1. Sanity – 1
12 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

When did it all go wrong?
The claustrophobic hallway, that stretches out forever. Torches in every block were lightened, there were no enemies.

There were no enemies. There are no monsters, there exist only a hallway - what could have caused this, why is he here? He lamented his decision, regret shown on his face.

He checked his wrist, an engraved tattoo was glowing, shaped like a head of the phoenix - carved in an abstract pattern, his teeth gritted in regret, sorrow came after.

Burned with determination, only to dwindle down - a life to forget, a predicament to escape, only to face another. It has an hour since he walked the small hallway, it fitted him just right - by measurement speaking, it was too tight for him.

"I'm going crazy..." He said, the prologue had begone, from what they had said. Surrender your world - or pass the tower to deem yourself worthy of living - they said.

Those who are chosen - are your hope. Weak or not, it is chosen at random. - Only those of wits and strengths can survive. They said.

Walk alongside the strong, you are given an opportunity. Your guide will walk with you, to witness your worst and your best - watch your struggles and success.

It is waiting for you,

Just the end of this very hallway. Will you find your only candle of hope. They said.

Nothing.

The light was spotted. As if some kind of coincidence, he didn't smile - he felt relieved - what comes next?

Determination ignited. His goals aligned.

That's right, he alongside others will save the world. In truth - does he even want to?
In the end all he wanted was to survive, the tattoo was placed upon him out of blue, as long as he can get out of this place. So, he never gave up - even when his sanity is dwindling.

- Authentication token matched. -

- Setting syntax -

- Syntax verification complete. -

- Setting variable.....-

- Variable set to "Player"... -

- Username set to... -

- Syntax error -

- Username pending -

- Awaiting instruction until the "var" set an input -

- alert <username> "YourName" <username>;

- //kindly copy and fill the text above.

Just like this one, a mono screen appeared in front of him. He wasn't going crazy, yet.

"How am I going to use this thing?" He said, while on the precipice of reaching the glowing light, a screen was shown in front of him.

'But does it perhaps want to prompt me to fill the quoted word, I'll try it.' Delusion or not, he had nothing to lose.

He laughed for a bit.

It was all too fast. The situation is.
Days ago, he was just laying low in school, until moments after that event.

"They" appeared.

.

The sky simply broke, his eyes couldn't believe it. A phenomena so mind-blowing that you wouldn't even believe it exists.

An earthquake soon followed, he alongside other students screamed - the fear of unknown plaster among their faces.

"Just what is going on!? An earthquake!?" One of the students screamed. Confusion arosed, this was no ordinary earthquake, the intensity - almost comparable to Valdivia, Chille in the 1960s.

Magnitude - 9.5

Small cracks appeared on the ceiling - which stemed from the concrete walls in the classroom..

"Keep calm everyone! Always remember the earthquake drill we had always been preparing!" The teacher yelled, to their dismay it had caused even more further chaos among the students.

"Duck yourself using the tables!" He said. Some panicked but others followed.

"Just what in damned hell was going on." Power outage soon followed, the debris fell everywhere, the concrete structure of the classroom became unable to bear the burden of the intense earthquake.

"Shitting fuck!" One of the students screamed.

"The hell are we gonna do now!? This is literally the end of the world!"

"Just wait til this is over! Don't even think about some stupid world end scenario, that shit ain't even existed."

"You may think I'm a damn madman but, I saw that crack in the sky with my two goddamned eyes." The frequency of the earthquake continued.

"....." The other student simply stayed in silent.

Then a few moments, the shaking stopped.

Nobody said a word, the aftershock will come next too - so they stayed underneath the table. Dust everywhere in the floor, as the ceiling was on the verge of collapsing.

"Go, go outside now!" The teacher yelled.

.

Nobody had really thought that something of this scale had occured. Perhaps it was perhaps it was a planned global event, by the government to increase productivity and for the citizens to be much more cooperative among themselves.

"Cooperative my ass." He smirked.

"Hmm." He realized later on that it was slightly dark, not an eclipse per se - he in turn looked at the sky, then-

A large tower appeared. Aside from the debris from the aftermaths of the earthquake, all seemed to focus on the gigantic structure that hovered tens of kilometers in height.

All eyes on the large tower that had taken their breathes, he was no different than them.

This was truly, an end of the world scenario...

 

 

1