Chapter 1: The game…
51 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.
Announcement

I was bored so I wrote this, updates will be when I feel like to but I'm determined to see this through.

This is an experiment really, I don't want to just write smut, I want to write characters going through emotional experiences, relationships and just things I haven't tackled yet in writing. 

Anyways, hope you like it!

 

"What kind of broken game is this??"

He mumbled, seeing the old analog pocket he just found near the dumpster after throwing his trash.

Curious, he couldn't help but pick it up and play the only game on it. Except, half the screen was blurry, and only the stats of the character could be seen.

Physical stats

Agility:1

Strength:1

Stamina:1

Dexterity:1

 Nonphysical stat.

Luck:1

Charm:1

 Alocatable points:10

 And that was it. Ryan pondered what the hell he was doing looking through this near the trashbins. And so he moved back to his apartment while thinking of exploring the game more.

He wanted to increase the stats he usually uses, like strength, agility, dexterity, and, of course, stamina.

He reached his apartment and headed inside, it wasn’t the messiest apartment ever but some crumpled paper where thrown here and there and some part of the wall were splattered with paint.

He increased his luck to 3.

Luck:1-3

Then he shook his head. ‘What am I doing?' he questioned himself.

So he got back to what he planned before as he sat down on his bed and increased his stamina.

Stamina: 1-3

Suddenly the screen on the game flickered, and next thing is, the upper right of screen suddenly turned black, leaving Luck and Charm left to be seen.

"Why the fuck am I bothering with this?"

He mumbled, tired of it, so he allocated all of his points to luck but pressed the wrong button, and all his points went into charms.

Charm 1-7

When the number changed suddenly...

"Argh!" He felt a jolt of electricity sent to his hands as he promptly let the game g,o it fell to the ground with a thud, smoking and clearly broken.

"The hell?!"

He cursed and jumped at what just happened.

"My luck sure increased, didn't it??"

He clicked his tongue, massaging his hands.

After that, he kicked the damn thin into the corner of the room.

He went to the bathroom to have a shower and saw himself in the mirror, with black, messy hair and grey eyes. He was about 1.81m tall and quite fit.

He wasn't ugly by any means, but he wasn't handsome either; he was just above average. Or at least that's what the girl who rejected him politely said.

After taking a shower, he went to bed to check if there were any commissions, and finding nothing, he promptly fell asleep after looking some videos on his phone.


"Ohh! Two commissions! What a great morning!"

Ryan said in joy while brushing his teeth...

He scrolled through his requests and found out it wasn't hard. He sent a chat to them, saying he was available for a call if they wanted to have a clear objective for their commissions later.

"Let's see. That's 100 bucks. Along with this, it's a bit more complicated, so asking for 150 shouldn't be too much, right? Then with this, I would earn 250 bucks in a week!"

Giddy with optimism, he put on his clothes without eating breakfast and headed to work.

"Good morning Ryan"

"Good morning, Mrs. Holly."

"Hey Ryan..."

"Hey Keith.."

He said hello to his neighbors and promptly walked to his work since it was just two blocks away.

 Along the way, Ryan felt weird... Was it him? Or did people glance at his way too much today?

He shook his head at this thought, wondering why he was such a narcissistic person on such a wonderful morning.

He reached the fast-food restaurant.

"Ahh, Ryan. Can you help Joseph in the back? He's bringing in supplies."

"Yes, ma'am, I will."

The first one he saw was a middle-aged, short-brown-haired woman with a nice rack and a large behind. She had soft brown eyes as well, and even though he had a child already, her body was immaculate. Especially in those tight clothes she was wearing. She was Jean Hayford; no, it's Jean Arabella now after the recent divorce.

He hated working in the service industry, but it was one of the easiest among the others to get a job in. But working in restaurants was at the top of his list he discovered he didn't want to be working because he hated the rush hours. Especially in a restaurant where every day is rush hours, one of the reasons he stayed was her.

Was it his imagination? Or did her eyes linger on him longer than usual before she turned around? Ryan didn't forget to take a quick glance at her ass before moving away.

She was the owner of the restaurant, so nobody wanted to mess with her. The good thing was she wasn't one of those bosses who is hard on their employees. As long as you do your job, then everything's fine, even after the divorce two weeks ago.

He headed towards the back and saw Joseph, the short black-haired man and a bit lanky but taller than him, hauling a package inside.

"Oh, you're here! Come help me with this."

He immediately helped him, and after getting the supplies in, more workers entered the restaurant as it was close to opening time.

"Hmm? Did something happen? You look... better this morning?"

Joseph said to him with raised eyebrows.

Ryan simply tilted his head, wondering what he meant when something flashed through his mind...

"Ah, well, I woke up with two commissions to me this morning." Ryan grinned, proud.

"Ah, that must be it," he said, yet there was still a bit of confusion in his eyes.

Ryan tilted his head at this but ignored it.

Soon it was opening time, and Ryan thought he’d spend the day again, working like he had no hope for his future, but something was different.

Ryan smiled wryly at the three chuckling high school girls.

"Sorry, I mistook the order."

"No, it's okay. Ahh, Ryan?"

One of the girls read his name, which was plastered on his chest, as the three girls chuckled.

Confused, he just showed his usual smile and left the table.

"Ah, can I help you with that?"

Ryan said to the mother who was trying to calm her crying toddler. He grabbed a baby seat and presented it to her. The mother, who was quite young, was about to say something to him but stopped when he saw him and said, “Ah, thank you."

Ryan helped her settle the baby, and he tried making faces at the little human, and the baby giggled in laughter.

The mother was amazed by this “Woah, I never saw her immediately calm down like that. You have a way with kids."

Ryan showed a shy smile at this, as he didn't know what to say to it, he doesn't receive this type of compliment often.

"No, I think your baby is just wonderful," he said.

"Oh, thank you," the mother said as she placed her hand on his and thanked him with a pleased smile.

And for the umpteenth time today he wondered, Was it his imagination? Or did her eyes linger on his lips?

 

Btw, please do watch out for grammar mistakes as I'm sure there are plenty. It'll help me out greatly.

Hope you enjoyed the chapter!

1