Chapter 45: Perverse deals
207 0 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"What does this all mean!?"

He screamed in disbelief and a hint of desperation from the kneeling Kaiter that seemed like it could be heard throughout the cliffs of Madarhem as he and the soldiers stared in horror at the scene before them.

Their shock was beyond words, because not only had they never seen anything like it, but whatever it was...had taken the place of their beloved fortress city in its entirety.

After escaping the sudden ambush of the Witches, everyone was fortunately able to finally march towards Monte Cartus again without obstacles. This time with more haste, since the ambush was a sign that something bad was happening.

The Duke was particularly impatient, and if it weren't for Ershas' insistent persuasion not to waste his newly recovered spiritual power, Astrian would probably have flown straight into the city to look for his wife. (By the way, Alica and Selena were also convinced that Astrian is the Duke's and they almost prostrated themselves out of fear, which made it quite uncomfortable).

Finally, everyone reached the high wall that prevented visitors from entering when they were suddenly accosted by panicked guards and taken up the wall. Despite their worries, everyone tried to remain calm as they climbed to the top.

Of course, Any sign of composure one wanted to maintain would naturally collapse upon seeing the images of the large dome of purple mist surrounding what was once the home of countless demihumans, scene that you can see even faintly just by standing at the top of the pass towards Monte Cartus.

The soldiers exclaimed wildly as they saw their home in an incomprehensible state, the Grand Elder looked like he wanted to tear out his hair at what looked like the destruction of his 'little kingdom', Ershas and the two Clerics just stared in disbelief at this mysterious disaster, and As for Astrian….

–––With a pale and gloomy expression and an aura full of murderous intent, the Duke without hesitation made his divine power flow and once again formed the mystical wings that allowed him to arrive in the middle of the Madarhem war, jumping with force that broke a little the ground and flying quickly towards the Dome.

“This fool!” Ershas growled and prepared to follow him, but Selena stopped him. "What's happening?"

“Take us with you” The black-haired girl's tone was one that wouldn't take no for an answer while Alica nodded with a serious face, and Ershas knew where they were coming from. His beloved 'daughter' was trapped in whatever that dome was, and she was currently under unknown danger.

There was no way they would stay still.

Ershas wanted to refuse, but quickly remembered that both of them could also use something similar to what Astrian used to reach the Dome even if he didn't want to be followed. The problem is that being Fourth Rank professionals, using the same method would cause them to lose a lot of spiritual power, which would be fatal.

Nodding his head bitterly, Ershas took the two women by the waist while the three with the most serious faces in the world (Ignoring that the image was quite inappropriate) left propelled by the power of Qi towards the Dome.

…As they marched toward the Dome, none of the four knew who, or 'what', they would face.


♦♦♦♦


“This thing is really interesting,” a man muttered shortly after suddenly appearing on top of a frozen peak while looking at the large dome in the distance with a fake smile all over his face. Behind him, 10 men also appeared and looked at him as if waiting for orders.

They all wore a white hooded robe that had various red circuit-like patterns, only vaguely revealing their faces and hands.

Under the hood of the man who spoke to himself, if you looked closely, you could see a rather attractive but extremely pale face, like that of a dead person, which gave a strange feeling to those who looked at it; the so-called 'Valley of the Uncanny'.

His blue eyes seemed to glow with electronic light, quite beautiful, but unnatural. Faintly, traces of lines could be seen on his seemingly flawless skin along one of his limbs, and looking at him gave you the surreal idea that he was something trying to imitate humans.

He kept staring at the dome, with his glowing eyes that seemed to have rays of white light flowing within them.

“I wonder about that…” Another voice rang out, responding to the artificial-looking man. The light and air around him distorted as the shape of a horned man wearing an aristocratic suit appeared. His red eyes looked indifferently towards the Dome as he held an elegant cane.

"More than interesting, it's even more disturbing that a thing like you'

“Mephistopheles….You're messing with my sensory systems again” The 'artificial' man said quietly with a smile; not seeming to reproach anyone even with those words, to which the demon called Mephistopheles responded at first with a shrug of his shoulders.

“It's good to have skills that allow you to manipulate information, right? They make it possible to talk to a moving pile of steel like you without me having to actually manifest myself, which is convenient.” The Great Demon responded as if nothing had happened and turned his emotionless gaze to the hooded man, saying in a monotone voice, “My servants perhaps They didn't do the best job, but as you requested, they delayed the arrival of the Monte Cartus army long enough for your investigation. I hope you keep your part of the deal.”

“Of course.” The supposed human-shaped mass of steel closed his eyes as he responded, his tone with more emotion than the apparent demon he was speaking to. “As with our deal, I will not interfere with your species' plans regarding the crown prince. You can make the madman make a mess in the north as much as he wants; as long as I did not threaten the survival of all humanity as a whole…”

“Wonderful” A smile formed on the demon's face, before finally disappearing as a mere illusion as he left his last words, “As for that, it's not a problem; Humanity is important to us demons after all…”

The man just closed his eyes upon hearing that.

Detecting that they were no longer interfering with his optical and auditory systems while he looked again in the direction where the demon was, the hooded man still did not lower his defenses against any hacking that the entity from hell could perform against him, while at the same time at the same time stealth drones with the most advanced optical camouflage in the federation; invisible to ordinary humans although not to him, they flew gracefully in the air around the mysterious “structure” collecting information, transmitting data in real time to him.

It's a really interesting phenomenon. This is how the hooded automaton 'thought' it in terms of the data read and quickly analyzed. He was already preparing for the next step of investigation, and gave an order to the adepts behind him, who activated a type of camouflage, jumped onto the bridge connected to the high wall, and ran with superhuman ability towards the Dome while he stayed behind. .

The Temple of Prometheus is not done with Madarhem yet for one simple reason...

The moment the large dome that now covers what used to be Mount Cartus appeared, Prometheus immediately ordered the adepts serving him to immediately go to the area with their teams for immediate analysis.

Prometheus was interested in this never-before-seen phenomenon because, firstly, it was his duty to understand the phenomena of the universe for the advancement of technology and, secondly, also to discover the potential threat to the survival of humanity that it represents. .

Although Prometheus was the one who ordered the activation of the Dimensional Gate, he did so under the premise that just one gate would not cause a new dimensional crisis since on earth, the crisis was manageable to a certain extent due to only two dimensional gates being activated. at that time.

In addition to the fact that the one that activated was just a prototype with a major failure in its energy system.

As such, Prometheus calculated that the dimensional rift it would cause itself would be too insignificant in scale, and anything that came out of it could be easily handled by Rank 6 and 5 humans if they even had that level of threat in the first place.

But the purple mist was completely unexpected, and even more interesting, it stopped to form a dome that covered the entire fortress city. Furthermore, according to the adepts who were hiding on the outskirts of Monte Cartus when it appeared, a weak and illogical idea manifested in them of wanting to approach the Dome and explore its interior; something that would clearly be ignoring any sense of caution in the face of such a strange phenomenon, which is intriguing.

It was like a kind of very weak mental manipulation...but no anomalous energy typically used by professionals was detected, nor any electromagnetic signals that could cause such manipulation. Perhaps, it was the elusive spiritual energy that he could not yet detect or use…

Although that was pretty irrelevant at the moment.

Based on its analysis of data collected through causality transducers carried by drones, Prometheus deduced that the 'dome' is a phenomenon caused by a decay due to the paradox of chance itself; manifest of the propagation of the instability effect in the time-spatial junction between two different planes with a significant difference in the causality vector.

This should cause the internal physical and chemical process of a living organism to proceed erratically due to uncertainty in the quantum state, as the internal causality vector would go in different conflicting and separate directions.

Such a thing should be deadly since living beings, according to his calculations, would gradually begin to die after contact with the purple mist that created the dome. As such, Prometheus concluded that the population of Madarhem was potentially dead...unless whatever caused the phenomenon kept them alive somehow in their internal environment.

Perhaps, this condition could be restored by reconciling the causality vector in the same direction through the use of something like Space-Time Magic.

Which was not unlikely.

Before the purple mist appeared, during the small dimensional rift, the adepts infiltrating Monte Cartus sent data about a weak magiton wave that spread from the rift itself. Based on that data, Prometheus concluded that an intelligence with some type of magiton technology (Magical Artifact) created the dome with a purpose in mind, possibly using magiton waves to determine the size of the area by some method.

After all, there was no information in their database about something similar occurring during dimensional crises. So it was only logical that the cause was not the rupture itself, but some type of entity or technology capable of manipulating the very fabric of space-time that comes from the other side.

Would the interior then be some kind of separate space-time with a flow other than chaos? What is its purpose, and how was it created without detecting a large flow of magitons or psions in the surrounding environment?

To resolve this issue, it was decided to send some adepts with minimal equipment for scientific analysis inside the Dome. The technology they had in hand, although advanced, was not sufficient for such important field work, but they had to be cautious in not attracting the hostility of any extradimensional entity that was causing the phenomenon through tools that could be perceived as threats.

After all, it was better to gather information from the enemy rather than attack blindly as long as he stays in one place for now. Fortunately, the adepts sent for this mission were not only predictable, but also had extensive knowledge about space-time, quantum physics and quantum biology, scientific disciplines that will be necessary for a deep analysis of the phenomenon and its effects. rudimentary

The most devoted and contributing Prometheus adepts could easily learn this knowledge from the Age of Humanity using neural knowledge transmission devices created with the help of SAT and connected to their “God”.

Although this amazing technology was limited to adults since children and teenagers would suffer some brain damage when using it, it was not a problem since the vast majority of high-ranking adepts were adults anyway.

“….Oh? That doesn't look good..."

Suddenly, the group of 10 Prometheus Temple adepts who marched on their 'Holy Mission' experienced a sudden major failure in their optical camouflage suits and were observed by the wall guards. something that would imply an obstacle for them.

In reality, it wouldn't be so important to be spotted now given the distance...if they were just ordinary soldiers, but they knew that the powerful professionals in the place could go after them and capture them to try to obtain information, which would affect their mission.

That was confirmed for them when they saw 'something' flying at high speed in their direction.

“It's that damn heretic…!”

“It's coming this way, let's go faster!”

Screams spread among the group of followers who were affected by the emotion of anxiety.

The situation had them tense as they quickly marched towards the Dome, some even looking back at the trail of light approaching them with angry but fearful eyes.

They knew that this person who moved like an airplane was the ruler of the north himself, a powerful Rank 5 secret from the common public, and they feared that they would not arrive in time before ending up facing him. (Of course, they had no idea that he would probably ignore them….)

But that wasn't really a problem…After all, these were being watched by an 'Avatar' of the Machine God Prometheus had been among them without them knowing.

He, who did not want any variables to interfere with his research, would confront the Duke of the North himself for the sake of knowledge for the future.


♦♦♦


Finally, the old man Terario woke up from his sweet restful sleep (Lol) and after a scream full of fear, he was initially very confused as he was surrounded by [Soldiers] and human women, instead of his small hiding place where he lay wounded and desperate. .

He also began to look around agitatedly, as if looking for the child he had had at his side.

However, when he saw Armán, any caution, confusion and discomfort he had disappeared, his eyes shone slightly with a strange enthusiasm and then some tears formed in them; which was honestly disgusting.

“Arman! My friend! It's good that you are here! You have no idea how bad things happened!” John Miller practically approached Armán with the attitude of a girlfriend complaining about a bad experience, which sent a shiver down everyone's spine while her red cheeks and smile It was frighteningly fatal to their ocular organs.

My eyes….! (All male soldiers, including John Wick, and Maximilian)

No way….Is this weird/damn slave/person a homosexual? (Lucelle, Priscilla, the female soldier and Amelia)

Damn…now I understand why he approached Armán…He was going for his ass! (Arisella)

Not only Arisella, but everyone else came to that same conclusion. However, it seemed that Armán himself did not notice it, since he only clenched his fists in the anger he felt for the man. With veins on his forehead and a terrifying aura, Armán restrained himself and spoke in a grumpy voice “I see…Are you okay?”

“Oh, now that you mention it! He was hurt… But am I okay now? Hey? Did Miss Clériga cure me? Ah, where is Elian! My little boy..!“ Not at all noticing the deadly eyes of his 'friend', John Miller's eyes were filled with tears of concern as he searched for who could only be the child he cared for in his most dangerous moments, and when he was alive and well, he sighed in relief and looked at him with loving

Not only was it absolutely creepy, but everyone suddenly felt that this 'thing' was a threat in many ways, especially to men and boys.

Lucelle's pretty eyebrows trembled as she grimaced at the possibility that popped into her head.

T-this bastard is not only a homosexual with an affection for muscular Russian men, but also a lust for little boys? Should he poison him!? I should poison him right!?

I had never wanted to poison someone as much as I did now. She felt that she had to free the world from a plague.

Change your name, you fucking trash!

Amelia had her eyes sharp as she watched one of John Miller's movements, instinctively preparing for any 'attack' he might make on the poor black-haired creature while forgetting that her mistress had some control over him.

I have no real appreciation for John Asher….but at this point, you should get rid of that name. It's simply disgusting that such a thing has the same name as my lady's current lover... Spike!

As for Priscilla, her forehead had a throbbing vein and her body shook with the greatest disgust she had ever felt in her entire life, and her lifeless and terrifying eyes looked at the old man as if he were a dead man. That scared her husband quite a bit.

This thing…! I regret saving him! Oh goddesses, I ask you to forgive me if I commit an unforgivable crime, but if this abomination does anything to that baby, I will kill him!

She begged the goddesses to forgive any sin she may commit in the name of protecting children; His faith could not have been more sincere than now. The goddesses, although they could not read her thoughts, could see everything she looked at thanks to her connection, and had an idea of ​​what she thought.

Frankly, they were also upset, especially Aphrodite and Lusticia (for different reasons), so none of them were reluctant to forgive any murder that was suddenly committed...

We have to hang it! The red-haired female soldier shouted coldly in her head as she maintained a stony expression second only to John Wick's, staring at the Terario with her gun ready to fire.

As for Arisella…

I should have also set an electric shock function for immediate execution….?

 I was also seriously considering killing the pervert.

None of the women in the group (Not the three goddesses of Olympus) wanted this homosexual man alive.

But for now….he would live….

4