v4c12
73 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Thinking that it would just not be that large bath, Norris heads for the large bath he was led to.

 There is a splendid dressing room, but of course, being a commoner's inn, there are no maids to undress Norris.

 He has no choice but to take off his own clothes and enter the bath.

 What unfolded in front of him was a bathtub much larger than the one he had seen in the royal castle.

'Oh, it can't be. ....... What is this place? Could this possibly be a bath reserved for nobles?"

 It might be possible then.

 I hear that royalty from other countries often come to this estate.

 To entertain them, a bath as spacious as this is probably necessary.

 But if that is the case, why would they build a bath for entertaining nobles in an inn like this when they could have built it in their boss's mansion?

 Surely he wouldn't say that every house has a bath of this size?

 It is not impossible.

 Although he thought it was unlikely, for some reason he had no material to completely deny it.

 His own fiancée, Miranda, had told him that this territory was in bad shape.

 She is the daughter of a duke, and since she was so surprised, this might be the beginning of the end for her.

 While he was thinking about this, suddenly a lot of people came to the bath.

"What are you doing?!"

"What are you talking about?"

 The men who came in as a matter of course enter the bath.

 In the royal castle, maids were certainly coming in together to wash Norris's body.

 But it was only those people who entered the bath, and there was no experience of entering with anyone else.

 That is why it was more than unusual for Norris to bathe with the other mercenaries.

 But, as they say, when in Rome, do as the Romans do.

 It would not do to antagonize Yuri by resisting him.

 He was just going to take a bath with the other guys.

 If I were to be antagonistic about something like this, I wouldn't be able to make it in this territory.

"Let's go into the bath."

 Putting all his energy into the bath, he gets into the bath.

At that moment, all the fatigue he had felt up to that point was instantly swept away.

He feels a floating sensation, as if he is not here, as if he is dreaming.

 It is no wonder, then, that in addition to the magic stone that warms the water, there is also a magic stone attached to the bath that bestows a holy attribute on the water.

 From Yuri's point of view, the holy attribute is good for removing dirt. But it was only a simple idea, and it even healed the wounds of the mercenaries who stayed at the inn.

 Of course, Yuri was unaware of this effect.

 A bath that heals wounds even if nothing is done.

 That alone is a threat.

 What would happen if this were to be passed on to another country?

 To begin with, this is a place on a border.

 Even just a border is a place where conflicts are likely to occur.

 Soldiers who have been wounded in a conflict will heal their wounds and attack again the next day.

 That alone is enough to pose a threat.

 If the water is drawn from this place and taken with the soldiers, there is no need for them to soak in hot water.

 It would not be surprising if a war were to break out over this one thing.

"I see. ...... That's why other countries have their eyes on us."

 Norris even wanted to bottle some of it up and take some home with him.

--No, no, no, I don't want Yuri to get a glimpse of me by doing that.

No way he was going to hand over the power to create something like this to someone else.

 At all costs, it should be ...... in this country.

 No, that would be bonding with other countries.

 If Yuri himself wants to be independent, it would be best for the Kingdom of Inraq to allow him to do so and then make him a vassal state.

 It would also allow the kingdom to deepen exchanges with other countries, which would make it easier for them to go on trips that are currently difficult to go on because of the cumbersome procedures required.

 Besides, if something were to happen to the Kingdom of Inraq, it would be helpful even if it was only for himself if he could sell his debt of gratitude to Yuri.

 It might be a good idea to be sent here as a minister in place of Yuri's personal attendant.

 If he knew that he had no intention of succeeding to the throne, there would be no one to plot against him.

 He would be able to sell his debt to Yuri, and he would not be indifferent to him.

 It seems like a good thing to think about.

"But independence ? I can't believe there are people who want to build a nation when all they're going to get is a lot of work."

 However, considering the nature of this territory and the technology it possesses, it cannot be monopolized by an existing country.

 The most peaceful way to do this might be to share the power equally as a neutral country.

"I can't just do whatever I do. I need to confirm Yuri's intention."

 But Yuri is also the son of the master strategist.

 If he is not careful, he can be manipulated.

 Norris involuntarily shuddered at the thought of the words and actions of Baran Louth who would say or do anything to get his way.

 Even so, he must somehow overcome this situation in order to achieve the future he wants.

 Norris makes a firm decision.

 Just at that moment, his mind wanders and he loses consciousness.

1