A Day In The Life Of A C-Tier Supervillain
38 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

A man is seen on his bed fast asleep with his head underneath the covers. He looks like he is having a nice dream. It would be a shame if someone were to…you know…wake him up!

 

*BEEP BEEP BEEP*

 

An alarm clock suddenly started blaring. The time was currently 8:00 AM.

 

The clock was quickly destroyed by a bolt of lightning.

 

“Alright I’m up!” Wattz yells at nobody in particular. The universe perhaps, or maybe God for putting him in such a shitty life situation. No matter whose fault this was, this static sorcerer was not happy about it.

 

He slowly got out from under the covers, threw his legs over the side of his bed, and stood up to stretch.

 

He was wearing a white tank top that was covered in stains and blue boxers that had little thunderclouds and bolts of electricity on them.

 

He slowly made his way over to his apartment’s small bathroom to get his day started.

 

He did the same dull routine that he had done every morning ever since he was laid off from his job as an electrician about half a year ago.

 

He took a lukewarm shower while staring sadly at the floor, watching the water slowly cascade down the drain. He brushed his teeth while looking at himself in the mirror. He had massive circles under his eyes and a very dull expression on his face. He then applied some dark purple eyeliner to give himself that signature evil look.

 

He strikes a menacing pose before deflating.

 

He takes a deep breath and sighs.

 

“...You can do this, Wattz…It’s just another day…”

 

After he finishes up in the bathroom he goes to his closet and puts on his supervillain outfit.

 

He then grabs his phone and opens up an app that was called Rent-A-Villain.

 

He taps on a button that tells people that he is available for work.

 

“Alright…Now we wait!” He puts his phone down and folds his hands. He then immediately grabs his phone again only to notice that he still doesn’t have any offers.

It is now about 10:30 and Wattz was sitting on his reclining chair while eating a bowl of cereal and watching TV.

 

He is watching an old saturday morning cartoon that stars a young Sir IQ fighting off an evil clown.

 

“...Oh Crazy Clown, we are really in it now…” He talks to his TV while taking another bite of cereal.

 

His phone finally starts ringing.

 

“Good day to you sir or madam! I am Wattz, The Electro Wizard! How do you need me to fight?”

 

He pinches the bridge of his nose and sighs.

 

“...No, I don’t do birthday parties…”

 

He hangs up the phone and places it back on the table next to his chair. He quickly gets another call

 

“Good day to you sir or madam! I am Wattz, The…Oh…Hi mom…”

 

“...Nope, still looking for work…”

 

“For the last time! I am not moving back into your basement!”

 

“...I’m sorry…I love you too…”

He finishes his breakfast and turns off the TV.

 

He then slowly walks towards a wall that was covered in posters of famous villains of Central City’s past.

 

Deus Mortis, Crazy Clown, and The Mad Magician (who was an old black and white villain who wore a suit and top hat. He was hunched over and twirling his mustache).

 

He walks over to a mirror and takes a long hard look at himself.

 

He then strikes another menacing pose.

 

“Greeting citizens of Central City! For it is I, Wattz, The Electro Wizard! Now hand over your money and no one gets zapped!”

 

“...Oh, is that The American Dream I see...Let’s see if you can handle my lightning storm attack!”

 

“Yes, Father Nightingale! I would love to be the new leader of The Shadow Union! Thank you for asking!”

 

He slumps his shoulders and sighs again.

 

“...Who am I fooling...I am never going to live up to any of these great villains…”

 

He looks out his window to see a newsboy on a bike throw a paper at his apartment door.

 

He goes outside and grabs the paper. He then walks towards his kitchenette and makes himself a cup of coffee as he puts on a pair of reading glasses.

 

He sits at his small table and starts to read.

 

“...WHAT!” He screams as the paper is suddenly incinerated by his lightning.

 

The Headline of the paper read ‘Max Midas given key to the city! Mayor Roseybelt says he was overjoyed to have such an intelligent and handsome man make a name for himself in the city. So happy, in fact, that they are making a statue of him to display right in front of the mayor’s office.

 

“Who does he think he is?!” Wattz is furious now.

 

“I did so much hard work to get to where I was! Some much blood, sweat, and tears! And for what?!”

 

He slams his fists on the table and knocks everything off of it.

 

“...I went to college!”

 

He walks over to a wall and lays his head against it until he calms down.

 

He takes his phone back out of his pocket and quickly dials a number.

 

“...Is that birthday party still going?”

 

“Great! I’ll be there shortly!”

“Thank you for coming Mr. Wattz! Bobby loved the show!”

 

“Don’t thank me mam! I’m just doing my job!”

 

“By Mr. Wizard!” Bobby waved as Wattz walks out of the backyard.

 

He takes out his phone, opens a ride share app and sets up a pickup, and sits down on a nearby bench.

 

After a few minutes he starts tapping his foot.

 

He quickly stands up.

 

“...What am I doing here?! I am a villain, Dammit! I shouldn’t be entertaining children! I was meant for so much more!”

 

He turns and sees a billboard of Max Midas.

 

“Screw you Midas! I am tired of waiting around letting my life slip away from me! Am I going to take matters into my own hands!”

 

He suddenly flies high into the sky above the city.

 

“Citizens of Central City! Be not afraid! I only want to rule over you all with an iron fist!”

1