Chapter 47: The Preparation
5 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

One of the Researcher Division wizards appeared to realize something.

“Doesn’t it sound like we can do it? Except for the third steps.”

One of his comrades nearby turned to him.

“You mean, we have to cooperate with our targets?”

This wizard nodded.

“Yes, there’s no other way.”

The Researcher leader continued speaking.

“The First Wizard provided additional notes related to how to remove summoned magic cores. Phoenix Resurrection Ritual Magic Spell will try to save a Phoenix’s soul, even a Phoenix automaton. By making the Phoenix automaton a substitute for the real one, it will remove the summoned magic core of the Phoenix leader. The First Wizard also warns that under certain conditions, there is the possibility of other outcomes occurring as a risk.”

The researcher division wizards were shocked.

“So, there’s a possibility that something worse might occur?”

The researcher leader’s expression turned serious; he then nodded.

“That’s why we have to do it based on the previous three steps.”

The other wizards nodded; the expression of one of them turned serious.

“Its still good news, but we have to find a way to get the Phoenix leader to be above the magic circle we have created and somehow make it stay above it until the Phoenix Ressurection Ritual Magic Spell is finished.”

The other Researcher division wizards were surprised. The researcher leader continued speaking.

“For now, what we can do is create the magic circle first. We’d better do it immediately because its quite complicated to make.”

The other Researcher Division’s expressions turned serious, and nodded; they then got up from their seats.

Sometime later, the Researcher leader and other researcher division wizards were inside the hangar where the gigantic Phoenix Leader automaton was previously kept and had completed drawing the magic circle of the Phoenix Resurrection Ritual Magic Spell, which had a diameter of ten meters; they drew it on a cloth so that it could be moved. The researcher leader and other wizards were breathing heavily because they were trying to make this magic circle as quickly as possible. The Researcher leader drew his sword from the scabbard at his waist and then pressed the sword’s tip against the magic circle before him.

“Magic Circle Redraw.”

The magic circle glowed from the part touched by the researcher leader’s sword tip and spread until finally, all parts of the magic circle glowed and dimmed again. The Researcher leader pulled his sword back; what he did was also done by the other wizards. Not long after, a wizard descended the elevator from the control room and walked hurriedly toward the researcher leader.

“There is important news from Defense Personnel, sir.”

The Researcher leader was surprised; he then walked away.

When they arrived at the control room, the expressions of several Researcher Division wizards looked astonished and curious. The Researcher leader stood before one of the monitors.

“This is Researcher leader; do you have any news you want to convey?”

A defense personnel’s voice was heard on the computer voice communication.

“Yes, Phoenix leader has just been defeated.”

The Researcher leader was surprised.

“Defeated? Can you explain in more detail?”

Elsewhere, one of the defense personnel who contacted the control room observed the frozen Phoenix leader on top of one of the skyscrapers in the distance with an astonished expression.

“Yes of course. While we were busy evacuating the citizens to a safer place, our targets from outside the universe managed to defeat the Phoenix using ice elemental magic spells and froze it.”

The Researcher leader looked at the row of computer monitors on the control desk before him and found that the Phoenix leader’s condition had significantly changed but was far from bad. The researcher leader’s expression turned serious.

“Attention to all defense personnel to remain alert, whether the Phoenix has already defeated or not, because its still has magical energy that gradually increased inside its body that might caused it to wake up again at any time.”

In various corners of the city, dozens of defense personnel were shocked to hear the warning, and their attention turned to the frozen Phoenix leader on top of one of the skyscrapers in the distance. One of the defense personnel’s expressions turned serious.

“That Phoenix still hasn’t been defeated? How can that be….”

The defense personnel contacted his other comrades in various corners of the city using a single earphone connection.

“Attention to the all defense personnel, get ready to attack the Phoenix again.”

In another location in the city, one of the defense personnel’s expression turned serious; he then replied through his earphone connection.

“Understood, sir.”

They then rode their flying broomsticks away through the night sky covered with Glass Walls magic spell.

Back to Alton, Furano, and Daganzo, they still hovering on their broomsticks near the frozen Phoenix leader. Daganzo observed the Phoenix in astonishment. Furano watched Alton with a curious expression.

“I don’t know what to answer.”

Alton smiled.

“It’s okay, Furano.”

Furano watched Alton curiously. Alton smiled gently.

“Can I hope that one day you will fall in love with me?”

Furano was surprised; she then smiled.

On the other hand, Dozens of defense personnel in various city locations began to ride their flying broomsticks closer to the frozen Phoenix. Not long after, they received further instructions regarding the plan to recreate the Phoenix Resurrection magic spell through their earphone connection. The Researcher leader continued speaking.

“Therefore, you have to make the targets cooperate with us.”

The defense personnel’s expressions turned astonished.

“Understood, sir. We’ll try to negotiate with them.”

In the control room, the Researcher leader’s expression turned serious.

“Their cooperation is needed to increase the chances of successful to recreating the Phoenix Resurrection Magic Spell.”

The defense personnel’s expressions turned serious.

“Understood, sir.”

The defense personnel continued to ride their flying broomsticks toward the Phoenix.

Not long after, dozens of defense personnel rode their broomsticks while carrying Existence swords in their hands, arrived near the Phoenix. Alton, Furano, and Daganzo’s attention turned to dozens of defense personnel surrounding them and the Phoenix from various directions. The three expressions turned serious; they entered an alert stance, ready to attack with magic. Behind his mask, Daganzo’s expression turned serious.

“We have defeated this Phoenix; at least, let us go.”

One of the defense personnel’s expressions turned serious.

“Sorry, we can’t do that.”

Behind his mask, Daganzo was surprised, as were Alton and Furano. The defense personnel continued speaking.

“We want to negotiate with you three to cooperate in defeating the Phoenix. Or rather, we need your help....”

Furano, Alton, and Daganzo’s expressions turned astonished; they then quit their alert stances. Daganzo replied.

“What do you mean? We have already defeated this Phoenix.”

The defense personnel shook his head.

“Unfortunately, that is not the information we received. The control room still detects if this Phoenix still has magical energy that gradually increased inside its body.”

Alton, Furano, and Daganzo were surprised and immediately turned to the frozen Phoenix, which showed no change from before. Furano’s expression turned astonished.

“If we look at the Phoenix again, it was just frozen in the ice, and our attacks haven’t done any significant damage to its automaton body.”

Daganzo nodded.

“That Phoenix power is still affecting its automaton body.”

Alton appeared to realize something.

“Should we cooperate with defense personnel?”

Daganzo and Furano’s expressions looked doubtful. Daganzo answered.

“I won’t force you, but I will still try to defeat the Phoenix.”

Furano smiled.

“I haven’t changed my mind and will help you.”

Alton smiled.

“I also haven’t changed my mind either to help.”

Behind his mask, Daganzo was surprised; he then smiled. Daganzo then nodded. The defense personnel continued speaking.

“Therefore, we hope for your cooperation.”

Daganzo, Alton, and Furano turned to the defense personnel, who continued speaking.

“We have no orders to arrest you three and prioritize to defeat the Phoenix. If you guys want to go, I’ll let it.”

Behind his mask, Daganzo smiled.

“You don’t need to ask, we also want to defeat the Phoenix.”

The defense personnel smiled.

“Alright, let’s do this.”

The defense personnel rode their flying broomsticks toward the Phoenix and lined up on the right and left of the three and surround the Phoenix. The defense personnel turned to Daganzo.

“We got instructions on how to stop this Phoenix.”

The defense personnel then told Alton, Daganzo, and Furano about their plan to recreate the Phoenix Resurrection Magic Spell; they were surprised to hear it. Behind his mask, Daganzo’s expression turned curious.

“So that’s why you want to cooperate with us?”

The defense personnel nodded.

“Yes, you three will be the determinant of success or failure of this plan.”

The Defense personnel took out three small notebooks from his overcoat’s inner pocket and handed them to Daganzo, Alton, and Furano; the three accepted them with astonished and curious expressions. They then opened the notebooks containing writings of a long incantation. The defense personnel resumed talking.

“When the Phoenix is above the magic circle, you three must concentrate on reading the incantation until it is finished, but there is no need to start and end it at the same time.”

Daganzo turned to Furano and Alton; they then nodded to each other. Daganzo turned to the defense personnel.

“Okay, we understand.”

The defense personnel nodded. Daganzo appeared to realize something.

“Has the magic circle we need been created?”

0