Chapter 01: Sigma and Omega
517 2 19
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Hey, nobody was stupid enough to forget the health potions, riight?" a burly adventurer bellowed, his voice cutting through the commotion, drawing nods of agreement from his companions.

“Nobody except you perhaps,” a voice replied, promptly followed by a burst of laughter.

The large guild hall of the Adventurer guild of Vermont city, buzzed with anticipation, an energetic hum that resonated through the air as adventurers from different parties gathered. Swords clinked against armors, voices melded into an indistinct chatter, and the scent of leather and sweat mixed with the promise of adventure.

In the busy adventurers' guild hall, a young man suddenly burst into the room, not missing to grab everyone's attention. He stood at the entrance, scanning the room from left to right. The way he entered and his overall presence were quite different from the others in the guild hall. He was tall and slim, but had a very youthful face and short, dark hair. His clothing was more suited for an office worker than an adventurer, which contrasted sharply with the leather-clad warriors around him. However, the two jet-black short swords in a double leather back scabbard on his back hinted at a hidden depth beneath his unassuming appearance.

Curious eyes followed the young man as he approached the receptionist's desk. A quiet murmur rippled through the crowd, as they wondered about his identity and his purpose in the guild hall.

A few adventurers exchanged doubtful glances, their interest sparked. "Who's that guy?" one of them asked.

"I have no idea. I've never seen him here before."

"Could he be a newbie?"

"Looks like it, but he seems more like a rich papa’s kid to me," one adventurer remarked, chuckling along with his friends.

"But those blades... they look like they belong to the Church."

"The Church?..."

Unaware of the conversations behind him, the young man offered a polite smile to the receptionist. She rose and bowed, mimicking the other receptionists. Slightly embarrassed, the young man gestured for her to retake her seat.

"Good morning, Madam. I apologize if I'm a bit late."

"Not at all, Sir. You arrived just in time."

"Great. So, can I assume that everything is ready?" he inquired, glancing at the assembled adventurers.

"Yes, Sir. They're all prepared for the expedition," the receptionist, a middle-aged woman with a businesslike demeanor, left her desk and walked to the center of the hall. With a brisk clap of her hands, she commanded the room's attention.

"Ladies and gentlemen, may I have your attention, please?" Her voice carried a commanding presence that hushed the room. Heads turned toward her, and the adventurers fixed their curious and expectant eyes on her.

"I'm sure most of you are already eager for this adventure, so I won't keep you waiting. First and foremost, I want to express our gratitude for each of you being here today for this extermination mission. The Adventurer's Guild and the Dungeon Crawling Division are deeply thankful."

In the midst of the hushed anticipation, a stout warrior cleared his throat, his gaze locked onto the receptionist. "Aye, we're always up for a good challenge!"

"I'm ready for some excitement!" another voice chimed in.

A nimble rogue added with a mischievous glint in their eye, "As long as the loot is worth it, count me in."

"The last time we had a mission like this, the loot was unbelievable!"

Before more voices could join the conversation, the receptionist raised her hand once again, using a gentle yet authoritative gesture to quiet the emerging chatter. The room fell into attentive silence, waiting for her next words.

"My second point is," she continued, motioning towards the young man beside her, "allow me to introduce a new member of your expedition: an envoy of the Church of Three Moons who will accompany you on this journey."

The adventurers exchanged confused glances, raising their eyebrows at the young man. Whispers and low murmurs crisscrossed the hall, mixing with the anticipation that hung in the air like a charged current. It was clear they were not happy with this revelation.

The young man remained composed, his gaze unwavering as he addressed the group. "Greetings, everyone. My name is Aiden, and I will be accompanying you on this expedition."

The introduction was met with an awkward silence.

"In our care?"

"Hey, what's going on? Did anyone tell us we'd be babysitting a church kid?"

"I didn't hear about this."

"Me neither."

A protest erupted among the adventurers, but before anyone else could speak, a powerful voice from a tall, likely barbarian-dressed man, broke through the commotion. "I knew about it."

"Boss?" A group of adventurers reacted with surprise to the unexpected admission.

"So did I," a man in priestly attire replied.

"Leader?"

"Me too," added a woman in a red mage's robe. "We, the leaders of the parties in this extermination raid, were informed."

"Is that true, boss?"

"Yes, we were told that a member of the Church of Three Moons would be closely overseeing this expedition. However, I assumed that this member would be an experienced dungeon raider, not just some..."

"I'd suggest you choose your next words carefully, Mister Leader of the Covenant of Ruin," the receptionist warned. "This gentleman here is..."

At that moment, Aiden raised his hand, signaling his desire to speak. "Allow me to address this," he said, directing his words to the adventurers. "I believe I may have failed to introduce myself adequately. Would you permit me to rectify that oversight?"

Aiden placed three fingers over his heart, a gesture of sincerity. "My name is Aiden. I am a Vicaris Executor of the church. Today, I will be overseeing your extermination raid."

Puzzled expressions were shared among the adventurers.

"Vicaris Executor?"

"What does that mean?"

"Is it some sort of clergy position?"

"It sounds more like something for paladins."

"No," the female leader in the red knight training attire interjected with authority. "A Vicaris Executor is a position held by paladins or clergy who, in addition to their church duties, are affiliated with the guild as adventurers."

"Indeed, Miss Valentine, leader of the Eclipsed Vanguard," he replied with a smile. "I am a Paladin of the church, but I also carry the mantle of an adventurer, much like all of you."

Skepticism filled the room, mixing with the tension of the moment. The adventurers exchanged glances, their expressions a mix of doubt and curiosity.

The receptionist's voice broke through the uncertainty. "Despite his youthful appearance, Sir Aiden has a wealth of experience in dungeon raids and clearing campaigns."

A wave of doubt met her statement, causing a few adventurers to exchange skeptical looks. Amid the questioning gazes, one voice challenged the doubt.

"Seriously? I mean, sure, we're talking big about this raid, but let's face it, it's an A-Rank quest in an A-Rank dungeon. We don't have time to babysit some newbie. What's his rank, anyway? How many times has he been in the thick of it?" The words were laced with skepticism, echoing the doubts of those who were not easily convinced.

A smile played at the corners of Aiden's lips. "While my age may make me seem inexperienced, I can assure you that I've been part of over a dozen Dungeon Eradication Raids and clearing campaigns."

"What's your rank?" The same adventurer challenged, his tone tinged with mockery.

With unwavering composure, Aiden met the inquisitive adventurer's gaze. "I hold the rank of A-rank adventurer," he replied, his voice steady and self-assured. He reached into his pocket and retrieved a gem-like artifact known as an "Appraisal Stone," then opened his hand, causing a screen to materialize before them. "You can verify it for yourself."

 

_____________________________

 

[ Aiden Ω's Interface ]

 

Name: Aiden [Ω]

Level: 11

Race: Verdenkind

Class: Paladin

Title: Vicaris Executor / Undead Slaughterer / Demon Slayer

Experience: 5890 / 8650

 

[Status]

- H.P: 180 / 180

- M.P: 260 / 260

- S.P: 240 / 240

- Fatigue: 5%

- Defense: 110

- Offense: 125

 

[Attributes]

- Strength: 8

- Agility: 14

- Stamina: 10

- Intelligence: 12

- Wisdom: 14

- Charisma: 8

 

[Skills]

- Acrobatics: Level 4

- Anti-Appraisal: Level 4

- Appraisal: Level 4

- Divine Protection: Level 6

- Earth Magic: Level 7

- Elemental Infusion: Level 5

- Elemental Protection: Level 5

- Fire Magic: Level 7

- Healing Magic: Level 8

- Heightened Physique: Level 2

- Illusion Resistance: Level 2

- Identification: Level 4

- Light Magic: Level 5

- Regeneration: Level 2

- Shieldmanship: Level 1

- Swordsmanship: Level 5

- Telekinesis: Level 8

- Water Magic: Level 5

 

[Abilities]

- Spacial Inventory (Ring)

- Holy Smite: Unlocked

- Divine Shield: Unlocked

- Aegis Aura: Unlocked

- Dungeon Lore: Unlocked

- Persuasive Aura: Unlocked

- Bane Undead: Unlocked

- Bane evil: Unlocked

- Annihilate Evil: Locked

- Bane Evil: Locked

- Obliterate Evil: Locked

- [ Σ ]

 

『Expand』

_____________________________

19