Abort my child?
672 1 8
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Just as Vivan started to paint a happy family in his mind with Ira and his cute baby, his hopes were instantly crushed. A worried look was apparent on his face as he looked at Ira's tablet.

"Do you want to abort my child?" Vivan's stare was cruel enough to suck her soul instantly. The only other time she experienced his anger was during their discussion that led to their divorce.

She bowed her head to avoid his hurtful expression and questioning eyes. He held her chin forcing her to look at him and again asked: "Do you want to abort our child?"

Ira's mind was chaotic, empty and messy.

'How did he know about it?'

 Absentmindedly she stuttered. "No… No… I..."

"How do you explain this?" Vivan showed her the tablet which read: 

-History online searches - 

How to terminate a 4-week pregnancy

Abortion clinic nearby

Illegal abortion clinics

Intrauterine device for contraception

Medical Termination of pregnancy

"No… No… Viv, listen to me. It's just a misunderstanding! I got scared with the sudden news and searched randomly with no meaning." Panic-stricken, she somehow tried to make excuses for her irresponsible behavior.

She forgot that the past her had decided to abort the child after she knew of its existence. She searched for ways to terminate her pregnancy online. She unknowingly slept and kept the tablet open! 

His faced changed slightly. Vivan suppressed his anger and still asked insecurely while he grabbed her shoulders: "No meaning?"

He was waiting for her earnest reply with a sincere gaze.

Ira defended, "Absolutely none."

Taking her hand into his arms, he urged her eagerly: "You promise to take care of our baby."

Ira nodded immediately. "I promise."

Viv didn't pry into it further. He ignored the matter and just blamed it for the anxiety that comes with pregnancy. 

He calmly said, "Ira, I know you are worried as to how you would cope up with our child and your career altogether. Remember, I will always be there for you. We will take baby steps to our future." Brushing the back of her hand with his fingers, he added: "Don't worry, let's go with the flow. You're a strong woman; I know you will be a good mom." 

Lowering her eyes, she bit her lips. 'This man was always so understanding and considerate to me.' She was ashamed of herself.

Ira was a tyrant. After the death of her father, many feared the cold and decisive her.

Her dad was a successful businessman, a self-made man. She admired him the most and wanted to continue his legacy. She had a dream to expand their company to the far corners of the world. 

In her previous lifetime, Ira never wanted to have a child. This was just an accident because she forgot to take a few doses of contraceptives. 

Being a career oriented, rather, a selfish woman, the first thing she did when she knew about her pregnancy was: having an abortion!

It was done in an illegal clinic since she can't let her husband know about it. It's not that she was scared of him; instead, she thought he would telltale her dad, thereby ending her dreams. She was still fighting for the position of CEO of the Company.

Following which after half a month later, she inserted an IUD, which could stay for 5 Years at the least…

Who would have thought that this contraception failed as well!

She was pregnant again when she was 30. This time she was preparing herself to accept her child with gratitude. However, there was no fate between her and the child anymore.

God may have deliberately prevented her from giving birth to this child. 

She still remembers that dark night, the beginning of her ruin. 

___________________________________________

Past Life, When Ira was 30 years old.

Coming straight from the office, she ran straight into the washroom when she felt constant pain in her lower abdomen. 

She felt that her body was torn into halves; she was suffocated by the bolt of pain that struck in her abdomen. "Ahhh!"

 

Blood ran down through her thighs, and it dripped down on the ground. She took a deep breath, and she placed her hand on her lower abdomen to, at least, ease the pain she's feeling. 

Vivan rushed inside the bathroom when he heard her cry, breaking the door in the process. Ira was wailing on the floor of the washroom, a stream of blood running from her legs.

Her face was pale, one hand holding her abdomen, and the other hand was clenching his wrist. "My stomach hurts." She cried to Vivan.

He picked her up then rushed to the hospital.

8