Secret Spills
1 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Wait, what? You've got to be joking! Please Ralph, don’t tell me you're having a baby with our enemy," Eliza exclaimed in disbelief. "I am," Ralph confirmed. "You hooked up with her?! When?" Eliza asked, her voice filled with shock and hurt. "A few weeks ago. I just found out today. Look, I haven't told my parents yet. The only people who know are my siblings and you. I know you're feeling a lot of emotions right now, but please, don't tell my parents. They'll be disappointed. Eliza? Eliza? You're not saying anything? Are you okay?" Ralph asked, concern creeping into his voice.

Meanwhile, Greg was walking down the hall to his room when he overheard their conversation. Intrigued, he decided to eavesdrop.

"Eliza, please don’t tell me you're mad at me?" Ralph asked. "You got Camilia pregnant. Of course I’m mad!" Eliza retorted. "What?" Greg thought, surprised. "You cheated on me, Ralph!" Eliza accused. "We weren't together, remember?!" Ralph defended himself. "But still, we both made a pact not to see other people in this... thing. You broke it. Not only did you sleep with the enemy, but she's having your baby!" Eliza exclaimed. "Oh no! That means... I’m going to be a granddad at 50! I’m not old yet! I’m still in my prime! I need to tell Kate!" Greg said, rushing to his room to share the news with his wife.

Back in Ralph's room, the argument was escalating. "Look, Eliza, I’m sorry. But can you try to understand my situation and not just yours? I’m having a baby and I’m freaking out. I need support!" Ralph pleaded. "You know Ralph, the worst part is that I told you I wanted kids! And you told me you never saw yourself with kids. So you don’t see a future with us being married and having kids. But now look, you're having a baby with Camilia," Eliza said, her voice choked with emotion. "Eliza, you're being selfish right now. I get that you're upset, but do you think I asked for this? I didn’t! But I still have to step up and take responsibility for my child, whether you like it or not," Ralph said sternly. "Fine. Consider us. Over! For real this time!" Eliza declared, her voice shaking. "Fine!" Ralph retorted, and Eliza left the room.

As Eliza walked away, her mind was a whirlwind of thoughts. "I can’t believe Ralph is having a baby! All I have are mixed emotions. He was right, I was being selfish. But I do have a good reason to be a little upset. I think," she mused, finding a random room to sit in and collect her thoughts. All she knew was that she needed to be away from Ralph.

"Why do I hear crying?" BJ wondered aloud as he walked into his room from the bathroom. His question was answered when he saw Eliza sitting there, tears streaming down her face. "Oh, it’s you," he said, a note of surprise in his voice. "Of course, out of all the rooms, I had to go to yours," Eliza muttered, wiping her tears. "Literally. Oklahoma’s is right there. Hm. I can see from the tears on your face that you found out about the baby. Congrats, Eliza, you're a step-mom," BJ quipped, trying to lighten the mood. "I am not. I ended things with Ralph," Eliza said, her voice choked with emotion. "Okay. Good for you. I didn’t ask," BJ responded, his tone indifferent.

"Why did I have to go into your room?" Eliza muttered more to herself, her frustrations mounting. "Why did you?" BJ echoed, raising an eyebrow at her. "I’m sad right now. I just went into a random room that was unlocked. Look, BJ, I didn’t come here to get scolded. I got that from your brother. I just want a friend right now. A friend to hug me and tell me everything will be alright," Eliza confessed, her voice barely above a whisper.

"I guess I’ll be that friend," BJ said after a moment of silence. "Really?" Eliza asked, hope flickering in her eyes. "No. Oklahoma is in her room. Since she's heartbroken over Fred, you two can cry about that!" BJ said, his tone dismissive. "What! You're just going to leave it at that?" Eliza asked, disbelief coloring her voice. "Yep. I've got somewhere to be. Bye, and get out of my room," BJ said, pushing her out of the room and leaving.

"He is the worst person to exist on this planet," Eliza thought to herself, her anger at BJ barely masking the heartache she felt.

"Am I the only one noticing that these chapters seem to all occur on the same day?" Dan questioned, as he strolled down the hallway alongside Katherine. 

"Apparently so," Katherine replied, a hint of amusement in her voice. 

Dan furrowed his brow, "Shouldn't there be more action in this story though?"

"Dan, not every story is about action. This one leans more towards comedy and drama," Katherine retorted, rolling her eyes playfully. 

"Ah, I see. Well, I might just head back to my own story then," Dan joked, earning a death stare from Katherine. 

"I'm just kidding, Kat!" He quickly added, chuckling. "You better be! Remember, you're here until the end of season 1, so you might as well enjoy it," Katherine lightly warned.

Their bantering was interrupted by the arrival of Toby. "Kat?" Toby chimed in, approaching the pair. 

"Toby! It's been a while since your last appearance, since the first chapter, in fact," Katherine remarked, clearly surprised. 

Sensing the need for privacy, Dan excused himself, "I'll leave you two alone."

"So, how have you been, Toby?" Katherine asked, genuine concern in her eyes. 

Toby shrugged, "You know, just blending into the background."

Katherine frowned, "Are you okay? You seem a bit off."

Toby sighed, "I don’t know. Maybe it's because my fiancée has been avoiding me."

"That’s not true, Toby," Katherine quickly countered.

"But it is, Kat," Toby said, his voice barely a whisper. "Do you even love me? Or is our engagement just a result of our families working together? Sometimes, I feel like you might actually prefer my sister over me."

Katherine was taken aback, but she reassured him, "That’s not true, Toby. I do love you. I’m sorry if I haven’t been present. I've been busy, but I promise, I will make more effort."

Toby seemed somewhat reassured, "Thank you! I love you."

"I love you too," Katherine replied, punctuating her statement with a quick, affectionate kiss before Toby walked away.

As Katherine watched him leave, her mind was in turmoil. "Maybe I do love him. But what am I kidding? I don’t like boys," she thought, revealing a deep, inner conflict about her sexuality.

Meanwhile 

Carson was just coming home from a stressful day at work when he saw BJ on his porch. "BJ? What are you doing here? I thought I told you the next time I saw you, I'd kill you," Carson said. 

"We both know you won't do that. I’m here to apologize," BJ replied, surprising Carson. 

"BJ Sarrington apologizing on the same day I told him not to talk to me? That's unexpected," Carson said. 

"Technically, it's 1 in the morning, so it's a different day. But still, I’m sorry for killing your brother. I was too focused on my family's business to consider your feelings. If someone killed my sibling, I'd be crushed. So, I understand your anger, and I’m sorry," BJ confessed. 

"I accept your apology. But to be honest, I couldn't care less about my brother or his death. He's been dead to me for a while. I saw you killing my brother as an opportunity," Carson admitted. 

"An opportunity for what?" BJ asked. 

"I saw it as a chance to get away from you," Carson confessed. 

"Why? I thought we were happy," BJ said, surprised. 

"BJ, I love you. But you never say it back. You sleep with other people. I know we're not together, but we've had feelings for each other for years. We've been friends since we were born. I’m saying that I’m done waiting for you. So, enjoy life, I guess," Carson said, about to open his front door. 

"Wait. I do love you, Carson. I've loved you from the beginning. I never told you because I was scared. You are my happy place, Carson. Not just for sex, but for your personality. You brighten my day. And I love you for that. I will stop messing around with others," BJ confessed. 

"Really?" Carson asked, surprised. 

"Yes, but only if you do something for me. Will you make it official with me?" BJ asked. 

Carson's mind was racing. "Beat that, BJ and Eliza shippers! I won!" He thought to himself, ecstatic. 

"So, what do you say?" BJ prompted again. 

In response, Carson leaned in and kissed BJ. 

"I'll take that as a yes," BJ said, grinning.

Two weeks had passed when Camilia texted Ralph about her ultrasound appointment. "Hey, I'm having an ultrasound today at 3. Would you like to join?" Camilia's text read. "Yeah, I will come," Ralph texted back.

As he pondered the situation, Ralph felt a sense of calm. Being a father might not be so bad after all. He was determined to be the best father possible.

Just as he was deep in thought, he heard his father, Greg, call out for him. "Ralph!" Greg's voice echoed. "Yes, dad?" Ralph replied. "Can you meet me in my office? Right now," Greg requested. "Okay," Ralph responded.

Upon entering the office, he found his mother, Kate, already there. "Mom?" Ralph questioned. "Hey sweetie!" Kate greeted him warmly. "Wait, both of you are here?" Ralph asked, a little surprised. "Yep. We need to talk to you about something important," Greg stated.

Taken aback, Ralph tried to deflect the tension with humor, "Is this about me eating the last piece of ice cream cake? Look, I saw one piece left and I thought it was okay!" He chuckled nervously, taking a seat. 

"That’s not what we are talking about! Although we will revisit that issue later," Greg said, his tone serious. His heart thumping, Ralph asked, "Then what is it you need to talk about?" 

Greg took a deep breath, "It's about Camilia being pregnant with your baby." Ralph's heart skipped a beat, as the weight of his secret being known settled in.

Meanwhile, Oklahoma was lost in thought in the backyard. The last two weeks had been a tumultuous one, with Fred calling her incessantly. She had no desire to engage with him; his actions had left her heartbroken, but she was determined not to let him see her cry. She had shed enough tears over a man before, and it had led her nowhere. 

Still, there were times when she yearned for the past and the memories her and Eugene had shared. She wished she could rewind time back to when they were 16, before all the chaos had started. Those were simpler, happier times. As she ruminated on these thoughts, a single tear escaped her eye, tracing a wet path down her cheek. The tear signified not only her sadness but also her resilience and her determination to move on from the pain.

0