27: Return…
143 0 8
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

 

.

 

.

 

.

 

.

[Kansas, Underground cave.]

"AAAAAAAAAGGGGGGGHHHH!" pained screams resonated through the cave, each splash of the boiling cauldron punctuating the grim atmosphere.

 

"Will say this again! Where did you hide the stone!" The squeaky tone came from the troll, with its grey, gnarled skin, bulbous nose, and voice a harsh squeak that cut sharply through the dank air.

 

The man's skin, reddening further with each immersion, clung stubbornly to his secret. "I won't tell you! That rock will bring us a fortune!" he yelled, defiantly lacing his voice despite his precarious situation.

 

The troll, unamused and increasingly furious, plunged the man back into the cauldron. "AAAAAAAAAARRRGH!" ignoring his screams. As he was brought up again, his skin now a deep shade of red from the boiling water, the situation seemed dire.

 

Courage's eyes widened with panic as he witnessed Eustace's suffering. The small, pink dog made frantic gestures in his attempts to free himself from being tied up, growing more desperate by the second. His whimpers filled the cave, starkly contrasting the troll's harsh demands.

 

As Eustace was hoisted out of the cauldron again, his face a mask of pained defiance, the troll leaned in close, its breath foul and its expression a mix of anger and impatience. "Listen here, you stubborn old fool! That rock ain't gonna bring you no fortune if you're dead!" the troll snarled, its voice echoing ominously through the damp cave.

 

Eustace, shivering and red, mustered a defiant glare. "Never! That rock's gonna make me rich, and I ain't sharing a cent with you filthy creatures!" he spat, his stubbornness as evident as the steam rising off his scalded skin.

 

The troll, infuriated by Eustace's resilience, prepared to dunk him once more. Just then, a shadowy figure emerged, their shadows emitted by the oil lamps stationed throughout the cave systems, catching the attention of both the group of trolls within and the battered old man.

 

The figure limped thier way towards the troll that was dumping the man. "Sound... the bells." As the injured troll slumped to the ground, the remaining trolls hesitated, their expressions a mix of confusion and fear. They quickly gathered around their fallen comrade, murmuring amongst themselves, their attention momentarily diverted from Eustace.

 

"What—" the troll's eyes widen as they have witnessed the wounds and injuries bestowed upon one of their brethren.

 

"Hey, old man, hope we aren't too late," Asahi's evident smirk graced his lips as his voice echoed confidently through the cave. He stepped into the light, followed closely by Akemi. Their arrival brought a visible shift in the atmosphere.

 

"We are, but he's holding on better than expected," Akemi added, her eyes scanning Eustace's reddened, pained face. She grimaced slightly at the sight but maintained her composure, ready to intervene.

 

Asahi and Akemi's arrival shifted the atmosphere in the cave, infusing the dank air with a sense of urgency. Courage's ears perked up at the sight of the figures stepping into the dimly lit space, a visible spark of hope igniting in his eyes as he recognized the potential rescuers.

 

"W- Who are you two?" the troll clutching the rope stammered, eyeing the newcomers with slight fear.

 

"You take the lead, Akemi," Asahi said, his voice low and steady. He gripped his bat tightly, tapping it against the ground twice, the impact causing small shatters on the rocky surface. His intense gaze and a menacing grin were fixed on the troll, "I'll free the old man."

 

The troll holding Eustace trembled, the weight of Asahi's stare unsettling him. In a panic, he bellowed to his kin, "SOUND THE BELLS!" His command sent the other trolls scrambling, a chaotic rush to alert the rest of their tribe.

 

One troll attempted a desperate dash to exit and raise the alarm, but his escape was cut short. Akemi, moving with lethal precision, dashed forward and struck. Her swift movements and keen ability to pinpoint vulnerabilities allowed her to take down the troll with a decisive, clean strike, preventing him from alerting others.

 

The troll holding the rope, momentarily stunned by the brutal end of his comrade, was distracted just long enough for Asahi to act decisively.

 

"Hey! Eyes on me," Asahi called out, drawing the troll's attention. Before the creature could entirely turn, Asahi delivered a devastating blow with his bat. The impact was lethal, instantly crushing the troll's skull and rendering its bones to dust, demonstrating the sheer force Asahi was capable of unleashing after charging his attack for a mere fifteen seconds.

 

Eustace, nearly falling back into the scalding cauldron as the rope slackened, was saved by Asahi's quick reflexes. Grasping the rope tightly, Asahi managed to pull Eustace away from immediate danger while also kicking the cauldron over. The boiling water cascaded onto the cave floor, steaming and hissing as it cooled, removing one more threat from the equation.

 

The remaining trolls, witnessing the demise of their kin, were gripped by fear. "UUNDA IS DEAD! RUN!" their cries echoed through the cavern as they scrambled to escape. However, Akemi's swift movements and strategic positioning cut off their routes, her dagger, a blur as she struck down each attempting to flee. Her precision and agility ensured that the trolls found no escape, their numbers rapidly diminishing under her relentless assault.

 

In the midst of this turmoil, Courage, having managed to untie himself, scampered to Asahi's side, Asahi lowered Eustace to the ground and turned to face the dog. "Take the old man and escape, we'll clean up from here." Courage nodded, and held the tied up Eustace up high, carrying him out of the cave systems.

 

As Courage scurried away with Eustace, navigating the rocky terrain of the cave system, Asahi turned his attention back to the fray. He watched Akemi move with lethal precision, her strikes swift and decisive, leaving no troll standing in her path. The cave soon quieted, the only sounds being the distant echoes of their footsteps and the occasional clatter of a falling weapon.

 

.

 

The sudden ting of a notification disrupted the moment. Both twins instinctively reached into their pockets, retrieving their devices that had vibrated with the alert.

 

.

 

.

 

Xxxx

 

__Mission(s)__

 

W3:

 

  • A bit of troll-ing: -Complete-

 

Objective(s):

 

When both Muriel and Courage left to go visit the store near them, Eustace got captured by underground trolls. Holding him captive until they get what they want. Free old Eustace.

 

Difficulty: ☆ | Easy.

 

Reward(s):

 

250 SC

 

New title

 

5 (AP)

 

5 (STR)

 

.

 

Failure:

 

-1000 SC

 

Xxxx

 

.

 

.

 

As they reviewed the mission completion details on their devices, Akemi's tone conveyed a hint of relief. "Looks like that's done," Akemi echoed his sentiment, her eyes scanning the rewards listed.

 

"Yeah, I kind of expected a challenge," Asahi mused, his gaze shifting towards the dark passages of the cave as if expecting more adversaries to appear. "How about we ask Kazu-san to up the levels next time?" His suggestion was partly in jest, but the underlying eagerness for a greater test of their skills was evident.

 

Akemi smirked, tucking her device back into her pocket. "Might as well make it worth our while. This was more like a warm-up than a real fight." She stretched her arms above her head, loosening the tension in her muscles.

 

Suddenly, the ground trembled beneath their feet, causing small rocks and dust to dance upon the disturbed earth. Asahi and Akemi instinctively braced themselves, scanning the surroundings for the source of the disturbance.

 

"What's going on?" Akemi looked at her surroundings, confused. Her question hung in the air, unanswered, as the trembling intensified.

 

Suddenly, from the depths of the large hole they had previously noted but disregarded, a massive figure began to emerge. Its size alone casts a shadow over the area, turning their apprehension into alarm. The figure's form became clearer as it ascended from the darkness below, revealing a daunting presence that neither twin had anticipated facing.

 

As the giant troll stepped fully into the light, its massive form dwarfed everything in the cavern. The deep, echoing voice that had tentatively called out "Papa?" as it surveyed the scene before it. Its eyes, large and filled with an unexpected depth, settled on the lifeless body of the smaller troll that had earlier held the rope.

 

The ground shook with each of its heavy steps, sending small shivers through the cave system. Asahi and Akemi exchanged wary glances, their previous confidence shaken by the sheer size and apparent emotional state of this new arrival.

 

The air seemed to pulse with the tension as the giant troll's gaze locked onto Asahi and Akemi amidst the backdrop of troll corpses. The word "You..." hung heavily between them. Its voice boomed through the cavern with sorrow.

 

.

 

Just then, the twins' devices erupted into loud sirens, pulling their attention away from the looming threat.

 

.

 

The ground quaked more intensely with each step it took towards them. "KILLED..." it bellowed, each syllable a thunderous accusation.

 

They quickly retrieved their devices, anxious to understand the new alert, but their eyes darted nervously between the screens and the advancing giant.

 

"PAPA!" The roar from the troll echoed off the walls, filled with anguish and rage

 

.

 

.

 

Xxxx

 

A new threat has been detected!

 

  • THE GIANT UNDERGROUND TROLL.

 

A BOSS BATTLE HAS BEEN INITIATED.

 

Objective(s):

Escape the cave systems.

 

Reward(s):

 

10 (DEX)

 

10 (AGI)

 

10 (AP)

 

.

 

□ Failure:

 

︎ Possibility of Death

 

︎ -5000 SC

 

.

 

Alternative(s):

Eliminate the threat.

 

Reward(s):

 

15 (AP)

 

15 (STA)

 

15 (STR)

 

15 (CON)

 

7500 SC

 

A new ability

 

.

 

□ Failure:

 

Certain Death

 

Xxxx

 

.

 

.

 

.

 

.

[The Market]

"As for joining, I don't plan to as of now, I only want to know of the conditions first." Minato claimed, choosing to know more about this place than to initiate in any of it's activities, he has to report of this later on.

 

Kazuhiro's nod was slight but affirming as he responded to Minato's decision. "Understood, Minato. Wait here while I retieve the documents." His voice carried a professional cadence, barely revealing any change in emotion in his tone,

 

Turning on his heel, Kazuhiro made his way towards his office, his steps measured and silent.

 

Minato left standing among the onlookers, felt the weight of their gazes. He used this moment to observe his surroundings further, each detail potentially crucial for his understanding of this vast, mysterious market.

 

Dumbledore extended his hand warmly, his demeanor as serene and wise as the stories often depicted. "Albus Dumbledore, it is a pleasure to make your acquaintance, Mr. Namikaze."

 

Minato returned the gesture, his composure reflecting his discipline as a shinobi. "The pleasure is all mine," he replied, appreciating the opportunity to meet someone of third hokage's stature.

 

Hagrid, ever the gentle giant, eagerly stepped forward, extending a massive hand that dwarfed Minato's. "Rubeus Hagrid," he boomed, his voice filled with a friendly rumble that echoed slightly in the expansive space. Though formidable due to Hagrid's immense strength, the handshake was managed skillfully by Minato, who was accustomed to dealing with all manner of powerful forces.

 

"A pleasure," Minato said with a respectful nod, his demeanor calm yet friendly.

 

"Well then, where did you hail from, Mr. Namikaze?" Dumbledore's tone was gentle, inviting a deeper conversation as his eyes twinkled with curiosity.

 

"Just Minato is fine," the young ninja responded, a slight warmth touching his usually composed expression. "I come from what's known here as world number ten."

 

"Ah, I see," Dumbledore mused, his voice reflecting his understanding. "A world of clansmen, bound together and often divided by the spiritual energy known as chakra. From what I've read, it seems your world is frequently engulfed in conflicts."

 

Minato nodded solemnly, acknowledging Dumbledore's accurate grasp of his home world's turbulent nature. "That's true. Our history is in constant conflict." He answered, not revealing anymore than it should

 

Dumbledore's eyes hinted with curiosity. "A challenging environment, no doubt. It reminds me somewhat of our own struggles within the wizarding world. Different elements, perhaps, but similar themes of conflict."

 

Hagrid, who had been listening intently, added, "Sounds like a tough place, but I reckon you're used to handling tough situations, eh, Minato?"

 

Minato offered a small, wry smile. "One could say that. Navigating such a world can be difficult for some."

 

Dumbledore nodded thoughtfully, He turned around, his keen eyes sweeped across the vast expanse of aisles, absorbing the scope of the market. As his gaze traversed the scene, a spark of intellectual curiosity lit up his features. Turning to Minato, he asked, "What do you wish to know about this place, Minato?" His voice conveyed a deep interest, touched by a sense of wonder. "This market is unlike anything I've encountered before. It holds the potential to provide insights into a myriad of worlds, a true treasure trove of knowledge."

 

Minato's expression became thoughtful as he considered Dumbledore's question. The possibility of accessing a variety of worlds through this market intrigued him deeply. "The main concern I carry is if this place could disrupt the balance of those worlds?"

 

Dumbledore's mind roamed the depth of Minato's inquiries. "Ah, those are indeed prudent concerns," he acknowledged, his voice reflecting his deep contemplation. His gaze then swept across the vast market space, seemingly endless and filled with possibilities. "This market is unlike anything I have encountered. My theory is that the expanse of this place suggests that items here are not merely traded but brought from various realms, perhaps even conjured by imagination."

 

Minato nodded, his expression thoughtful as he contemplated the theory. " If any of what you said were to be true, Then the existence of this place must remain a secret, especially from my world."

 

Turning to face Minato with a serious expression, Dumbledore reinforced the need for secrecy. "I share your concerns. Knowledge of this place, if mishandled, could indeed attract dangerous sorts of attention." He then looked over to Hagrid, who had been quietly following the conversation, and added, "Hagrid, this information must remain a secret between us."

 

Hagrid, who had been listening intently, gave a solemn nod. "Not a word from me, Professor. You have my word," he assured, his deep voice rumbling with sincerity. The giant man understood the gravity of such secrets, especially those that could disrupt the delicate balance of multiple worlds.

 

The air buzzed with the tension of the conversation unfolding, attracting the attention of the three. Yuko's voice, filled with maternal concern, echoed sharply through the crowd, attracting attention. "No way will you go back there, Takashi!" she exclaimed, her worry evident in her tone. "You've already worried me enough," she continued, her hands clasped tightly on his face as she looked at her son with a mix of frustration and fear.

 

Standing beside her, Masaru placed a reassuring hand on her shoulder before addressing his son with a decisive tone. "Listen to your mother, Takashi. You mentioned Tagaki estates. Me and Shinichi will handle that. We'll go there to investigate."

 

Takashi, his expression a mix of defiance and concern, wasn't easily persuaded. "But what about these people? Who will ensure their safety if they want to travel? We still haven't decided which world to settle in!" His voice rose slightly, underlining the weight of their unresolved situation.

 

Shinichi supported Takashi's point. "He's right, Masaru. Although that young man pointed to a suitable world for us, we don't know when he'll return, especially considering the differences in time between worlds." His gaze shifted towards the bustling crowd, pondering the complexities of their predicament.

 

Masaru's tone was firm, a decision etched in the weight of his words. "Either way, we can't risk you coming with us, Takashi. I'm sorry, but you'll have to stay." He turned to leave, signaling Shinichi to follow. "let's go."

 

"They are my friends! I have to go! Please!" Takashi's voice broke with desperation. His plea hung in the air, thick with emotion.

 

Unlike Masaru, Shinichi seemed caught in a moment of contemplation, observing the raw emotion displayed by his friend's son. "Shinichi?" Masaru called out, a note of impatience creeping into his voice.

 

Shinichi ignored him for a moment, focusing on Takashi. "Takashi, you mentioned Rei was safe, wasn't she?" he asked, his voice steady

 

Takashi's gaze lifted, meeting Shinichi's. A tear glistened at the corner of his eye, betraying his deep concern and fear for his friends. He nodded slowly, his throat tight with emotion.

 

"Shinichi—" Masaru started to protest, his tone sharpening. He was clearly displeased with Shinichi's approach, sensing the potential for their plan to be derailed by emotional considerations.

 

"Hold on, Masaru. No scratches or wounds?" he probed. Takashi's head shake was a small comfort.

 

"And were you by yourself when you kept her safe?" Shinichi's question cut deeper, his sharp gaze searching for any hesitation in Takashi's response. The young man's pause, filled with the weight of memories from the gas station, stretched the silence. Finally, with a firm nod, he confirmed his solo effort to keep Rei safe.

 

"Shinichi, what's the meaning of this—" Masaru was cut again.

 

"He's capable, Masaru. He can tag along if he wishes." His tone brooked no argument, his hands buried in his coat pockets as he maintained a watchful observation of the young man.

 

Masaru's sigh was heavy, the lines of worry on his face softening slightly with resignation. He trusted his son's abilities, but the father in him churned with concern. His eyes turned to Yuko, seeking her silent approval. Yuko's expression was obscured by her bangs, leaving her thoughts a mystery.

 

Takashi's anxious gaze flitted between his parents, awaiting the final verdict that would either anchor him to safety or free him to face the unknown alongside his father and Shinichi.

 

As he moved closer, his mother's sudden movement startled him. She sprang forward, wrapping her arms tightly around him in a rare display of emotion that underscored the moment's gravity. Takashi, taken aback by her intensity, stood rigid for a moment.

 

She pulled back slightly to look him in the eye, her hands tenderly framing his face. Her fingers, gentle yet firm, wiped away the lingering tear, a silent acknowledgment of his fears and her own. The warmth of her touch was a silent promise of her love, yet her eyes conveyed the seriousness of her concerns.

 

"Promise me, Takashi, that you won't do anything stupid. Am I clear?" Her voice was sharp, a steel edge to her usually soft tone, echoing the depth of her worry and her demand for his caution.

 

Takashi met her gaze squarely, the resolve in his eyes matching the firm set of his jaw. "I promise."

 

Yuko then turned to face her husband, Masaru, her expression unwaveringly stern. "Masaru, if this boy ever does anything out of order, send him straight back!" she instructed, ensuring there was no room for misunderstanding in her directive.

 

After receiving a firm nod of agreement from Masaru, Yuko's attention shifted back to Takashi. An evident tear ran down her cheek. Her tone became even sharper, and her glare intensified, a tangible edge to her words as she grasped the fabric of his shirt tightly. "I swear if you misbehave even in the slightest, I won't go as easy as I'm being right now. You hear me?" Her insistence was palpable, emphasizing the seriousness of her warning.

 

Yuko released her grip on Takashi, her hand lingering momentarily before falling to her side. She quickly brushed away a tear from her cheek, a silent testament to the emotional turmoil roiling beneath her stern exterior. Though uncertain of the outcome, the presence of Masaru and Mr. Miyamoto by her son's side offered her a thread of hope that everything would be alright.

 

"We won't take long, Yuko. The boy knows where they have headed, besides, he survived for this long." Shinichi reassured her, his voice steady and confident. This statement was meant to soothe and reaffirm their readiness and Takashi's preparedness for the task at hand. The reassurance seemed to hang in the air, a promise they were all counting on bringing them back safely and swiftly.

 

With the family's concerns momentarily assuaged, Takashi felt a newfound sense of determination. He glanced back at his mother, offering a brave smile before turning to join Masaru and Shinichi. He was ready to face whatever awaited them. The trio soon left the market, leaving only the refugees and the newcomers.

 

"I guess we'll have to wait for that kid to appear," one of them remarked with hope and resignation.

 

"Guess so, his world is the only world that fits my criteria," another agreed,

 

"What about food and shelter? We can't always stay here, right?" a third voice chimed in

 

"We might as well find a temporary world to live in for the time being," suggested another,

 

"I might as well apply to be an adventurer to live in a world," a younger voice said.

 

The crowd, previously engaged in their own discussions, quieted as the small human's offer reached their ears.

 

"Excuse me, if you wish to settle somewhere, you can visit our town for the time being. Of course, if those in different worlds don't mind having such company," the small human said, and glanced toward Dumbledore and Minato.

 

Dumbledore responded with a gentle, apologetic shake of his head. "I apologize, but we can't," he began, his voice calm yet firm, conveyed his regrets. "Bringing Muggles into our world may alert the Ministry. It would be even trickier with the sensors established if we happen to smuggle them out of the wizarding world." His explanation highlighted the complexities and potential dangers of intertwining their world with those unacquainted with magic.

 

Standing beside Dumbledore, Minato also shook his head, mirroring the wizard's sentiment of responsibility and caution. "I'm sorry, but it's too risky on my end," he added.

 

"M— mayor! Would that be okay?" stuttered the tanuki, apprehension evident in his voice.

 

"It's fine, Tom. Besides, we could use more liveliness in our towns. So many wonderful and exciting stories to be told! Wouldn't you think?" the Mayor replied, his eyes twinkled with anticipation.

 

"Uh— um. Sure, it would be nice, but would that mean we should build more houses or uh," Tom trailed off, uncertainty coloring his words. His raccoon tail swayed from side to side, a nervous habit that betrayed his usual composed demeanor.

 

"Since it's a temporary visit, tents will do unless those wish to make our world their new home, then, we might think about it later," the Mayor reassured,

 

Tom nodded eagerly. "Okay, Mayor, you're right. Yes, yes," he chimed in

 

The Mayor offered a warm smile, his eyes crinkling with thought. "We might as well wait for Kazuhiro to arrive to see how this travel process works," he suggested, thinking ahead to the logistics that would soon need to be addressed.

 

No sooner had he spoken than the sound of footsteps approached. "Speak of the devil," he chuckled, amused by the timely arrival.

 

Kazuhiro entered the scene, a bundle of documents clutched in his only functional arm while his other arm hung limply at his side. He maintained a composed demeanor. As he reached the counter, he carefully set down the ream of contracts.

 

He handed a document to Minato, who accepted it composedly. "Read it well, and if you wish to join," Kazuhiro continued, retrieving a pen from his chest pocket and setting it down on the nearest flat surface, "you simply have to sign it." His gaze met Minato's, who responded with a firm nod, understanding the importance of the agreement he was about to scrutinize.

 

Meanwhile, the Mayor, buoyed by the energetic discussion about potential visits to his world, rushed up to Kazuhiro with a wide smile. "Ah, Kazuhiro! Perfect timing," he exclaimed. "We were just conversing with these people about them possibly visiting our world."

 

Kazuhiro's reply came in his characteristic monotone as he glanced down at the Mayor and then back at the group of refugees to whom the Mayor had been referring. Observing a few nods among them, he addressed the practical aspects of such a venture. "If they wish to visit your world, and you have no issues with it, then it's fine. However, they still have to pay a fee, comply with the traveling rules, and get one of the workers' approval, including mine." The small Mayor's response was a quick, affirming nod at the conditions.

 

"If I may, Mr. Fujii?" Dumbledore asked, his tone conveying both respect and a seasoned scholar's curiosity. Kazuhiro acknowledged the request with a subtle nod, an indication of his permission. Dumbledore's hand, steady despite his age, reached out and carefully selected one of the papers from the stack. He held the document before him, his eyes narrowing slightly as he scrutinized the fine print. His expression was one of deep concentration, reflective of his vast experience in dealing with contracts and magical agreements.

 

The agreement that Dumbledore scrutinized contained straightforward provisions centered around respect, etiquette, and ethical conduct, an essential framework designed to facilitate interaction among diverse entities from different worlds. The simplicity of the document was a relief; it lacked any binding clauses that would overly commit one to unforeseen obligations, focusing instead on fostering a harmonious environment for all adventurers and residents. It didn't demand constant activity and conspicuously lacked any mention of renewal requirements for the identification card.

 

"Can I bring this document with me, Kazuhiro-San?." Minato voiced, skeptical with the document at hand, as he has to share the report of this place before enaging in any of it's activities. 

 

"Do as you wish, Minato. You can leave, and if you want to come back, simply envision the market and it will show itself." Kazuihiro faced in the direction of the ninja as he received a silent firm nod. Those around watched as Minato turned and headed to the exit, with each step leading him further to the outside world with the document in hand, a clear proof to this mysterious domain.

 

.

 

.

[Somewhere in the Land of Fire.]

As Minato stepped out, the creak of the door echoing softly behind him, he paused to take in the surroundings. The sky was still dark, draped in the deep blues of a night that seemed reluctant to yield to dawn. He walked a few steps away from the door, his mind still processing the recent events.

 

Turning around for a final glance, Minato's eyes sharpened as the door that had been attached to a tree, the very portal through which he had just stepped, was gone, as if it had never existed.

 

+Minato POV+

 

'It's gone.' The thought echoed in his mind, The door's disappearance felt almost like a trick of the mind, yet he knew it was all too real. Dismissing the anomaly as he had other matters to attend to, he redirected his focus towards the campsite.

 

As he approached, the remnants of a recently extinguished fire greeted him, its embers still glowing faintly in the darkness. Suddenly, two figures jumped down from a nearby tree, breaking the quiet.

 

"Sensei!"

"Sensei!" 

 

Both Rin and Obito exclaimed simultaneously, their voices laced with concern. They rushed towards him, their expressions filled with questions about his absence. Yet, amidst the reunion, Minato noticed the absence of another.

 

"Keep it down, you two," Minato's voice was calm and had a soft smile glad to see the two are well. But that changed immediately bringing a sense of order. "Have you seen Kakashi anywhere?" His question cut through the brief joy of their greeting, bringing an edge of seriousness to the conversation.

 

"H— he left to inform the hokage." Minato's gaze quickly shifted to Rin as she explained Kakashi's whereabouts. 

 

'What? how long have I been gone?' The thought barely had time to settle in Minato's mind when sudden rustles from above interrupted his pondering. Four shinobi dropped down from the trees, landing with ease of a seasoned ninja. The presence of one jonin and three chunin, identifiable by their flak jackets.

 

"Minato? I thought we were told that something happened?" one of the newly arrived shinobi, a jonin, asked, his brow was raised as he scanned Minato's figure.

 

Minato quickly reassured them, his tone calm yet assertive. "There was an issue, but it has been dealt with." His eyes scanned the group, assessing them "How long was this report received?" he inquired, trying to piece together the timeline and gauge the duration of his unexpected journey.

 

The jonin, stepping forward with a respectful nod, responded, "It took us an hour to arrive at max speed, judging by the kid, it might have taken him longer."

 

Minato acknowledged the response from the group of four shinobi with a nod. "Then I have to trouble you four to escort the clients to their destination. I have an urgent matter that I need to report to the Hokage."

 

We'll take care of it," one of the jonin replied, his tone resolute, signaling their readiness to handle the situation.

 

"Right, Obito, Rin. We are heading back," Minato said, turning to his students. He could see the confusion in their eyes; they were trying to piece together the events that had unfolded in his absence.

 

As they moved swiftly through the trees, leaping from branch to branch, Minato adjusted his pace to ensure he didn't outpace Rin and Obito. He was keenly aware of the need to maintain team cohesion, especially after the disorientation of his unexpected absence.

 

"Did something happen, Minato sensei?" Rin's voice was laced with concern as she followed closely behind him.

 

"Yeah, you have been gone for some time now," Obito added, supporting Rin's inquiry.

 

"I can't discuss this as of now," Minato responded, his voice steady yet gentle to soften the blow of his evasion." I need to inform the Hokage first." He could sense their eyes on the papers he carefully held, the two suspected that it had to do with the documents in hand, which added another layer of mystery to his recent absence

 

.

 

.

 

.

 

.

 

8