Chapter 37: A candidate for Santa?
208 0 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Spiritual power spread from his soul towards Priscilla. That illusory and mechanical voice; which she honestly was already a little tired of hearing every time, it resonated once again in her mind after using [Psychometry]. 

[Classifying the information obtained from the flow….]

[Classification completed]

[Character Type: Extra]

[Character name: Priscilla Navi (40 years old)]

[True Name: Avarus Fairy (Given by Mother Earth)

[Species: Human (Variant Race - Arcantus <Mharpabas>)]

[Variant Configuration: A race of humans whose ancestors were mutated by the influence of demonic insect genes that were introduced into their bodies during the 'Dimensional Crises'. This particular sub-race of Arcantus, the Mharpabas, have the ability to fly thanks to their wings that are magically enhanced with their Ether in a similar but different way to demonic beasts. Racial characteristics that in the past made them targets of unscrupulous magicians and alchemists, and even today one hears stories of Mharpabas falling victims to poor alchemists who are unable to pay for raw materials from demonic beasts, losing their wings and, in most cases, their lives]

[Character Title: The Woman Favored by the Goddesses (Venerable), The Blessed by the Goddess Lusticia (Respectable), The Blessed by the Goddess Hestia (Respectable), The Blessed by the Goddess Aphrodite (Respectable), Candidate for Saint (Respectable) ), The reincarnation of the Holy Mother of Madarhem (Venerable), the gentle guide of children (Respectable), Accused innocent [General], Alleged sexual abuser of minors (General)]

[Soul grade: low]

[Profession: None. Rank: 0 (Rank 4 Hidden Spiritual Potential)]

[Magic concept: None]

[Talents: Divine Medium]

[Character Stats: Intelligence: B | Strength: E+ | Resistance: E+ | Spirit: B | Magic: B+| Martial power: F| Charm: A+| Luck: A+]

[Technical skills: Child Care (Expert), Adorable Look (Expert), Writer (General), Cook (Expert) Cleaner (Expert) Painter (Expert)]

[Soul Attribute (Innate): Life]

[Divine Protections: Blessing of Home and Family (Hestia) Divine Blessing of Future Justice (Lusticia), Blessing of Charm (Aphrodite)]

[Methods of attack: Pats, Pityful look, jokes]

[Character's relevance to the overall world plot: Relatively Important]

Arisella's eyes widened upon hearing the ridiculous data obtained by [Psychometry]. Her mind began to operate at full speed to try to understand him.

What is this? [True Name]? The one favored by the goddesses of justice, home and beauty? [Santa Candidate] and…Rank 4 Spiritual Potential!? Eh!?

What the fuck!? This woman has surpassed John Wick by a wide margin, folks!

Doesn't this mean that Priscilla could become a Fourth Rank just by waking up!? 

The very idea made him shudder with disbelief.

Although he also encountered other individuals with some latent spiritual potential, none achieved the same as John Wick, which was to awaken beyond the First Rank. 

But, a potential Rank 4...Perhaps, Priscilla will be next with such an unprecedented awakening...

Also, Reincarnation of the Holy Mother? What the hell is up with this title? Did Madarhem ever have anything like a Holy Mother? Although it's not like she knows her whole story to speak, but...

No, leaving that aside...What's up with a character like this? How the hell did Priscilla get the attention of not one, but three goddesses of Olympus?

And…Alleged sexual abuser of minors? Is she really accused of such a crime...?

Arisella glanced sideways at Priscilla, who blinked tenderly while gently waving his antennae, and placed a hand on his chin as he fell back into 'deep thought'.

....Is this innocent little creature who looks like he couldn't kill a fly, abusing little children? There was no way such a beautiful and adorable girl would do something like that!

Furthermore, putting aside her appearance, there is no way that the Goddess Lusticia would favor someone who commits a crime like that, much less the Goddess Hestia, so it must be a lie to destroy her, or something... Especially with the title [ Accused Innocent], that says it all.....

No, leaving that aside, a [True Name] given by the will of the world itself (Mother Earth), the divine protections of Lusticia, Aphrodite and Hestia, the innate attribute of life that would not even appear in a century in a any professional, much less a normal human, and the incredibly rare talent of Divine Medium? Eh? This is real?

What's wrong with you, Priscilla-san? Because you seem like a character destined to be a Saint adored by everyone? No...what am I thinking? You are now a Holy Candidate!

Eh? But... Don't Mharpabas have demonic genes? Isn't your [True Name] Avarus Fairy ¹ ? What's up with that?

Eh? Wait... How come I can see your [True Name] name in the first place?

Is my current spiritual power enough for [Psychometry] to do this? I never read about that!

Arisella's thoughts became a jumble as they became more complicated.

Leaving aside the terrible accusations against her, it was simply incredible that all those good things were gathered in one individual and, if it weren't for her 'recruitment campaign', Priscilla probably would never have discovered her divine gifts; her dying miserably during the demonic beast invasion... (If Arisella allowed it to happen anyway).

Fortunately (?), they found each other thanks to this incident, allowing Arisella to discover her before anything happened to her. It is worth saying that so many powerful Titles, high statistics; along with a rare attribute and talent, are things that only a fool would ignore. After all, she would be of great help in the future...

Even more so with his terrifying potential, having been granted a [True Name] and having several [Divine Protections].

In this world, [True Names] were important to beings attuned to Magic, especially Divine Beings, Magical Beasts, and Demons. These [True Names] would have no trivial effect on his destiny and abilities. 

The same was true of titles, especially those titles bestowed by gods, the world itself, or through the worship of mortals. A title given by a God or something with similar abilities can be very powerful.

Although, there are also titles that are acquired by fulfilling certain conditions or achievements, such as [Candidate for Saint]; which is obtained by receiving divine protection from several gods. These do not even need the knowledge of the individual or other people to be acquired.

Of course, [True Names] were more important than Titles, as they reflected the true essence of an individual. According to what the gods and transcendent beings interpret your being with their [Divine Eyes] anyway.

Normal mortals could give names and titles almost without consequence (It doesn't mean they don't exist). However, existences not limited by fate like Arisella and transcendent beings like the Red Dragon Empress could affect the very causality of existence with ease.

If either of them decided to give John Wick the title of future legendary hero and started spreading it as if it were a fact, along with people's beliefs, praise and adoration, he could become one when no one was looking.

That's how ridiculous True Names and Titles are.

However, since the Mharpabas were members of the human species, Arisella did not understand why a transcendent being like Mother Earth would give such a [True Name] to Priscilla, since she did not see how much of an effect a [True Name] could have on her. .

....Unless of course, this sub-race of Arcantus is naturally in tune with Magic. It's not something she would have set up, but even though she wrote the novel, she didn't really create this world, so anything is possible.

Especially if you consider that the Mharpabas are 'descendants' of some insectoid life form that comes from the Hell dimension, and the Demonic Beasts; even the weak ones with little negative energy, had a great affinity with Magic compared to the so-called 'Magical Beasts'.

Additionally, Priscilla had a high 'Magic' stat, which reminded her that the stat itself had nothing to do with the amount of Aether possessed by a living being, but rather its natural ability to use any form of Magic.

With that said....

"There is something wrong?" Priscilla's voice suddenly interrupted those thoughts as she looked nervously at Arisella, who had remained silent with a serious expression for a good few seconds.

She felt restless. Was there something wrong with her? Or did the prophetess somehow find out about that unpleasant matter with her power...?

Will he look at her like a criminal? Although she didn't do anything wrong...

If prophetesses could look into the past, Priscilla thought that of course, she should know that she never did such a thing. It was what she said she was right about, but she couldn't help but feel worried and anxious.

"Mmn? Ah, it's nothing. I was simply thinking about how to proceed next...with all this." Unable to contain it, Arisella waved her hands back and forth in front of the Arcantus as if trying to draw the outline of an invisible container in which Priscilla was trapped.

Understanding more or less what she meant, Priscilla sighed somewhat in relief before looking at her with her pretty silver eyes, confused and bewildered. "How so?"

"Well... Priscilla, I'll be direct with you... you have an enormous talent for a cleric, an incredible and rare one that you wouldn't see in a hundred years."

Having no reason to hide that part, Arisella told him with a strange look. You'd never expect to see a [Santa Candidate] in a place like this, right? Although she couldn't say that part right now.

"Huh? Talent to be a Cleric!?" Priscilla looked at her with eyes full of surprise...before saying hesitantly at the end "....Does that exist?"

No wonder he felt doubts. Firstly, it was common knowledge that you can only be a Cleric if you possess a high faith in the gods, as well as some divine protection from one of them that facilitates a connection with them.

That was so, that even if a Noble tried to wake up a random person like a Cleric, he would most likely fail miserably; losing spiritual power for nothing.

It certainly wasn't a question of talent. 

And again, she also couldn't carelessly tell her that she has the potential of a Saint. That's because, although everyone knew that the Saints used the power of all the Olympian gods, no one, apart from the Great Temple and some important figures, knew about [Saint Candidates].

Because of that, everyone assumed that Saints became Saints by some great decision from the heavens, instead of the gods bestowing all their blessings on a whim on a single woman.

Besides...There was never a Saint among the demihumans! 

It seemed questionable enough just telling her that she has talent as a cleric... calling her a future Saint?

It would sound so crazy to her, like suddenly saying to a modern, atheist man something as absurd as "Hey, you have an Innate talent for talking to God, you can become the next Pope...". 

Arisella could already imagine the eyes everyone they would question her sanity would give her if she carelessly opened her mouth...

The only reason Priscilla didn't respond more doubtful to his "nonsense" about having cleric talent is because it's hard not to trust the word of a Prophetess who is helping them so much.

But still...Being a clergyman is a matter of faith!

It's just common sense... That nonsense about a Cleric's talent? For Priscilla, it would probably be better if Arisella said something that made sense.

And in truth, they normally wouldn't be wrong.

However, what the common people of the Empire did not know was the existence of 'Divine Mediums' who could easily establish a Soul Path with the gods, even if their faith was practically non-existent; as long as they had divine protection from one of these.

It was similar to how the shamans of the East with spiritual medium talents contacted the nature spirits that favored them and gave them their blessings and powers.

The reason why no one among the population knew about this was because the Great Temple hid it tightly for fear that the prestige of Divine Magic would diminish if it were known that there are people who can access it even without being devotees. of the gods.

Those who were divine mediums were either forced to become part of the Great Temple or were immediately killed if they refused. There were no other options.

I mean, although the power comes from literal gods, it's not much different than those shamans or Nox who borrow power from spirits since as long as they like you, the gods don't give a shit about the faith of the Divine Mediums, they will provide them its sacred power.

That fact alone would greatly diminish the sacred status of this form of magic...

"That's what I could see... Even more surprising; you have several divine protections, so being a soldier may not be your thing, Priscillia. If I'm honest... a cleric will also be useful for our survival, so I would like you to wake up as one, if possible."

Thinking about it, it was really fortunate that they had someone with clerical talent; since relying on Lucelle to heal wounds would sooner or later use up all of her healing potions, after all.

That she would focus on specializing in Divine Magic would help everyone a lot.

"I...I see...." Priscilla became visibly discouraged at the thought as her shoulders and even her antennae drooped somewhat in disappointment.

"Huh? What's wrong?"

Do you hate the idea of ​​being a clergyman, or did you want to be a soldier that much? 

Also, didn't I mention that you have several divine protections? The goddesses could find your nonchalant attitude offensive, you know?

"N-nothing..." The 'fairy' put on a forced smile as she responded, "it's just that I had already gathered the determination to be a soldier to protect the children in danger within this place, so this is a little different than what I expected..."

Besides, I'm not that religious of a person...  Priscilla kept that thought to herself.

"Oh..."

To think that she wanted to be a soldier just so she could protect the children...what a good person. 

Arisella became even more certain that someone like her was no danger to the children's chastity. She didn't know who the bastards were who accused her of such a heinous crime, but she really wanted to punish them personally.

Especially because...

How can they do something so cruel to such a sweet, adorable and good person!?

For Arisella who liked pretty things, it was incomprehensible.

Priscilla was like a girl of thirteen or fourteen with beautiful emerald hair tied in a twin tail, revealing her beautiful white nape. She was about 145 cm tall, more or less, and her  body was covered in a blue babydoll dress. 

However, even so, it was quite obvious that her body had curves where it mattered most: supple thighs and a strong butt. You can say that her husband is a lucky man.

How could a person be hostile to this little beauty?

Arisella, who surprisingly forgot that she herself is a little beauty, looked with sad eyes at Priscilla, making her tilt her head tenderly in confusion as if asking "Huh?", and she swore internally that those bad guys would have their punishment under their hand. .

I swear on her name as Arisella Bluen!

Composing herself after reaching that determination, Arisella coughed and asked with a serious expression, "Very well, Priscilla... Would you please agree to be a cleric? One's sacred abilities would be of great help to us... but if you don't want to, still i can turn you into a soldier"

Honestly, becoming a soldier while having the 'divine medium' talent would still allow you to use Divine Magic with some effort, but that would block the doors for a new Saint to be born due to various reasons, such as the ability to gain favor from other gods. ....(Ares maybe wouldn't be a problem, though)

That would honestly be very bad for several reasons...However, Arisella still wanted to respect his will.

Although...It would be a shame if he still decides to be a soldier!

Priscilla lowered her head for a few seconds, closing her eyes in silent contemplation. Then, having come to a conclusion, he opened his eyes and stared at Arisella with determination.

The Avarus Fairy's pretty silver eyes looked into the prophetess' beautiful brown eyes as she said with seriousness in her tender voice.

"I agree be a cleric, Lady Bluen..."

"...Can you tell me why?"

"Because if I have access to divine magic, I can heal any injured children, right? And although I really don't want that to happen, it would hurt me more if I lack the skills to save them from death because of a bad choice of mine." Priscilla's expression was bitter just imagining it.

In this dungeon full of monsters, no child was absolutely safe. And Arisella couldn't and didn't want to imagine how many of them could have died while they were talking.

That she would base her current choices not on her survival, but on nothing more than the well-being of the children was quite admirable, at least to Arisella. He didn't understand even more why Mother Earth would give him such a [True Name] with that personality.

Anyway, I'm glad he chose to be a cleric instead of a soldier.

"That's good, then..." 

Nodding her head, Arisella closed her eyes with a small smile and extended her right hand to Priscilla, sending her power to wake her up once and for all.

And then....a bright golden light filled the entire cave in an instant. He was accompanied with a feeling of pure life force and sacred breath...

Author's Note

I'll try to write shorter chapters about this... just because, or maybe because I'm lazy~

¹ Greedy Fairy in Latin.

4