I’m pregnant
937 3 11
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

In a dark room, a woman was lying on her bed. Her eyes were puffed red, revealing endless pain and despair; tears stained her pallid cheeks unveiled her desolation.

'Everyone left me one by one; my child, my brother, my dad, and now my mom. They're all gone. Faded away from my life one by one.' Her heart was numb.

'All that's only left for me are the pain and guilt of the past with no hope for the future.' She thought with a bitter smile on her face.

Dragging her tired, lethargic body to the bathroom, she splashed cold water on her face; but this didn't seem to calm her inexplicably gloomy heart. She looked at the mirror with a self-depreciative smile, "It won't wash away the stains on your conscience." She said to the face in the mirror.

Searching for sleeping pills in the cabinet beside the mirror, she made up her mind.

'If I take them all, will I get my retribution?' She felt her heart was already dead, yet after making this decision, she felt so relaxed.

Just as she turned around, her eyes fell on the dustbin nearby. Noticing something familiar in it, she picked it up.

Her body seems to have been electrocuted.

It was a 'pregnancy strip.'

A pregnancy strip with two red lines on it!

She grasped it tightly upon picking up, afraid that it'll disappear and it would be just an illusion.

Confused as to why such a thing still existed in her cold bathroom, she turned her head to look at the mirror again. This time she looked carefully and felt her head exploding, her numb heart started beating vigorously again. A familiar yet unfamiliar face appeared in front of her.

What she saw was a woman in her prime, her glossy tousled bob cut shined under the light, and her pale face had a hint of glow. It contrasted to her then long unkempt hair and lifeless countenance.

"I had this haircut many years ago… Didn't I...?"

She touched her face; a clean face with no wrinkles, no dark circles.

She stroked her clothes; she wore a white full-sleeve shirt and a black skirt reaching her knees.

'This was how I used to dress years ago. What's going on?!

Baffled, she frantically ran from the bathroom to the bedroom, living room, and then to the study.

Yes, it was her old home or rather, her ex-husband's house. That's when she saw the date on the calendar hanging on the wall.

Reborn!? Furthermore, it was a decade ago when she was 28!

She stood bewildered.

'Is this...real? This is not a dream, right...?' Slapping her face, to wake up. 'It's doesn't seem like it.' she thought to herself.

She stared blankly for a few minutes; in her mind, a thousand thoughts raced per second before she finally acknowledged the fact that she was given a second chance at life.

She verified the date again and again from the calendar.

'Everyone is still alive at this point. I definitely won't let the tragedy of the past repeat itself!' She thought and clenched the strip.

Moreover, she was still pregnant…

'The two lines on the result window of the pregnancy strip which felt like prison bars in my last life will be my wings this time.' She thought with a great deal of determination.

She caressed her belly and cried: "Baby, thank you for coming to me again. Mommy's sorry for not appreciating you in the past."

The woman was Ira Lu who believed that she deserved death for her sins. With her last relative, her mom, gone she had no will to live.

She was trying to kill herself, but God gave her a chance to right all the wrongs she committed in her past life.

She was lost in her thoughts when suddenly, she felt a warm hand gripping her wrist of the hand that was holding the pregnancy strip.

"Are you… pregnant?" An anxious but sharp voice broke her chain of thoughts.

Vivan, her husband, was 27 now, but ironically looked the same when he was 37. In the past, during those years he still remained handsome as ever while the happenings on her family and burden of the company took a toll on her face.

Vivan came to her mother's funeral in her past life. Ira did not meet him in fear of letting him see her wretched appearance. She saw him secretly.

He, her ex who had a ring on his finger, had a wife, had a kid…

Back from the troubling past, she glanced at his ring finger.

Like that time, he still has a ring, a wife, a kid but unlike then, it was now replaced by their engagement ring, and she was 'The wife bearing his child' now. Just thinking about this a sense relief washed over her. She closed her eyes taking a deep breath.

He pulled her hand to observe the strip: "Are you pregnant?" He asked again, prodding.

Ira, who was overwhelmed with emotions didn't reply and just stared at him. Guilt rushed from the bottom of her heart, followed by large teardrop and a sore nose as she cried and wailed like a child.

Vivan Shah was confused, to say the least. Scratching his head, he wondered how to react in this situation. The woman hated his mere touch much less his hugs and kisses. He extended his arms slightly but retracted them back. It was then that he felt pressure on his chest. Realizing that it was Ira who is attached to him like a koala bear, he shivered in pleasure. He was on cloud nine.

Just as he was about to hug her back, she suddenly covered her mouth and retched as if she was going to vomit.

"Are you sick? Let's go to the hospital! Have you eaten something bad?!" Vivan panicked as he held her with trembling hands.

"Viv, you idiot. I'm pregnant. It is merely morning sickness. It has been two months already." She hugged him tight and started weeping once again.

11