Its Difficult…
1k 9 25
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Before Ellie informed Miyo about Jin's plan to visit the library, she visited Ayaka's office. Before stepping foot into the office, Ellie fixates her gaze upon the grandiose door, allowing herself a moment of tranquility as she inhales a profound breath, preparing herself for the forthcoming encounter.

*knock**knoch*

"Enter"

Ellie swung open the door, and her eyes were met with the sight of Ayaka engrossed in reading a stack of documents. Stealthily, Ellie cre­pt into the room and positioned herself directly in front of Ayaka's desk. Ayaka shifted her attention from the documents she had been reading toward Ellie.

"what is it, Ellie"

"Ayaka sama, During breakfast, Jin-sama requested my permission to visit the library."

"Then what did you reply?" Ayaka speaks while narrowing her eyes.

"I gave him the permission."

"why didn't you say no to him?" the anger on Ayaka's face is distinguishable.

"It would be impolite to refuse Master Jin's requests on the day he recovers"

*silent* the infuriated Ayaka seems a little bit calmer now. Ellie manages to calm her mistress, any wrong choice of words can lead to serious punishment even to her who holds the title of Head maid of the famous Esumi family.

"*sigh* it's fine if Jin-chan goes there to study his subjects but....."

"I understand your concern Ayaka sama, I will ensure that Miyo is informed not to allow Master Jin to access any books related to magic."

In this world, males possess a diminished inclination towards magic due to the underdeveloped nature of the veins surrounding their mana vessel. Although males do possess mana, it is insufficient to manifest magic if the veins contain any imperfections. Mana veins, a unique type of veins, serve as conduits for mana particles to flow out of the mana vessel. The human body consists of two types of mana veins: primary veins that connect the mana vessel to the brain, and secondary veins that connect the mana vessel to the palms of each hand. In males, both primary and secondary veins exhibit defects, thus casting magic poses a potential risk of injury.

"tell her to not make any mistakes otherwise she will be severely punished"

Ayaka doesn't have the slightest intention to let Jin learn magic since it could be dangerous to him. besides according to the State guidelines, even the law prohibits males from studying magic. Ayaka has to offer her head to the States if the States finds any recalcitrance on Ayaka's side. Ellie understands the seriousness of the situation that her mistress might get the death penalty due to the mistakes on her side. Ellie is loyal to the Esumi household and has been working here for a very long time. She is in her mid-fifties but age didn't rust her intellect. She permitted Jin to go to the library because she thought that Jin wanted to research his disease in the books. Both Ayaka and Ellie trust Miyo's ability to handle things.

"yes, Ayaka sama I will make sure that Miyo will be properly taught." For this matter, the only option is to have faith in Miyo. Whenever Miyo is given a task, she executes it with precision and excellence. Miyo has never received any negative feedback from anyone. It is not impossible for Miyo to prevent Jin from accessing any magical books, given that she served as Jin's personal maid for over two and a half years, and even Jin values her opinion.

Ayaka's face still reflects worry, after the morning training session when she hears the news of her son's recovery, she was overwhelmed with joy. but now her mind is consumed with stress over an upcoming meeting with the State representative and Jin's library visit. As the head of the household with a male child, Ayaka carries an immense amount of responsibility. Throughout the year, she maintains a tight schedule filled with numerous meetings each week, leaving her constantly busy. she has the utmost desire to provide the best for her children, particularly for Jin. In addition to all her responsibilities, she also has to manage the family business and watch over her three daughters' training.

Ayaka has to be constantly in contact with the government in regards to Jin, regularly meeting with their representatives and ministers because the number of males in this world is extremely low, for every one thousand females only one male. Ayaka carries a crucial responsibility of raising a male child, so there has always been immense pressure to make the best choices and provide the best for Jin from the government's perspective.

Having a male child in the family is highly regarded as a prestigious status in the society. Every influential family desires to establish a strong connection or maintain a positive relationship with households blessed with a male child. This is because it paves the way for potential marriage proposals to bring the male child into their own family. Ayaka, being the head of the Esumi Household, constantly receives dinner invitations, lucrative business deals, substantial investments, and bonds from renowned families, all in an attempt to capture her attention. Esumi Household has a powerful authority with Ayaka as the head of the family.

A month ago, Jin fell ill and his condition worsened over time, causing panic for both the Esumi Household and State officials. Ayaka's mental tolerance was already shattered into pieces. She cried and prayed to the divine beings for the betterment of Jin. She loved Jin more than her own life, and it was very tough for her to get through that time. she spent her sleepless night weeping in her room only to see the worse condition of Jin the next morning then she cried more at night all alone, and the cycle continued like this. She was about to lose her mind and was already standing on the edge of a mental breakdown. Fortunately, the head maid Ellie stepped in to manage things and talk to the state, taking some of the burden off Ayaka's shoulders.

As for the State, they don't want to lose Jin at all costs. They have gone to great lengths, arranging a multitude of doctors, witches, and high-grade portions. They even reached out to a renowned witch who was conducting research in a distant land. However, despite all their efforts, none of these attempts yielded any positive results. Fortunately, about a week ago, Jin's condition started to stabilize and show signs of improvement. His headaches became less severe, and the pain in his chest area also lessened. both Ayaka and the State officers were relieved to hear from the doctor that Jin was out of danger. Both Jin's health and Ayaka's mental health were improving as did the State officers who worked overtime. Ayaka returned to her work, today she even took charge of her daughters' combat training, something she had neglected for a month.

The doctor had foreseen that it would likely take approximately another month for Jin to fully recuperate. Little did anyone anticipate that Jin would make such a swift recovery. Witnessing Jin's progress firsthand, Ayaka unexpectedly burst into tears in front of everyone. Right after that, she promptly approached the State officer. At this moment that was just a few minutes ago and the States officers are on their way to meet Ayaka in her office.

"Ellie do you think it is the time for that now."

"for what Ayaka-sama?"

"to tell Jin about the truth of this world"

------------------------

-----------------

----------

"wow, what a wonderful library, to think something like this is inside the house" Jin was captivated by the library, his eyes darting around to take in every intricate detail. The quality of the library exceeded his expectations.

"Jin-sama, this Libray is the pride of Esumi's Household. You can find here several books of literature, History, and even monologues and personal journals of previous heads of the Esumi Household." *pause* Jin-sama on that side, you will find journals of your late grandma Kinsugi Esumi sama."

Jin attention to the place where Miyo pinned, the wall of that particular side is notably decorated with golden-colored strips and flower bouquets. bookshelves are kept on both sides diagonally to the wall, there was also a book stand about five feet long which had a large book on top of it. The arrangement allows for a clear view of the portrait of Kinsugi Esumi, Jin Esumi's grandmother, and Ayaka Esumi's mother.

Jin began to move forward towards the portrait of her grandma, as Jin came close enough he could see a middle-aged woman in a portrait with features similar to his mother.

"My grandma...."

"yes Jin sama, the one in the portrait is your grandma Kinsugi Esumi sama, unfortunately, she is not with us..."

Jin approached the book stand and examined the contents of the large open book, he could see a sign at the bottom left corner on something that seemed like a government draft.

A few minutes have already passed since the entry into the Library and Jin realized the purpose of his visit. Jin turned towards Miyo and asked.

"Miyo san I want to read the books about magic." upon hearing this Miyo's facial expression completely changed, She was not making eye contact anymore and her face was filled with anxiety, which puzzled Jin. After a pause, Miyo finally gathers the courage to speak.

"I am sorry Jin Sama... but you are not allowed to read any book about magic."

Jin had a face with several questions, he couldn't understand why he was not allowed to read magical books *gulp* "Why is that..."

"Ayaka sama decided this... I am sorry but I am not allowed to speak further on this."

Both of them had disappointing faces as Jin was not allowed to read the magical books and Miyo failed to fulfill Jin's wish.

"I will speak to Mom about this... "

"sorry Jin sama.. Ayaka Sama is busy with a meeting... you can't meet her now"

sadness occupied Jin's face as he returned to his room without gets to read any magic book.

He had lunch inside his room After the lunch Miyo told Jin that Ayaka wanted to see Jin. As Jin also wants to speak to Ayaka he goes to Ayaka's office.

-----------------------

--------------

--------

*knock**knock*

"Enter" It was Miyo who opened the door, Jin entered the office while Miyo remained outside, it wasn't Ayaka's main office, it was one of her subsidiary offices.

"Jin chan sit over there"

Jin situated himself parallel to Ayaka. somehow at that moment, he starts to feel nervous.

"Jin Chan I want to tell you something very important."

 

If you like the story hit the ❤️button and leave a comment

 

 

 

25