(Prologue) Awakening
2.2k 5 39
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.
First attempt at writing - please be gentle. I have no idea what I am doing Q.Q.

Special thanks to Azrie~ Lots of feedback!

Prologue

Awakening

20xx, May 14th

 

Death... Something everyone knows about - thinks about. Or perhaps they don't... I don't care, being dead makes you careless. Sometimes I wonder if it was normal to feel like this. Disease, illness... It's something normal, something people die from. It's a natural selection, and here I am... Dead. 

 

Sometime during this year, a new deadly virus attacked... Like it always did every some time, humans were never free from illnesses. Except this time it was an epidemic, why did it happen? Poor hygiene habits, people often don't wash their hands enough, even though I absolutely loved to do it, it was simple collateral damage. Something about a disease being incurable... something about it was funny to me, maybe for how powerless humans were about it?

 

Well, no use worrying about it. I am dead. Death by hemorrhage, death by asphyxiation, death by organ shut-down. Bleeding out, having an accident, dying... It didn't really matter how one died, in the end, it was still death. We fear it, and yet... I feel comfortable - embraced by this void. 

 

Ah well, no use thinking about it. I am dead. Goodnight me, it's time to simply stop thinking and feel peaceful... Something about this void was comfortable and warm, it was nice and accommodating. I didn't want to leave it - I wasn't going to leave it. Although if I had any regret was - not being able to play enough videogames. Ah... how much I missed that...

 

 * * *

 

"Hmhm!" Nothing like a good night's slee- wait a second. 

Why was I feeling rested? Why was I feeling anything at all? Why was everything around me wet and sticky, why was I even stretching?! 

 

In a flash, I opened my eyes. 

 

BOOOM!

 

It was raining, the white sky blinded me for a second - it all went back to darkness... The thunderous roar of the skies resonated once more, and yet I didn't feel scared. I didn't feel like I could be scared even. The water droplets pelted at my body, at my hair, at my clothes... I tried standing up, although it was hard. The ground was uneven and sleepery - it was muddy as well... 

 

"But I died though?" I questioned myself out loud and immediately noticed something. "Oh." Yeah, I was right... "I am a high-school student... Just because I wanted a harem doesn't mean I had to become a girl you know..." I woefully protested - it made no sense. 

 

I sighed, my brain felt half-dead in a way. Like a constant headache, I couldn't really be bothered to overthink it. Something about it simply felt simple, and at the same time I didn't feel like looking for an explanation - looking for the meaning of life is just as useless as this. Simply put - it happens. No need to overthink it, same with this situation. I had died... that was about it. 

 

"Although, how does it even happen?" Virus one day, dead the other, and the next one alive. Oh well. 

 

I shrugged and finally looked around me. Water peacefully sliding down the trees and the wind rustling the leaves, pelting away at the stones. Somehow or in some way, it was peaceful. Well aside from the water calmly running down the tombstones full of names. Naturally I looked at mine and... It had no name... 

 

What was my name anyway? Well, something to think about for another day. The first objective was to get out of this graveyard and maybe return to living a normal life. Although I have a feeling explaining my parents is going to be a pain in the ass...

39