Prophecy
538 4 11
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.
LIKE IT?
  • Yes Votes: 30 93.8%
  • No Votes: 2 6.3%
Total voters: 32

As Jack's eyes fluttered open and his senses slowly returned, he beheld the curious sight of those mysterious, small creatures, standing at a mere meter in height, their faces hidden behind Aztec masks, dancing in fervor around the roaring fire pit.

Directly before him, a grand statue of towering four meters loomed, mirroring the Aztec mask's intricate patterns and vibrant hues. Its painted teeth gleamed in eerie resonance with the flames, while its eyes glowed like embers, defying the engulfing fire.

Perched atop the statue's head was a wooden helm adorned with azure feathers that soared skyward, an artistic display of craftsmanship.

In swift trepidation, Jack's gaze darted from right to left, searching for answers in the midst of this surreal tableau. To his right, Mary was bound as tightly as he was, ensnared by robust vines.

"What in blazes be happenin'? Are we facin' our final reckonin'?" Mary's voice quivered with trepidation.

"Lass, I beg your pardon. I've misjudged the danger, a fault that be mine for steerin' us here," Jack admitted.

"Captain, blast you and your insatiable thirst for treasure," Mary seethed, her frustration laid bare.

Together, they strained against their leafy captors, yet their struggles yielded naught, the vines proving unyielding to even Jack's formidable strength.

One of the black-limbed creatures, its visage concealed by the Aztec mask, drew near to Jack, its presence almost suffocating.

"UUUR HEHRIA KAKRI IAK RUWU SKO," it intoned, its voice resonating with an eerie depth.

In that moment, Jack closed his eyes, bracing for the inevitable, yearning for a swift and merciful end. But it was not to be, for the creature moved on to address Mary.

"HUJA KRKE AIAI RALOE ISS-" it began, only to be met with Mary's defiant act, a decisive spit directed at the creature's mask. 

This bold gesture prompted the creature to take a step back, before signaling something to its kin with cryptic hand motions.

"Mary, why in the seven seas did ye go and do that? It won't be helpin' us. If ye'd had a bit of restraint like meself, mayhaps they wouldn't have taken us for trouble," Jack grumbled, a touch of irk tainting his words.

"It reeked like a kraken's lair, Captain. I wanted it away from my face. Face it, whatever we attempt, our fate is sealed," Mary retorted, her resignation evident.

"You speak the truth, lass. Our treasure hunt has reached its bitter end," Jack conceded, his tone heavy with regret.

Then he jeered, "Me only two regrets be not sharin' a tumble with ye, HAR HAR, and not gettin' me hands on that bloomin' treasure."

Mary's temper flared, her voice sharp, "Blast you, Captain. Be that all you sea dogs ever ponder? Just wenches and ill-gotten gains?"

Jack, who'd come to terms with his fate, chortled, "Aye, lass. Ye've got a fondness for the grog, no different from the likes of us."

Mary paid him no heed, for the scurvy-riddled creatures were up to somethin'. "Look, Captain!"

As Jack's eyes scanned the scene, he beheld the small creatures cobbling together a makeshift oven from the fire pit. One amongst them, a touch taller at a meter and a half, barked commands in a foreign tongue. The more he bellowed, the swifter their work became.

They toiled in separate crews. One set ventured into the forest for more wood, while another continued their dance around the flame. The third crew busied themselves relocating the timber, creating a hollow at the core, spacious enough for two souls.

"Arrr, d'ye reckon they mean to cook us, lass?" Jack inquired, his demise no longer weighin' on his mind.

"Them little varmints! Were I not tied up, I'd feast on the lot," Mary growled.

"HAR HAR HAR! That's the spirit, lass! Fret not, I'm already slicin' through this stubborn vine. We'll be free in no time," Jack declared, a wicked grin stretchin' across his face.

"Ye scoundrel! Why'd ye keep mum on this earlier?" Mary retorted.

"Lass, it brought me no end o' mirth watchin' ye squirm," he confessed, chortlin' like a rogue.

"Arr, as I shook off the sleep, a minute or so past, I slyly plucked me trusty blade from its sleeve," Jack recounted, his voice carrying a hint of pride and narcissism. 

As he neared the end of his struggle, the stubborn vines relinquished their hold, granting him freedom. With newfound resolve, he turned his attention to Mary, severing her bonds with determined strokes.

Once liberated, she stood tall. Yet, the creatures took notice, their gaze fixed upon them. Jack couldn't help but chuckle at their lumbering pace as they darted into the surrounding forest.

"Free, lass, free as the wind!" he exclaimed, laughter fillin' the space.

"Thank you, Captain," Mary's gratitude rang out, her voice filled with relief.

Soon, the remaining creatures concealed in the foliage began to fall like ripe coconuts, dropping from the trees. Jack and Mary exchanged glances, a silent understanding passing between them.

"Without me revolver or cutlass, we need somethin' sturdy. Find yer rock o' piece of timber. Let's give 'em a taste of our mettle," Jack instructed.

Mary nodded, and together they located two sizeable pieces of wood, each possessing a thickness that promised a hearty blow. 

Mary noted, "Must be the scoundrels."

They joined forces, forming a protective circle. In measured turns, they launched their strikes.

Jack's wood met its mark, connecting with a creature's skull before reversing direction to find another target. 

"Ye see, lass, it's all in the wrist."

Meanwhile, Mary swung with precision, though the creatures proved agile, deftly evading her every blow.

Then, a commanding bellow echoed from the tribe's leader, a voice resonating with power. "HULU TRE SKI OT RIE!" The creatures halted their advance, frozen in obedience.

"They've ceased their attack, lass! On yer mark, RUN!" Jack urged, poised for a sprint.

Yet, as they sprinted forth, a larger creature emerged from the forest, towering at three and a half meters. Its limbs were as black as night, and it bore an Aztec mask akin to its kin, but on a grander scale.

They halted, encircled by the creatures. Backs pressed together, they readied themselves to strike at any who drew near.

"GRRU AJ REOR OPAIT IRI," the tribe leader intoned.

All creatures surrounding Jack the Captain and Mary the Pirate lowered their heads to the ground. Then, in unison, they raised their heads and arms before returning to their supplicant position, a gesture of reverence.

"What do they reckon we are? Gods?" Mary mused.

"Mayhaps lass. Let's play the part," Jack suggested.

"And how does one go about that?" Mary inquired, her knowledge of gods limited to a single tale of the Sea God. 

"Commandin' and intimidatin'," he replied, a glint of determination in his eye.

Then Jack arched his chest and shoulders, raising his head high as he let out a fierce growl, "GRGRGRWOOWLL."

Mary mirrored his gesture, her own growl not quite as gravelly but just as fierce.

The creatures ceased their prayers, and the tribal leader bellowed in a deep voice, "HURUNTU KOE KEO OPA ITOE LALPA."

Two creatures from the circle stepped aside, making way for another to approach, bearing ancient stone tablets in its grasp.

It knelt before the supposed 'Gods,' offering up the tablets with reverence.

Jack accepted them, a grin spreading across his face. "Oi, Mary, take a gander at this. We're Gods, HAR HAR."

Mary leaned in, her eyes fixed on the tablet depicting the arrival of two figures from a pirate ship, both adorned with dark blue hair—one shaped like a man, the other like a woman.

"Aye, captain, that be us, or a fair mimicry," she remarked, jabbing a finger toward the age-worn portrayal.

"We're spared, lass," he proclaimed, realizing they were now seen as more than mere mortals, but as deities themselves.

The creature, having fulfilled its duty, rose and departed through the gap in the circle, replaced by another bearing two more ancient stone tablets.

It bowed its head to the ground, presenting the tablets with reverence.

Jack set down the ones he'd already perused and retrieved the new pair.

This time, the tablets depicted two grand wooden thrones, intricately adorned. Seated upon them were figures with dark blue tresses.

"Seems to be the next chapter in this tale, I reckon," he spoke, displaying the etched scenes to Mary.

With another creature's shuffle, he picked up two fresh stone tablets.

In this depiction, the figures on the thrones were presented with the treasures the island had guarded for millennia—just two items.

"Oi, be that their only treasure? I'm hopin' it's gold," Jack mused.

"Captain, we've a rare fortune just to be breathin'. Don't let greed cloud your senses," she cautioned, her voice resolute.

Then, like a well-rehearsed dance, the monsters that had formed the circle now spread out into a single file, leading the way towards the open field.

They exchanged a glance, a silent agreement passing between them, as they walked tall with chests held high.

Upon reaching the field, some of the creatures resumed their prayers while the tribe leader's voice thundered, 'UKU LO KEJ JALOE LOPAH.'

Others scattered, following their given tasks.

"Arr, what if these scoundrels change their minds, Captain?" Mary's worry was clear in her eyes.

"I've a feelin' they won't. But once we've laid hands on their booty, me'll shout 'nd we make ourselves scarce, savvy?" He retorted with a crafty smile.

"I've me doubts 'bout this plan, Captain," she said, her gaze fixed on the potential dangers.

"Have trust in yer captain, Mary. I've got it all plotted. If we tarry, we might find ourselves trapped here, playin' at bein' their so-called gods," he stated with a shrewd certainty.

"Aye aye, captain," she yielded.

Afore long, the creatures hove into view, returnin' with two grand wooden thrones bedecked in intricate patterns. Another pair of creatures toted two ornate wooden treasure chests.

"Lass, this be it. This be the very thing me father spoke of," he exclaimed, his voice brimmin' with elation.

"They do have treasure," she mused, her thoughts drifting to the spirits she could indulge in, day and night.

The creatures carefully positioned one throne to the left of the towering wooden mask statue, and another to the right.

Then, their tribe's leader bellowed, "URURU GUR TU JUE JI TI."

"I reckon that translates to 'Come and grace your thrones, ye Gods, for we've brought treasures aplenty,' HAR HAR," Jack quipped, making his way to the right throne.

Mary mirrored his move and settled into the left throne.

Again, the leader's voice boomed, prompting nearby creatures to join in the clamor, while those concealed in the forest emerged to join in the prayer.

As Jack occupied the throne, he cast his gaze upward and whispered, "Father, see me now. I'll be the Pirate Lord, mark my words."

Meanwhile, on the other throne, Mary murmured to herself, "May that sea dog's scheme unfold without a hitch."

The fire pit blazed, casting a warm glow that pierced through the night's chill. The stars above twinkled, lending their light to the scene. The yellow moon added a golden touch, painting everything in its gentle hues.

Every creature from the island, even the towering four-meter behemoths, gathered in reverence. They all bowed their heads, their voices uniting in an ancient chant led by their tribe's leader.

A throng of at least 300 creatures awaited the fulfillment of a prophecy etched in the annals of time.

Then, two figures bearing botanical grass approached Jack's throne, swirling it around his head before repeating the ritual with Mary.

Having completed their task, they departed, leaving the way clear for the bearers of the treasure boxes. One knelt before Jack, the other before Mary, presenting the aged, tightly sealed box.

It bore the marks of time, its color darkened with age, yet it remained securely closed, as though it hadn't seen the light of day in eons.

With a sense of reverence, Jack and Mary each took hold of the treasure box. 

11