Chapter 1 Magenta
1 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Living with plain nature was a dream come true for a lot of people. But God made his choice and chose me to grace its presence. I lightly bit the end of my brush as I glanced out at the valleys ahead and sighed with relief when the wind brushed against my face.

I would never get another sense of peace if it wasn't from here. I glanced at my piece of art, not sure what it was yet but I would understand it after it's over. The skies were becoming darker with every passing minute. Cloudless night, that's what we would be having on this fine Sunday.

I escaped from the inn after the church service and came here when an idea struck me. It was by the grace of God that I could be painting in the first place. 

After about an hour I walked back along the pavements along the road humming my favourite tune from the old pub down by the small town. It was catchy so why not. 

I hadn't seen the headlights of an overspending car coming towards me directly. By the time I fully noticed this I was already anticipating my early death and screamed dropping my equipment.

There was smoke everywhere and a metal piece of junk Infront of me. I wanted to swear, I wanted to scream and kill the idiot who thought this was a perfect place to overspeed. For goodness sake.

"Hey, I'm so sorry are you hurt?" Whoever that sensational voice belonged to I would not give in. I would have died.

"Just kill me will you? What is it with foreigners and over speeding like they are always in a damn hurry?" I said and the man came towards me with a concerned expression on his face. I was not having this.

"That's a little harsh. My car malfunctioned when I was just about to get to my destination. Are you hurt?" He asked again. I couldn't see his face and I couldn't care less. I picked up my equipment and went on walking to our inn.

Blind scambag.

I reached the inn and got in with my heart still racing in my chest honestly I couldn't understand the idiot. Mother was in the parlour serving some guests and father was by the staircase helping a few others with their luggage they must be leaving already.

"Mrs Cancannon you can't be leaving already." I told the young woman and she smiled and extended her hand.

"About time I got back to Edinburgh. I will miss you but I will check in on you. Promise." I watched her leave and smiled. This place was so comforting.

"Maggie, honey, we have a guest coming in. Why don't you welcome him in when he arrives." 

"Of course ma, I'll do that." 

I followed he rinstrictions and the bell rang and I froze at the doorstep and my mouth flang open too. 

One, it was a celebrity in our inn. An artistic prodegy.

Two, he was the bastard who nearly killed me.

0