of that Arrow," Miguel added.

Amelia nodded. "I see, but we’re still being hunted. Remember?"

"Oh yeah! I nearly forgot, we need to leave now. Green, call your Stand back."

"Come back," Green commanded.

As soon as he spoke, the Stand vanished from sight.

Green sighed. "Looks like I need to get used to this."

Rodeo chuckled. "You'll adapt. In the meantime, I've got the perfect name for your Stand, and you’ll keep it for a long time."

Green raised an eyebrow. "What should I call it?"

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

"Cerberus."

β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”

On top of a cell tower in the city, Alvin stood vigilant, waiting for Green or Amelia to make a call so he could use his electricity powers to track them through the tower. So far, nothing has happened.

"They must know I'm in control of the tower and are keeping themselves hidden. Just perfect," Alvin muttered.

"Yo, Alvin."

Alvin glanced down to see the young African man with a Mohawk haircut. He jumped off the cell tower and landed gracefully beside the man.

"What is it, Josh?"

"I think I spotted the four not far from our location. I've already informed Jack and the others, but it seems like Jack's the only one who can reach us for now."

"Okay, let's wait for Jack or-"

Josh's phone started buzzing, interrupting Alvin. He picked it up. "Hello?"

[Hey kid, my Stand is out there. Follow the hoof marks, and they'll lead you straight to Dr. Buck and the Arrow. I'm still finding it hard to believe they got their hands on it. Anyway, just follow the marks.]

The call ended abruptly.

Alvin turned to Josh with a serious expression. "What did he say about the Arrow?"

"Our opponents have it," Josh replied.

"Great. If we can't retrieve them both, we're not gonna get paid. Let's move," Alvin ordered.

Josh nodded in agreement, and they began making their way toward their targets.

4