The gem and the sorcerer.
23 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

“Leave me alone!” I screamed as I tried to get out of my body the gem that got inside me.

 

I didn’t think something like this would be possible, I mean, I’m so weak right now, where the hell did I get the strength to do this!?

 

“I’ll help you!” Unlla said just as worried as me and she tried to help me push out the gem.

 

I was trying to be hopeful, I don’t know what consequences I’d have to face after this but I knew the consequences wouldn't be good and that thought made me feel so worried, and suddenly when I thought things couldn’t get worse the gem broke and it started to spill something, it was a liquid belonging to the same color of the gem.

 

“Oh no,” those are the only words I managed to say as I realized my body was starting to get painted in the same color as the gem.

 

Little by little, the ink was painting my body, it started with the arm where the gem was sucked into and little by little it started to expand towards one of my legs and it didn’t take too long to move towards other parts of my body, even my clothes were acquiring the color of the gem.

 

“Little girl… What’s the name of the color I have right now?” I asked fully knowing what was the answer.

 

“Red Mr. sorcerer!” She answered in a tone full of anguish and before I could say something another thing happened.

 

I fell on my knees, it seemed like my body was trying to fight the thing that invaded my body and I knew that the fight wasn’t easy because I realized that my body was glowing, this didn’t look good and I had no idea how to save myself from this, the only thing I knew from my surroundings is that time seemed to go slowly than I was expecting, I saw the little girl trying to run towards where I was but she was moving so slowly.

 

And then, it finally happened, my vision started to blur and all the things surrounding me started to distort, they were changing in shape little by little, first, they started to lose their colors and then they were nothing but lines and geometric figures, and suddenly, everything turned into small balls with different colors and some of them seemed to be charged with electricity, some of them ran away from me and others started to feel moved towards me.

 

The surprises didn’t end there because suddenly the small balls were starting to join each other, they were glowing and exploding, there was so much lightning and as the small balls disappeared little by little, in the end, the background looked like the night sky but without stars.

 

“W-what…” I managed to mumble as the balls started to form a figure that reminded me of a human figure, it didn’t look so tall but there’s one thing for certain, this was creating a human form.

 

There was one final explosion and the glow was so shiny that made me look in the other direction, the sound of the explosion was so painful but then, when it ended I looked at the place where the explosion happened and I was surprised to find something, there was a kid in front of me, it was a young boy with red hair and now that he seems clearer, I can't help but think that he looked just like a younger version of myself but with red hair.

 

“W-Who are you?” I asked with confusion. “Are you me?” I knew the question was stupid but nothing else seemed to make sense to me right now.

 

“Well… Apparently, I look like you but no… I’m not you,” the boy said and with that answer, he only increased my doubts further.

 

“Is this even happening I mean…The girl that was beside me was moving slowly,” I scratched the back of my head trying to find some answers as this new entity didn’t want to provide me with anything.

 

The boy remained in silence but it seemed like he was studying me or trying to see what I was, it didn’t take too long before he started to move around the place and then he smirked.

 

“I got one question… Is electricity your element?” he asked with a curious expression.

 

I was surprised he could tell just by looking at me but I nodded slowly.

 

“So that’s what happened,” he said before he giggled. “Well, if we’re going to be part of this plan then I better introduce myself… I’m one of the three gems of the apocalypse, nice to meet you I hope we can bring the end of the universe together!” He said happily as he extended his hand.

 

To say that I was stunned would be an understatement, I was beyond that.

 

“Gems of the… Apocalypse?” I asked completely stunned.

 

“Yes we were created by a crazy sorcerer a thousand years ago, we were created to power up a certain device that would bring the end of the universe, but considering there’s no device here and considering your body is a good vessel well, it seems like you’re the one who will search for my other two brothers and also, you 'll help us search for the device of the apocalypse,” he spoke out of his mind without anything stopping him, he was too honest that it was scary at some point.

 

“But-but I don’t want to destroy the universe, it sucks but I live here, I don’t want to disappear in the nothingness!” I was worried about this.

 

“Don’t worry it won’t be a complete destruction but more like a reset, all the mistakes that happened in this universe will be corrected, and as our vessel, you’ll have the chance to shape the next universe…I’ll even give you power and—” he didn’t have to continue.

 

“I’ll do it,” I said without thinking twice.

 

This was the perfect opportunity to finally live the life I wanted, for a moment I thought about Allee, maybe I could take her with me in the next universe, only time will tell.

 

“Are you sure you should accept so easily?” The boy was surprised at how effortlessly I accepted his proposal.

 

“Yes… There’s nothing for me in this universe, in fact, I was eager for my next reincarnation,” I said with a grim expression I was being honest right now.

 

“Well then… Let’s do it… Let’s bring the apocalypse and reshape the universe!” The young boy extended one arm and I didn’t think twice about it to take it.

 

“I just have one question,” I said as I shared a handshake with him. “Why me?” I was still wondering about this.

 

He suddenly got silent and he had a serious expression.

 

“If you’re asking me about destiny, prophecies, and all that stuff I’m sorry to disappoint you…Everything was a casualty,” he said bluntly and I nodded. “I don’t know if you know this but my brothers and I are nothing but energy, our creator stored his backup energy inside of us, but this backup energy is more than enough to reshape the universe,” His words shocked me, it seems like Jaggi was dealing with some very dangerous stuff.

 

I needed to get in possession of the other gems or else people are in danger, not that it changes things because we’re going to destroy the universe anyway.

 

“I’m glad I found someone so evil, your corrupted soul has been able to contain my power,” he giggled after he said this.

 

“Of course, I would do anything for power,” I wasn’t going to lie, I liked this kid he seemed cool.

 

“I’m glad to hear that, my brothers and I only have one purpose and that is to supply power to the device of the apocalypse, I hope you help us achieve that!” I nodded after he said this. “Well, it’s time to end this conversation, we need to get to work as soon as we can to get my brothers back… Good luck,” he suddenly disappeared in a vortex and I got back to reality.

 

“Mr. Kazz!” I heard someone screaming and little by little I was getting back to reality, my vision was blurred but it didn’t take too long for me to see Unlla once again, she had tears in her eyes.

 

“Little girl… What’s going on? Why are you crying?” I got on my knees to try to comfort her.

 

“You’re back! You suddenly disappeared but then you materialized back!” She said with a soft smile on her face,“ I couldn’t help but smile at her.

 

“Sorry to make you worry… It’s over, I fixed what happened with the gem,” I held my staff and I could feel a little stronger.

 

“Is that so? I’m glad!” She was hopeful, I patted her head and I felt bad, this universe was going to end soon.

 

“Come on, let’s find your sisters and get your mothers back to their normal forms,” I felt confident right now.

 

I was worried about Allee and I gave one last look where she was still fighting Jaggi judging from what I saw, it looked like she was avoiding his attacks. 

 

“Don’t die Allee… I’ll join you soon… You’re paying for this Jaggi,” I said under my breath.

 

I took Unlla’s hand and we started to run towards the room where I was restricted by Jaggi previously, it didn’t take too long for us to find them.

 

“Girls, did you find them?” I asked with a serious expression.

 

“Yes, these are our mothers!” She showed me one figure a pale long-haired woman with blue hair and dressed as if she was a vampire, the other figure was a woman with black skin, long white hair, and red eyes, she was dressed like a butler.

 

“Okay girls… Let me try this…” I said as I tested my powers.

 

I barely touched them and I could hear her screams for help, so, it didn’t take too long for my magic to react and make the women recover their original form.

 

“Mommies!” The girls suddenly launched themselves towards the women who were having a hard time adjusting to reality.

 

However, it seems like it didn’t take too long for their motherly instincts to kick in, because as soon as they did it, they decided to hug their daughters.

 

“Y-You saved us?” Asked the blue-haired woman.

 

“Yes…I tried to, it seems like it worked,” I said before I stared at my hands I was having a hard time believing I made this.

 

“Please help these other girls too!” The woman with the red eyes said and suddenly she searched around the room for a button, and when he pressed it, the room turned into something strange as there were now hundreds of women turned into figures.

 

Thankfully it wasn’t that hard to get them back to their original forms, due to some strange reason, just touching them was more than enough to turn them back into their original forms, it didn’t take too long before they hugged me as thanks. 

 

“Not that I’m complaining because all of you are pretty but… Where are the men of this town?” I asked because I wanted to know the destiny of the citizens of this city and with more men, we may have a chance to defeat Jaggi.

 

“Come with me,” another woman took me to another room, this room served as Sir Whiskers’ playroom, she searched around and found a box with hundreds of small toys that had human forms, it seemed like they represented people with different occupations, from farmers to adventurers.

 

“Here they are… Jaggi turned them into toys for his cat’s pleasure,” I nodded before I repeated the process while the girl explained to me that Jaggi used the men as living playthings for his cat and the women for his sick hobby.

 

“Thank you so much, sorcerer… I’m the mayor of this city,” A man with a lizard head said and I was about to say something.

 

And then something horrible happened, the roof of the building was gone, and when I realized who was responsible for this, my eyes opened widely as it was no other than Sir Whiskers, but this time he was a giant.

 

He was looking at us as if we were inferior to him, it seemed like he wanted to play with me this time.

 

Curiosity #11: Sorcerers have been trying to find the device of the apocalypse since magic was created!

 

1