Chapter 58: Another Way Out
6 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Daganzo nodded.

“That might be due to the presence of the Dimensional Gate and this room also has been reinforced with magic circle carvings to withstand powerful magic.”

Alton nodded. Daganzo then light up the lights on the top of the other three tall poles using magic.

At the end of this rectangular room that extends forward, on a surface higher than the floor of this room with a short staircase, were four tall poles with lights on the top that shone towards a tall double gate with embossed patterns decorating it and a gateway decorated with beautiful carvings. This gate surpassed the one story of this building, and paper-like pieces kept disintegrating and disappearing from all over the gateway. Daganzo was surprised to find that the Dimensional Gate was closed; the three ran towards the gate. Alton’s expression turned deadpan.

“The Dimensional Gate was still closed.”

Furano’s expression turned worried.

“We don’t know how long this gate will still be closed like this.”

Behind his mask, Daganzo’s expression turned confused; he then turned to Furano.

“Is there no way to open that gate?”

Furano’s expression turned doubtful.

“I don’t know either, this is the first time I’ve experienced a Dimensional Gate being closed.”

Alton nodded.

“Me too, should we try to open it?”

Daganzo and Furano nodded. They tried to open the gate, but it did not even budge an inch. Behind his mask, Daganzo’s expression turned astonished.

“The Researcher leader said that they haven’t found a way to reopen this gate.”

Alton nodded; he then looked around him momentarily.

“It seems we’re stuck here.”

Daganzo appeared to realize something.

“This gate has been closed for a quite some time, maybe it will open soon. We must hold on until then.”

Furano and Alton nodded. The three took cover behind two huge and tall pillars that rose from the floor to the ceiling in the middle of this room near them. Daganzo stands guard at the pillar on the right, while Furano and Alton are on the left. Alton watched Furano curiously.

“Furano?”

Furano turned toward Alton.

"Before this, we were talking together and you was wearing a wolf ears headband."

Furano watched Alton curiously and nodded.

“Yes, at the library.”

Alton smiled.

“It was only a few hours ago, but why does it feel like it's been a long time?”

Furano smiled.

“Probably because a lot of things have happened today, Alton.”

Alton smiled cheerfully.

"You're so cute wearing that wolf ears headband."

Furano smiled.

“I'm glad you like it.”

Alton watched Furano curiously; he then smiled.

“I like seeing you when you look cool and when you look cute. Then you impressed me again when you look cool and cute at the same time, I really liked it.”

Furano smiled.

"Thank you, Alton."

Alton smiled and nodded. Furano smiled.

"Please fall in love with me, Alton."

Alton watched Furano curiously; he then smiled.

“My feelings are still the same.”

Furano watched Alton curiously. Alton smiled gently.

“I'm already fall in love with you, Furano.”

Furano was surprised; she then smiled.

Back to sometime ago. Outside the room, the Scout wizards looked confused because they kept failing to draw the correct pattern by scratching the tip of their swords to open the door’s magical lock. One of the Scout wizards appeared to realize something.

“This door magical lock seems to have a time gap before it can reopen.”

The Scout wizard’s expression beside him turned serious.

“Keep trying.”

The Scout wizard nodded and repeated drawing the pattern on this door.

Inside the room, Daganzo, Furano, and Alton observed this room entrance door from behind two pillars as they were ready to attack with magic spells using their sword, handgun, and dagger. Not long after, this room entrance door opened inward, and dozens of Scout wizards were hiding behind the walls to the right and left of the entrance outside the room, carefully observing the situation inside the room. One of the Scout wizard’s expressions turned serious.

“Everyone be more alert, they have taken down some of our best Scout wizards. Get ready, we will start attacking them soon.”

The Scout wizards nodded, and one of them replied.

“Understood.”

Four Scout wizards ran into the room, heading towards the two nearest pillars near another end of this room to take cover. Daganzo, Furano, and Alton fired Stun magic spells but only hit one of the Scout wizards, causing him to fall unconscious, while the three Scout wizards managed to reach the pillar on the right side. Not long after, a voice communication was sounded from the Scout wizards’ single earphone.

“Scout wizards who have just entered the room, immediately provide cover attack.”

One of the Scout wizards nodded and replied via the earphone in his left ear.

“Understood.”

The Scout wizards behind then cast Fire Slash and Wind Thrust magic spells toward the three, hitting the pillar reinforced with magic circle carvings and leaving large scratch marks. The Scout wizards continued their attack, making it difficult for Daganzo, Furano, and Alton to momentarily come out of their cover and counter the magic spell attacks.

The Scout wizards observing from outside the room immediately entered, firing Fire Slash and Flame Thrust magic spells. Daganzo and Furano took cover behind the pillars while firing their Stun magic spells, but the Scout wizards could evade by taking cover behind the pillars. The barrage of Scout wizards’ magic spell attacks caught Daganzo, Furano, and Alton off guard; the Scout wizards, taking cover behind the two pillars near the entrance, moved to the next two before them. Daganzo, Furano, and Alton fired Stun magic Spells, and each hit one of the Scout wizards, who moved from their hiding places closer to the three and two new Scout wizards entered the room, causing them to fall unconscious, followed by the appearance of a black panel near Furano.

 

[Scout Division wizard defeated (unconscious)]

 

Furano observed the Scout wizards while taking cover behind the pillars; her expression turned serious as she thought.

“I’d better not use the Phoenix Resurrection skill carelessly before testing it first, I can’t harm the people in this building.”

Dozens of Scout wizards fired Flame Slashes at the three; dozens of Flame Slashes hit the pillars, causing huge flame explosions and large slash marks. The pillars reinforced by magic circle carving were increasingly unable to withstand magic spell attacks.

Furano fired a Stun magic spell at the Scout wizard; she was surprised when a Flame Thrust magic spell in the shape of a sword blade made of flame shot towards her. Furano immediately took cover behind the pillar and managed to evade the Flame Thrust, which shot past her and almost hit her. Furano looked at the still-closed Dimensional Gate with an astonished expression.

“Is the Dimensional Gate still not going to open?”

Furano turned to Daganzo; he was attacked with Stun magic spells while occasionally taking cover behind the pillar, and several magic spell attacks almost hit him. Without Daganzo realizing it, a Scout wizard with grayish-black wind enveloping the Existence sword blade in his left hand arrived behind Daganzo. Furano was surprised; she immediately aimed her handgun at the Scout wizard behind Daganzo and fired a Stun magic spell. The Stun magic spell resembled a flare light shot quickly and hit the Scout wizard, who had fired a Wind Thrust from his sword, causing his aim to far off and cutting Daganzo’s left upper arm slightly and bled it, surprising Daganzo; this Scout wizard then fell unconscious.

 

[Scout Division wizard defeated (unconscious)]

 

Daganzo sat while leaning against the pillar behind him, checking his pretty bad wound as he endured the pain. Furano and Alton watched Daganzo with worried expressions. Furano communicates via her single earphone.

“Are you okay, Daganzo?”

Daganzo turned to Furano and Alton and replied through his single earphone.

“I’m fine; you two can continue to defend. Don’t let your guard down.”

Furano and Alton nodded; they attacked again using the Stun magic spells. The wounded Daganzo stood up, continued firing Stun magic spells, and appeared slightly troubled defending because of the wound on his upper arm. Furano was alert and fired her Stun magic spell several times while taking cover behind a pillar and her cloak until finally, it hit one of the Scout wizards who was half taking cover behind a pillar, causing him to fall unconscious.

 

[Scout Division wizard defeated (unconscious)]

 

Furano turned towards Alton, who was attacking with a Stun magic spell using his Ice Dagger; as he occasionally took cover several times, the enemy’s magic spell almost hit him. Alton turned to Furano with a resigned expression.

“The Scout wizards will be here soon.”

Furano turned towards the Scout wizards, who had reached the third row of pillars while taking cover and would reach them soon. Furano turned to Alton; she then smiled.

“I’ll make sure we get out of here safely, Alton.”

Alton’s expression turned curious; he then nodded. Alton continued swinging his Ice Dagger and fired Stun magic spells toward the Scout wizards who tried to approach their position. Furano’s expression turned worried as she thought.

“We need to get out of here first until the Dimensional Gate open.”

Furano’s expression turned serious.

“Open inventory.”

A black panel with white writing appeared before Furano.

 

[Inventory]

[Image of a medallion x1] [Image of a glass bottle shaped like an Erlenmeyer flask filled with light green liquid x2]

*(Note: Nine item slots available, five per item type)

*(Tips: Go to the chest in the safe town to store more items)

[Close]

 

Furano touched [Image of a medallion x1]; the medallion image enlarged and almost filled the black panel, followed by an explanation:

 

[An image of a medallion with a symbol engraved on both surfaces x1]

[*Item Details

Name: Safe Town Portal Medallion

Rarity: Beyond S

Type: Portal

Skill/Effect Type: Active

Effect: Clutch the medallion until it breaks to activate the portal; after channeling for five seconds, the System user will be teleported to Safe Town (under certain circumstances, it also can teleport non-system users to Safe Town).

Summary: The medallion, which the System users usually use to open a portal that teleported them to Safe Town]

[Sell] [Discard] [Minimize] [Close]

0