Chapter 49: Tasha, Immortal?
110 0 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

“Are you saying… that this is an anomalous condition caused by something called a dungeon, which is the monster we are trapped in at this very moment, and which is now slowly killing this child as we spoke…?” Lucelle asked with a look of confusion, worry and doubt as she looked at Arisella.

I didn't expect that after questioning her about her strange behavior earlier, she would be told something so shocking. Her eyes trembled as she waited for a response.

“Exactly… The information of a strange and rare condition came to me as soon as I used my [Psychometry] skill on him. So there is no doubt” Arisella nodded with a serious expression, with pessimistic eyes, and most of those present looked with surprise or sadness at the poor child in Lucelle's arms.

Did this child have an unknown condition caused by an unknown entity that was slowly and painfully killing him?

No one could have expected something like this to happen. Tasha even threw pitying glances at the older boy for the fate she had met.

He's so young... The Cherry inside Tasha sighed to herself.

As for Arisella, she thought it would be a bad idea to tell everyone that this was something like a disease, so the best she could come up with was to say that it was an unknown anomalous condition that only occurred if you entered a dungeon.

Although the dungeon sickness was pretty far from being a real illness in the first place anyway, unlike some, he wasn't worried that Lucelle would suffer from the same thing as the boy. After all, the cause was not a virus or a bacteria, much less a parasite.

Still, the fact was that the girl was dying from this condition of her own design, which made her feel very guilty.

Priscilla and John Miller, in particular, seemed devastated by the news. The future saint's face was as pale as death as she covered her mouth with her hands, and John Miller looked dramatically about to faint; as if she were a wife heartbroken after learning that her beloved husband died in a car accident.

Although it was disgusting, it was quite tragic.

“Is there nothing we can do for him!?” Priscilla exclaimed anxiously, "I could try to use my healing spells on him and see if... I can save him..."

"I'm sorry to say this... but only a Fifth Rank Cleric could have enough divine power to reverse the damaging effects that the dungeon has on him."

And that, in reality, was not a sure thing. After all, the amount of divine power that could grow within a cleric's divine spark depended entirely on the gods. It was very different from divine descendants like Astrian, who were born with divinity and could access almost infinite divine power.

However, perhaps rank 6 Clerics could do it… although those quasi-demigod individuals would never be here in the first place.

"And how do you know that!?" shouted John Miller, who at some point recovered from the shock and was ferociously glaring at Arisella for information, making Arisella seriously consider using her power as a teacher to permanently silence this stupid slave.

However, there was no need to wait; The alarmed idiot quickly kept his mouth shut when he saw Armán giving him a glare for his behavior, but still kept his eyes on the human woman in front of him, wide and bloodshot.

If I didn't know their titles, I would really believe that this depraved man is very worried about the child to death...

A shiver ran through Arisella's body as the feeling of disgust began to grow significantly within her as she remembered the evidence of this magical engineer's profound perversion. Her beautiful face was almost distorted by her disgust, but she held it back with force of will as she spoke again.

"I know because my ability gave me that information."

“How is it possible to be so specific? Aren't you supposed to be a prophetess? As far as I know, those of your profession should only be able to see the past or the future, or perhaps look at things from long distances…” John Miller began to speak rudely again before being interrupted by an annoyed Arisella.

“We prophetesses handle the information we receive from our spiritual power and interpret it in our own way, Mr. Miller. We even have an ability that allows us to obtain understandable, although limited, information about a living being or even objects; regardless of whether it is from the future, present or past, and with that we can make our prophecies or understand the state of a person.

So yes, our skills are more versatile than you think. We can even discover secrets that no one wants to come to light to completely ruin them. So you better shut up…”

She spoke to him in a cold voice, surprising him both by her attitude and the implications of her words. Then, feeling a chill, the Terario looked around her and finally realized that the looks they were giving her were not pretty.

In fact, they were filled with disdain and disgust towards him, which made him completely swallow whatever he was going to say, and grumbling at the sudden poor treatment of someone as important as him by filthy commoners something like that, he stood there. in silence, with his face full of disgust.

However, some concern could also be seen in his eyes; Although this time, it was no longer because of Elián... but because of Arisella's powers.

Did the Prophetesses deal with the information…? Well, thinking about it a little... It's not crazy. After all, lower-ranking prophetesses used objects and vague clues as catalysts to use their abilities…

So, if she touched the fragments of the document I made, would it be possible for her to know what I wrote in it…?

….Shit! Come to think of it, it's not impossible that someone would have taken a fragment out of curiosity about what was written in that damn document! It could even be her! Or because she would tell me all that!?

What was I thinking when I wrote all that anyway?? Did I suddenly become stupid!?

John Miller felt the strong urge to hit his head on the ground.

Because things were becoming worrying regarding the Madarhem government's dealings with the "living" technology of the Human Age, John Miller seriously considered whether it was really worth the risk to go ahead with all of that, when of course Suddenly things started to become more and more suspicious over time.

Things like staff suddenly disappearing and reappearing with different and strange behaviors, research files and ancient technologies stolen in unknown ways, as well as the recent problems caused by the Warlocks; They were what led John Miller to write those documents to contact Director Torinus secretly without being discovered by a potential warlock spy.

After all, communicating with him through a terminal could end up giving him away. John Miller had to use another way to try to convince the Director of his point without engaging with the enemy, and that's what he came up with.

However, when he thought about all this with a cool head, he wondered why he would use such a simple method like that.

He tried to understand himself about it, the reason for his action, but for some reason… he couldn't find a plausible reason to make that move, at that moment. When he thought about it, he clearly could think of better ways to contact the director secretly without needing a document.

And yet, this was what came to mind best... It was almost as if an invisible hand moved all his actions from the shadows to do something that would ruin himself and the entire government of the state of Madarhem.

Although I might be thinking too much about it... What could they gain from it, after all? And why him?

Anyway…Maybe I should find a way to get rid of this woman… John Miller thought as he looked at Arisella and the others with cold eyes, I don't know what her rank is as his Prophetess, but I can't risk it even if she is just a insignificant baroness. After all, it's about preserving my freedom!

Besides, I never liked her presence or those other women... Especially that alchemist named Lucete or something! How dare you get my Armán's attention with those disgusting bags of meat? If you weren't a useful alchemist capable of killing monsters with poison... How I would like to kill you right now!

Unaware that he had already lost his beloved freedom, the paranoid John Miller suddenly began to silently plan a way to kill Arisella without being discovered. She really was a rat, especially since I consider killing Lucelle when she outlives her usefulness too.

As for the others... Almost everyone had an air of pessimism about what would happen to the child, but there were two people who did not want to give up just like that.

Those were Priscilla and Lucelle.

“Arisella… Are you sure that Priscilla's divine power will not be enough to save Elián? She has the power of three goddesses… She should be able to do something!” Lucelle stroked the unfortunate boy's black hair as she asked him without looking at her, her emerald eyes reflecting Elian's face whose spots slowly advanced with time.

"You also know as I do that the only divine power with healing properties that Priscilla possesses originates from the Goddess Aphrodite..." Arisella shook her head sadly and sighed, "We could try to find other Clerics of Aphrodite in the dungeon, but that seems very unlikely at the moment... Most of the Clerics of Aphrodite went to help the army defend the lands of Madarhem." invaded by Witches, after all."

Lucelle sighed in response, knowing he was right.

"Huh? You guys knew about the defensive battle against the undead!?" Armán exclaimed, totally surprised, while John Miller raised an eyebrow.

They, one as a brigadier general and the other as a top military technology researcher, of course knew beforehand it's just that Arman chose not to participate because he believed in John Moller's conspiracy theories about witches.

And that's how he ended up here, armed to the teeth by John Miller himself, in an attempt to defend his home from any enemy infiltration.

“Defensive battle against the undead?”

"What does that mean?" The Arcantus couldn't help but ask curiously.

The Orkus' words immediately caught the attention of the majority, who seemed confused and bewildered. It must be remembered that the undead invasion led by the Witches from the darkness was kept secret from civilians to avoid unrest, and as such none of the [Soldiers] present, nor Priscilia or Maximilian, knew about it before Arisella and Armán opened their mouths. .

"What does it matter? Elián, this poor child, is dying! Even if my divine power is insufficient, I must try to save him! Even if he cannot be completely cured, I could still slow down the advance of whatever ailed him." is damaging... Isn't that possible? Priscilla cried out anxiously, her eyes watering.

"That could technically work, but..." Arisella had a bitter smile at the 'fairy's' hopeful face before immediately shooting her down with her next words: "As far as I have learned, neither the spiritual power nor the divine power that you currently possess It is enough to stop it before you faint... not at its current stage*

"Pero…!"

“If you faint trying to slow their progress…. Purple spots, it will take you a long time to wake up, Priscilla. In that period of time, her condition will worsen again and it is even possible that she will do so with more force… Killing him on the spot”

Priscilla's expression became even paler.

Arisella wasn't talking nonsense. This is how she prepared it.

The protagonist of this world had a high-ranking cleric in his harem who faced the dungeon disease and fainted trying to slow its progression, only to wake up and discover that his efforts only made the situation worse as the disease grew larger. force.

To the extent that she established it as Amael, the dungeon sickness was a phenomenon that occurred because the dungeon's magical core saved energy by not synchronizing the existence of a low-potential 'recruit' with the 'domain' it created. , who were mostly children. who proved to have nothing worthwhile.

That's why even Arisella didn't know the reason why trying to delay the illness only made it worse, since like Amael Parker, she was very lazy in that part.

Come to think of it, our little bear doesn't suffer from dungeon sickness... is there something special about her?

Curious, Arisella looked at Tasha, who tilted her head in surprise at being watched by her.

“What's going on, Arisella?” Noticing where her sister was looking, Lucelle asked her with some apprehension.

It can't be what I was thinking, right?

“….Unfortunately, children trapped in a dungeon are more likely to suffer from this strange condition than adults, but fortunately, it doesn't seem like Tasha is experiencing such a thing. However, I would like to confirm it to be sure..."

Those words made Priscilla and Tasha widen their eyes in shock.

“W-what!? “Can Tasha end up experiencing the same thing as Elian!? No way!?”

Priscilla started making a fuss.

“Calm down, honey! Little Tasha is fine, she just wants to make sure,” Maximiliano tried to reassure his wife, who seemed to be about to cry with anguish.

It wasn't surprising; According to Arisella's words, it was already very difficult to help Elián with his limited power as third-rank Clerics. If Tasha really is affected by the same condition in this situation…. So it is clear what her fate would be.

Sighing, Arisella looked at Tasha, who understandably looked very scared to the point that she looked like she was going to cry, and approached her, speaking to her in the most reassuring way possible: "Tasha, don't worry, you entered the dungeon almost at the same time." while Elián…You're perfectly fine, right? There's nothing to worry about."

“T-then…why are you going to examine me?” The little ozesna looked at him with her pretty blue eyes on the verge of tears as she asked in a trembling voice, her expression distorted by the fear of death.

She didn't want to die so young for the second time...In fact, wasn't she currently about 11 years younger than Cherry?

…That was even worse.

He was bad enough with the damn monsters! Why did this damn dungeon also have to cause such a strange and troublesome condition in cute little kids like me?

Unaware that anyone could contract dungeon sickness if the Magic Core deems them a waste of resources, Cherry/Tasha cursed the heavens for the injustice towards children like her. Gone is the time when you had the luxury of feeling sympathy for another person.

"I just wanted to confirm something, okay?" Arisella knelt before her and looked at him with a soft smile as she stroked his head, and Tasha wiped the tears from her face as she nodded, looking into her eyes with a serious expression.

Anyway... Nothing is certain, maybe I'm getting ahead of myself by thinking about dying... Although with my luck, I can only hope that nothing bad happens to me...

With Tasha calmer, Arisella smiled and immediately used her ability.

[Classifying the information obtained from the flow….]

[Classification completed]

[Character type: irregular]

[Character name: Tasha Shuber (8 years old)]

[Health status: lack of adequate sleep]

[Species: Human (Variant Race - Bestiana <Orzan>)]

[Variant Configuration: A race of humans whose ancestors were mutated by the influence of demonic beast genes that were introduced into their bodies during the 'Dimensional Crises'. This particular subrace of beasts, the Orzan, have the ability to magically strengthen their bones and muscles thanks to mutated aether veins that distribute their aether in a similar but different way to demonic beasts through those parts of their anatomy, giving them a extremely strong body strengthening efficient compared to other breeds. In their infancy, they look more like bipedal bears than humans, but as they grow, they not only lose hair but take on a more human appearance. They are born warriors, but they can be very kind and peaceful. Still, do not provoke them, especially with their young, or you will experience their fury]

[Character Titles: The Girl Blessed by the God Hades (Respectable), The Girl with an Immortal Soul (Unique), The First Human Psychic in History (Unique), The Blessed by the Goddess Athena (Respectable), The Blessed by Aphrodite (Respectable), She Who Will Never Know True Death (Unique), The Reincarnation of a Survivor of the Human Era (Rare), Flirty Bitch (Common), Innocent Accused [Common], Someone Seeking to Survive (Common)]

[Soul grade: high]

[Profession: None (Psychic). Rank: 0 (Rank 7 Hidden Spiritual Potential)]

[Magic concept: None]

[Talents: psionic]

[Character Stats: Intelligence: S | Strength: C | Resistance: D | Spirit: S+ | Magic: C+| Martial power: F+| Charm: S+| Luck: E+]

[Technical skills: survival (expert), adorable appearance (expert), cook (common), cook (expert) cleaning (expert) bedding (expert)]

[Soul attribute (innate): reincarnation]

[Divine Protections: Blessing against immediate death events (Hades) Blessing of divine acquisition of knowledge (Athens), Blessing of Charm (Aphrodite)]

[Attack methods: Orzan's claws, traps, taunts, curses, looks of pity]

[Character's relevance to the overall world plot: Important to a fault]

Arisella's eyes widened.

Is Tasha the reincarnation of a survivor of the fallen Galactic Federation of Terra?

Is she an immortal soul…?

Why does this seem familiar to me...? Is Tasha a character that appears in [Revenge of a Professional]? That explains the exaggeration “Important to the extreme”…But I don't remember that….

No….wait, rank 7 potential…?

What does this mean!?

All of this was quite shocking information to Arisella. Above all…

There are rank 7 professionals!? Because I did not know it!?

Arisella, once again, had to face the fact that she did not know everything about this world...

3