Chapter 5 – Soul Manipulation
21 0 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Jack wakes up from his tiredness, his consciousness slowly begins to awaken. Shaking his head from his drowsiness he makes his way upwards as he uses his knee as support to get up. He felt replenished and also rejuvenated as he accomplished something and didn’t actually die while encountering a new creature. He makes some distance away from the obsolete pillar as he tries to do some basic exercising to build endurance. He does his pushups, sit-ups, wall sits against the pillar, squats to train legs and other variations to train different part of his muscles. After doing that workout and feeling some weakness in his body. He places his hand upon the pillar to check how much points he had left.

He had absolutely nothing as he looked at the screen with disappointment. All that training only raise his stats by only so much and he spent the last 5 points on the heal from the tiredness from last fight. Since he couldn’t farm the blue slimes yet because they are a bit harder and special. He went back to stage 1 and he felt the world change but it was only for an instance. He saw the green slime relaxed in the middle of the island. Jack looks towards the sky and see the 49 specks of souls. But one seems a bit dimmer than the rest. He stares at it and try to catch every detail. He wonders if he uses enough of the mysterious power would the specks in the sky slowly begin to disappear.

Jack tries to find out what makes the specks in the sky really special but before he does he wants to change how he calls it. Always saying those words specks makes it seem too basic and weird for him. He decided to change the word specks to Soul energy because every time he kills a creature something in pairs appear in the sky. But Jack rushes towards the slime but this time instead of farming the slime he would try to use the soul energy since he already put points into soul manipulation he wants to at least test out what difference putting the points in made. He tries to feel the energy gathering around him or focus on the sky which seems to collect these soul energy particles but nothing really happens. Jack doesn't receive a response in anyway, He dodges the first attack of the slime as it launches itself towards him while still paying attention on slime Jack tries a different way to gather the energy. Maybe its based on how Jack feels or how close he is to death. But he really didn’t want to test the close to death part as he didn’t want to put himself in that kind of situation again. Also he didn’t have any points for heal currently.

But he tries many possibilities but Jack can’t do this forever the amount of stamina and energy Jack is using to continually dodge the slime attacks and to keep himself safe and also test how he can actually fight the slime. He dodges another attack as he feel fatigue his breathing becomes ragged and he begins to have a burning feeling in his chest he has never tried to dodge this much in his life and usually try to finish the slime off to have a short break but slowly he begins to feel energy slowly flow into him he focus only on that as he minds enters a kinds empty state of being. He instructs this energy that's entering him towards his hands. Slowly the soul energy in the sky slowly begins to fade out, the numbers drops continually from 49, 48, 47, 46, then 45 but it was all too much energy he could hold within his palm and he doesn't really understand how to keep this energy under control.

Jack runs over towards the slime as he slams his palm towards it the slime that was rushing towards him in big leaps slamming its body at his palm lands directly on the perfectly looking slime. He disintegrate half the slime body away as the body of the slime doesn't even continue to move anymore but slowly the ooze is leaving the body of the slime in floods. But Jack doesn’t feel right either his body slowly becomes paler. As Jack instantly passes out and he doesn't even know what has happened to him he lays on the floor barely breathing like the energy in his body is completely gone. His body devoured of energy. This has never happened to him before even when he used a small amount of the power. He wakes up with everlasting pain within his chest. He doesn’t know how to get rid of it at all. This burning sensations continues as he tries to get up but his body doesn’t want to listen to him but he has realized he has become paler. His back resting against the baren land as he stares off into the darkness, Wondering why he hasn't become crazy yet. From the quiet, empty land and only being able to fight monsters to stay alive. But he hasn't been able to put any food or water in his mouth for days. The only way he receives nutrients or restore himself in anyway is from using heal. But he feels like the price will definitely increase at some point. Only using 5 points to completely heal yourself as you become stronger doesn't seem possible. Its probably based on how much energy the system takes to heal you. How does the system even calculate the points he gain. Are the monsters or creatures imported into the system. or Is everything just a simulation is everything even real anymore. His thoughts swarms around at every possibly about how he continues to live or how he is able to function. His life has become miserable he has to fight to continue living. What about if he dies right now, would he return to back where he was. But he doesn't know how long he has been here. Days or even weeks.

He doesn't know what else he can do but slave away at this monsters to earn points to either increase his strength or to heal himself. he has started to miss the company, the feeling of fresh air. Summer, Winter, Fall, Spring. He misses the people who gives him company or stays with him everyday. Even if some of his family has died, even if his friends are no longer there. He wants to be back without suffering. Jack lays in defeat at what he could do. His inner peace is gone. The illusion to become stronger doesn't mean anything if he dies right now. His family or anyone who cares about him could be crying because of his disappearance or maybe he doesn't have anyone who loves him in the first place or to cherish his presence. He knows for a fact there are others with him. In this place, maybe he can meet them at some point. To tell them what he knows, or to tell each other of the things they have learn in this place. Maybe this was all an tutorial. Making monsters spawn, killing them or to find a way out. There is many possibilities, maybe soul manipulation could be his only option too escape. But using such a power is also very damaging to himself. Look at him right now. He feels a lingering pain somewhere in his chest. It will never disappears he doesn't even have strength right now to move. He can't function his body in any way. He tried to launch himself forward. But none of these things seem to work

 

Well since he can't do anything but be depressed based on what his life has fallen to. He still has the same smelly clothes from when he appeared here. He can't even smell his own Oder. This all feels like a simulation, a false reality but maybe at some point he would be able to unlock abilities. The blast of soul energy from the sky could be counted as a skill. But something he should only use when he is on his last stand because of the amount of danger the power could do to him and his opponent.

 

But hopefully he doesn't have to use this forsaken ability on any human. But its very unlikely he would be able to meet anyone. What matters now is how he would be able to find a way out of this mess but before that is to find a way to heal himself. Jack goes back and forth about what he should do. He could have tried to craft something out of his branches or sticks or maybe try to make them sharp to be able to pierce the slimes and let them leak out on the floor. But his mind is in a mess. But the pain hasn't lessen he doesn't even know how much time has pass he begins to become frighten he becomes alarm as sweat begins to pour down his face. his heart beat increases. Like bombs, you could hear his heart beat from across the island. he beings to shake, he couldn't move but somehow his body was rocking side to side. His muscles tenses, like his inside is about to explode. Goosebumps begins to pop out of his skin. [Bang] his heart beats again as he doesn't know what's happening to his insides [bang] His heart is thumbing against his own body. [bang] Just like that Jack passed out from the extreme pain that seems to erupt out of his body and the sheer fear of what's happening to him. Death seems to approach him but it doesn't seem to have taken his life.

2