Chapter 4: Preparation and Unpleasan reminders
35 1 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

After an arduous training session, Cedric returned to the mansion and took a luxurious bath, marveling at the sturdy and good-looking body he now inhabited. He joked with himself, "If I had a body like this back on Earth, I would be a super popular model and actor." He laughed at the thought before heading back to dining hall.

Inside, he found his father in conversation with their personal instructor, Seraphius Thornwood, who was also an instructor at the prestigious Valeria Academy. His father noticed him and beckoned him to join them.

After three months of not seeing each other, Seraphius jokingly said, 

"What's this? Already on the verge of breaking through to the second level of aura?"

"Hey, Oswald, you're one lucky guy. Your son takes after you so much; maybe he'll even break your records at the academy," 

Seraphius quipped. He and my Father had been classmates during their academy years and had fought together in the war against demons 15 years ago. Their long-standing friendship allowed them to exchange such casual banter. Seraphius, a Knight Paragon, who will also become a sword master in the future, making him a formidable ally to the kingdom in the upcoming battle against the demons.

As Cedric observed these two remarkable individuals, he was reminded of the need to get stronger. The challenges and dangers of this world were becoming increasingly apparent.

His father cleared his throat, drawing his attention. 

"You'll begin training with Seraphius again tomorrow. Prepare with your sister, as your training will intensify in preparation for your enrollment in the academy next year," his father stated with a solemn expression.

"Oh now that I remember it the Imperial princess will also be enrolling next year," Seraphius commented.

As his father and Seraphius prepared to leave, Cedric let out a long sigh. He knew he had to prepare for the future....and the mention of the imperial princess brought a sudden realization. He was supposed to be engaged to her, wasn't he? Panic surged within him.

He chased after his father, shouting, "Father!"

 "What is it?"

Cedric stuttered, "I have a fiancée, right?"

His father became silent for a moment before responding,

 "Of course, you do not. You challenged the princess to a duel about two years ag, and you bet that if she lost in a single move, you would break the engagement, and she did. Your actions were rather odd at the time, but I've already settled this matter with the emperor long ago. You should focus on getting stronger."

Cedric screamed internally, "Why is he acting like this is not a big deal?" He suddelnly remember..the first day in the academy where this guy bumped into the main character and kicked him aside like pebble, resulting in the princess witnessing the incident. That had led to another duel.

He made a silent vow to himself to stay away from the heroines and avoid getting involved in their tangled web of emotions and desires. He couldn't help but think about the saintess, who was supposedly pure and innocent, but when she fell in love with the main character, she became incredibly passionate. 

"This is one of the things I dislike about the author of this book," he muttered. 

"I swear to God, he puts hidden sides to each of the heroines. As much as I hate to admit it as a reader, I also like it, as things always get spicy with the heroines and the main character. But now that I'm in this world... no, it's absolutely insane at all!" 

Cedric looked up at the sky in resignation.

Knight Level;

Apprentice Knight

Adept Knight

Elite Knight

Paladin

Grand Paladin

Knight Paragon

Sword master

Apex adversary

Sovereign

2