May darkness reign forever.
17 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

I hope you guys like this story, don't forget to rate and review!

 

After the sudden entrance from the intruders, it seems like things have calmed down, and it’s all because the orc woman became interested in Allee, but the most surprising thing is that Allee doesn’t seem to mind having the orc woman flirting with her in the other side of the bar.

 

Now, don’t misunderstand me, I like seeing my friend happy but I know this is the first time she’s in this position with someone who she might truly fancy despite the age gap I guess her dating pool is a little limited so I can’t blame her, but I’m worried she might get hurt as it most people get hurt in the first relationship.

 

Close to them, the male orc was successfully flirting with two beautiful young women, and my former bride was all over the human man of her team, and it seemed like she was trying to get a reaction out of me because she was saying some weird things.

 

“You’re so cool Aliki, why don’t you tell me about your reincarnation and your past life once again?” She asked in a loud tone as she looked at my eyes.

 

“You really love that story, uh? I died because I overworked myself and the spaghetti god felt bad about me and he said that destined to become the hero of destiny,” the human said in a calm tone he was trying to sound as humble as possible, but he was full of arrogance I knew that.

 

All the humans that supposedly reincarnate from a previous life, somehow they were always overworked, so I wouldn't be surprised if he's just lying with the most generic origin story ever in the last few years.

 

“Of course, you’re the hero of destiny, you’re truly a special man… NOT LIKE OTHERS!” She said this last part as she looked at me and I just sighed.

 

I quickly shook my head because I was at a table sharing a drink with the local guild’s leader, I wanted to think about better things instead of that annoying sorceress, I already got over her, why can’t she be happy without being a nuisance to me?

 

“So, leader… Can you tell me more in detail about the benefits I’d get in case I joined your guild?” I asked with a smile on my face.

 

Many would think of me as pathetic for not having a woman by my side just like the others, however, I have some priorities right now, having a peaceful life didn’t sound that bad, and being part of a guild would be the closest I could get to that peaceful life.

 

But also, aside from Nahilda no other woman is my type, that doesn’t mean I want Nahilda back though.

 

“You’re considering my proposal, uh?” Asked the guild leader with a smile on his face and I couldn’t help but feel embarrassed. 

 

The older man clarified his voice before he started speaking once again.

 

“Aside from all those things I mentioned previously, you’ll get individual rewards for the quests you complete, your own room, the possibility to expand your room in case you want to start a family, health insurance for you and your family, and of course, if you climb on the global ranking you’ll receive more benefits,” the older man winked at me and I could swear that the whole bar was worried about my huge grin.

 

I was about to say something but then a young boy opened the bar violently, what was this? The day to violently open the door of the bar?

 

“Dad… It’s starting!” The boy said to Batz, it seems like that’s his son.

 

“Thank you Arucci… Kazz, Allee,” the guild leader said and he got our attention. “Come with me, this is the thing I wanted to show you,” the older man voiced with a serious expression and me and Allee locked eyes with the other.

 

We ended up following him anyway but we weren’t alone, the orc woman and her party were with us, great, now we’ll never get rid of them, especially Nahilda.

 

We walked until we reached a part of the town we’d never explored, and there was something interesting in this place, a giant and thick crystal with a rectangular form was standing in the middle of the place and we weren’t alone, many of the citizens were here and they had snacks, popcorns, spicy mangos, and many other things.

 

“Roasted radishes, take your delicious roasted radishes!” One vendor said.

 

“Fried fish heads, take your delicious fried fish heads!” Another one.

 

“Dragon egg tortilla, take your dragon egg tortilla!” This last one caught my attention.

 

“Hey, dragon dude, give me one!” I screamed at him and he quickly gave me a pair of chopsticks for me to pick my tortilla in exchange for one sapphire coin.

 

I tasted the tortilla and it wasn’t that bad until I realized something…

 

“Hey, this should be fire spicy, this is not a dragon egg, this is sweet so it's actually a pterodactyl egg!” I complained and the vendor quickly ran away from me.

 

“No, it’s not!” He said nervously before he moved to another part to continue selling.

 

I could complain but I would be a hypocrite if I did that, as a fellow grifter I can’t help but respect his hustle the tortilla wasn't bad and it was cheap so, in the end, I sighed and looked at the guild boss once again.

 

“So… What are we watching boss?” I asked the older man before I finished my tortilla.

 

I knew what these giant crystals were for, you can even have one at home but it seemed like people in this city liked to watch something with their fellow neighbors so I just decided to lose myself in the moment. 

 

But before the older man could answer my question, the giant crystal rectangle lighted up.

 

“This week on Demons’ Paradise, the show that shows the daily life of the demon king and his goons…” A deep dramatic voice said.

 

“Who ate my spicy elote!?” The demon king said angrily before it quickly changed to a scene of a purple-haired woman who sighed worriedly.

 

Many would think that someone like him wouldn’t like to be a public person, but it seems like he doesn’t mind the mediatic attention he gets by showing himself even if an armor completely hides his true self, and the only thing from his body that we the audience can see is his red eyes.

 

“This is the hardest part of the job as the demon king’s second hand,” a woman with purple hair said dramatically as if she was giving an interview, according to the letters on the crystal her name was 'Laylith'.

 

“Also… Our heroes go to the beach!?” The dramatic voice said again and it showed the demon king using a flowering shirt over his armor while enjoying a drink under an umbrella, he seemed to have one hand missing though.

 

“Oh, it’s one of those boring shows that follow the lives of famous people,” I was a little disappointed even thought we’re talking about the demon king’s life.

 

“And their friendship might be hanging by a thread!” The dramatic voice said once again before it cut to a scene of the demon king with his minions creating a sand castle, but the castle was suddenly destroyed by the clumsiness of a demon boy with red skin, making the demon king sigh.

 

And then they were interviewing the demon king.

 

“I sometimes feel like my subordinates don’t care about my feelings, I’m indeed the bringer of destruction but I have feelings too, you know?” The demon king said as he was being interviewed.

 

It didn't take too long for dramatic music to start to play as the camera focused on him.

 

“Well, he doesn’t look that strong,” Allee suddenly said and if the guild leader wanted to discourage her from fighting the demon king he was failing epically.

 

“Don't pay too much attention to that, this next thing is what I truly wanted to show you guys,” Batz pointed at the giant crystal with urgency.

 

“But before you see what our favorite villains did this week, it’s time for the weekly challenge, the one in which a group of four adventurers try to defeat our king to become the hero or heroes of destiny!” The narrator said once again and the scene quickly changed to the demon king’s throne room.

 

The throne looked sick though it was built with bones.

 

Some kind of purple energy appeared but it didn’t take too long until this energy made Laylith to materialize.

 

“Welcome to this week’s challenge, will these four be able to defeat our great amazing incredible strong the most humble one, and the one who will bring chaos and destruction one day…” The girl continued saying many titles to the four guys who were wearing armors and carrying big weapons.

 

All of them were tall and muscular, there’s an orc, a human, a half-dragon guy, and a crocodile-man.

 

“Don’t forget to make your bets!” One guy said and that caught my attention.

 

“So, how much do you guys pay in case those guys win?” I asked with a curious expression.

 

But the betting guy looked at me weirdly.

 

“Wait, are you serious? Do you really think those guys have a chance against the demon king?” Asked the man before he laughed like crazy and soon other people joined him. “No, the bet is about which one of the minions ate the demon king’s corn,” the man stopped laughing before he resumed his business.

 

“Don’t pay attention to him, Kazz, they are not like you and me, thankfully with your expert eye you noticed that those four knights are the strongest warriors in the world according to the global ranking, numbers one to four on the list,” Batz said something I wasn’t aware of but I nodded at him, I didn’t want to look like an idiot.

 

“The one and only… The Demon King!” The girl finally finished and then the lights were turned off.

 

And it didn’t take too long before a handsome young man wearing a cloak appeared and started to walk as if he owned the place, I wondered if that was the true identity of the demon king, but he wasn’t alone.

 

“Bring the destructioooooon!” A petite cute girl with big cheeks wearing a gothic pink dress said and then she was joined by two other girls who just like she were wearing fake demon horns, there was a tall one with pink hair and a black dress and another girl with blonde hair and a purple dress.

 

“Hey, I know those girls, they’re deemoneecuties!” I smiled as I looked at their faces, they were from the lands of the east, the ones that are protected by giant monsters and it’s hard to access for us but easy for them to come to this continent.

 

Everyone stared at me with confused expressions but I didn’t care, I'm a fan of their music and I even have their cube albums back home in the sorcerer village.

 

And then the music started to play, it was music that wasn’t so popular here but in the northern lands where most of the time it’s cold is a very popular genre, it’s called demonic screech hardcore!

 

“The prince of destruction (deemoneecuties ver.), lyrics by the demon king, music by Laylith, vocals by Haa-chan, Rura-chan, Hiko-chan,” it could be read on the screen.

 

“When the world was at pace and ease, the prince of darkness brought back the madness,” Haa-chan sang.

 

“He must be stopped they said, he’s too powerful and hot they said,” Rura-chan sang this time.

 

“But there was no use, he was going to rule no matter what you choose!” Hiko-chan sang.

 

“Bring the destruction, hey hey hey!” Now the girls sang at the same time, and they repeated this phrase three times.

 

“Everyone with the destruction!” They did the same as with the previous phrase.

 

“And join the prince of destruction!” They finished and started to dance, the choreography was insane.

 

And at some point, there were fireworks and the girls even were cloned and when their clones disappeared there were serpentines and a lot of cute stuff.

 

“What’s this circus!?” One of the challengers asked angrily.

 

“This is the demon king’s protocol, he likes to give his favorite bands a platform every week to promote them,” said the young man who I thought was the demon king but seeing the faces of the challengers made him sigh. “Okay, let’s start this fight then,” the young man took something out of his cloak.

 

It was the demon king’s hand.

 

“Due to your level, the demon king has decided to give you the chance to fight his hand… If you manage to defeat it, he’ll personally come from his beach trip to fight all of you!” The young man said before he threw the hand at the warriors who felt more than insulted.

 

They nodded at each other and then, they decided to attack the hand as a group, however, the hand instead just moved around the room at an incredible speed, and in a sudden twist, the hand barely touched their bodies and made them disappear from this plane of existence.

 

My eyes widened at the sigh, and it was just his hand…

 

“Well, it seems like these weren’t the heroes of the prophecy, well, whatever, before starting the show, we’d like to remind you that deemoneecuties are having their first tour in this continent, so, please check out your local entertainment center for tickets,” Laylith said with a calm expression before she hugged the three girls who were smiling and making signs with their hands they were unbothered by what just happened.

 

I don’t know what made me feel more shocked, the fact that his hand was capable of pulverizing those powerful warriors just by touching them, or the fact that I didn’t have tickets for deemoneecuties!

 

Curiosity #16: Cube albums are small magical cubes with music inside, they have a button on the top and this activates the sounds!

**Author's message**

Thank you for reading, if you're interested in reading more, chapter #19 is already out in my patreon!

 

 

 

0