Chapter 49: Fire Form of the Phoenix
5 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The magic core on the gigantic Phoenix leader automaton’s chest burned brighter and fiercely, and the glowing patterns in the gaps in the joints all over its body became brighter; the fire burning in the magic core then quickly spread within its body and was visible from the gaps in the joints all over its body. Soon after, a gigantic fire explosion centered on the Phoenix spread everywhere, instantly destroying the ice imprisoning it.

Daganzo, Furano, and the defense personnel in various locations around the Phoenix were able to escape in time. Alton, closest to the Phoenix, was almost unable to escape; the fire blast was only a few inches behind him, slightly burning the back end of his broomstick. The fire spread in all directions enormously and destroyed the rows of framed window panes of the surrounding skyscrapers and burned several floors, as well as the framed window panes on the skyscraper below the Phoenix where it was perched and burned many floors below it. The gigantic fire explosion also spread upwards; the four defense personnel holding a cloth with a magic circle drawing immediately let go of this cloth and rode their broomsticks away. The fire explosion then hit the cloth and burned it; the burned cloth fell to the Phoenix and burned down to pieces.

Alton stopped his flying broomstick and put out the fire, slightly burning the back end of his broomstick. Alton’s attention was drawn to the Phoenix, which was now burning with fiery flames from the magic core and inside its body and coming out of the gaps in the joints throughout its body, and its entire gigantic body was burning with fiery flame blaze. The Phoenix spread its fire wings and flapped them several times, creating fire blasts that spread far from the Phoenix. Alton’s expression turned serious.

“What happened to the Phoenix?”

Furano watched the Phoenix with a worried expression as she thought.

“So, this is why the XP panel isn’t showing up....”

Furano answered through her earphone connection.

“I don’t know either, its looks very different than before.”

Behind his mask, Daganzo was surprised; he then turned to the defense personnel beside him.

“What happened to the Phoenix?”

The Defense personnel’s expression turned confused.

“I’ll find out.”

He then contacted the control room through his earphone.

“This is the defense personnel. The frozen Phoenix is now burning powerfully.”

In the control room. The researcher division, which operated the control desk, was shocked because they detected a powerful magical energy that suddenly formed from the Phoenix. The Researcher leader’s expression turned serious.

“To all defense personnel please be careful, the Phoenix enters the fire form, its highest form of power. I don’t suggest you get too close to the Phoenix.”

Back at the location near Phoenix, this defense personnel turned towards Daganzo.

“This phoenix entered its fire form, we were warned not to get too close to it.”

Daganzo nodded; he then also informed Furano and Alton through his earphone. At a different location, Furano watched the Phoenix with a worried expression; she then replied through her earphone.

“Understood, it will be increasingly difficult to carry out the plan to recreate the Phoenix Resurrection Magic Spell.”

In another location, Alton watched the Phoenix in astonishment.

“Even my Ice Dagger attacks are no longer effective against it, can this Phoenix really be defeated?”

Back to the Burned Phoenix, it looked around warily. Not long after, the Phoenix slashed its burned right wing forward, and a massive crescent-shaped flame shot quickly toward the defense personnel and Daganzo; they immediately evaded in various directions. The crescent-shaped flame passed them and hit the top edge of a taller skyscraper from where the Phoenix was; the top three floors of that skyscraper were cut at an angle, and the cut marks burst into flames; part of the building that was cut off then fell and destroyed the road below. One of the defense personnel’s expressions turned serious; he then communicated through his earphone.

“Did that Phoenix just cut that building from afar?”

One of the defense personnel’s expressions near Daganzo turned serious.

“There is no other choice, we have to lure the Phoenix into the hangar so it doesn’t cause further damage.”

Alton, Furano, and other defense personnel immediately rode their flying broomsticks away. One of the defense personnel beside Daganzo said.

“Who knows what other kinds of attacks it can do, we have to quickly make it fly so it doesn’t use its wings to attack anymore.”

Behind his mask, Daganzo’s expression turned serious.

“Leave it to me.”

Daganzo rides his flying broomstick towards the Phoenix and stops still quite a distance away. Daganzo concentrated.

“Ice Slash.”

Ice spread quickly on Daganzo’s sword blade; he then slashed it towards the Phoenix. A huge crescent-shaped ice shot quickly toward the Phoenix and hit it, but the ice shattered instantly and had no effect on it. Behind his mask, Daganzo was surprised as he thought.

“The ice magic spell doesn’t have any effect on it anymore, how can we keep him above the magic circle?”

The Phoenix turned to Daganzo and surprised him; he immediately rode his flying broomstick away from the Phoenix.

The Phoenix spread its two gigantic wings, then flew away from the top of the skyscraper where it was standing, leaving flames burning at the top of the building. Furano, Alton, and dozens of other defense personnel rode their broomsticks and approached Daganzo from the side. One of the defense personnel said.

“We will create a formation that confuses the Phoenix so that we doesn’t get hit by its attacks and makes it follow us.”

Daganzo nodded. The fire form Phoenix was flying fast and would soon catch up with them. Dozens of other defense personnel flew after the Phoenix from behind it and watched it.

The Phoenix chases the targets before it across the night sky covered in glass walls magic spells. The Phoenix opened its burned beak; one of the defense personnel observing and chasing the Phoenix from behind communicated through his earphone.

“The Phoenix opened its beak and ready to attack.”

Dozens of defense personnel lured the Phoenix from the front were shocked; they then looked behind them, making Daganzo, Alton, and Furano also look back.

The Phoenix breathed a powerful burst of flame forward; they immediately evaded to the right or left. A massive flame burst past them; the Phoenix then directed it toward the direction the defense personnel was evading; they formed a formation that would split in two and then come together again to confuse the Phoenix. The Phoenix directed its flame burst at defense personnel, who continued to evade, causing its flame bursts to hit buildings and burn them. One of the defense personnel following from behind the Phoenix communicated through his earphone.

“Ask other defense personnel to handle the burning parts of the city.”

One of the defense personnel hovered on his broomsticks in another location, answered through his earphone.

“Understood, sir.”

These dozens of defense personnel flew closer to the buildings burning by the Phoenix’s fire and began extinguishing it with magic.

Sometime later, the Wizards Government of Spain’s central building began to appear in the very far distance. One of the defense personnel beside Daganzo then communicated via his single earphone.

“To the control room, we will be there soon.”

In the control room, the Researcher leader monitored Phoenix’s condition through the monitors on the control desk before him.

“Understood, lead it to the hangar on the 57th floor through the door that has been opened.”

This defense personnel replied.

“Understood, sir.”

They continued riding their broomstick, and the Phoenix followed them according to their plan.

Elsewhere, dozens of defense personnel and Scout Division members hovered on their broomsticks around the skyscraper of the Wizards Government of Spain, Central Building, carrying Existence swords in one of their hands. They noticed the Phoenix’s arrival in the very far distance. On the 50th floor, the Scout leader was standing with a curious expression, facing a row of tall framed glass panes in one of the waiting rooms on this floor, and saw the fire form Phoenix leader, giving off a bright light of fire blaze, approached this building. The Scout leader’s expression turned astonished.

“You didn’t manage to control the powerful power of the Phoenix perfectly, did you, The First Wizard...”

The Scout leader’s expression turned serious; he then communicated through his single earphone.

“The Phoenix is approaching, get ready to lure it into the hangar.”

In one of the locations around the building, one of the Scout Division wizards replied via his single earphone.

“Understood, sir.”

The Scout Division wizards drew their swords from the scabbards at their waists and prepared to attack with magic.

Back to the Phoenix, it’s still chasing Alton, Furano, Daganzo, and the defense personnel before it. One of the defense personnel beside Daganzo said.

“We will separate our formation to suit the hangar conditions and evade the Phoenix attacks.”

Daganzo, Furano, and Alton nodded.

They all continued flying forward; one by one, they began separating themselves from the formation by flying away to the right or left so that the Phoenix remained focused on chasing the wizards flying ahead.

Alton and Furano then also separated from the formation, and the Phoenix remained focused on chasing the target before it, which had a larger number, passing Alton and Furano just like that. Alton and Furano then continued flying with defense personnel from another squad. Alton’s expression turned astonished.

“That was close.”

Furano nodded.

“Right, we almost couldn’t evade.”

Alton watched Furano curiously.

“Furano?”

Furano turned to Alton. Alton smiled.

“Can I ask you something?”

Furano's expression turned curious.

“Of course, Alton.”

Alton smiled gently.

“Is my love for you unrequited?”

Furano was surprised; she then watched Alton curiously.

0