prologue
3.7k 4 28
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The Inraq Kingdom was in the midst of a period of prosperity.

 However, there were a number of organisations that tried to bring the kingdom down.

 However, the origin of these organisations can be traced back to one family.

   Louth. family  

 The family was led by the father Balan, who was the king's elder brother but was outlawed due to his poor behaviour and inferior abilities.

 He is mainly in charge of the dark side of the family, and is ostensibly a competent (or so he thinks) general strategist.

 However, the father was also quite ambitious.

'We are the ones who should really rule the country!'

 ' is what my father, Balan Louth, used to say.

 As the third son born into such a family, I, Yuri Loutch knew more about the future that awaited this family than anyone else.

 That's because Yuri is the pasrt of mastermind family   from the RPG game 'Saint's Quest'.

 He was a member of the mastermind family that is said to be behind all the incidents that aim to bring down the country in the game, which is also known as a depressing game, and was an ally of the protagonist until the end of the game.

 I only realised this on the day I turned ten.

 At first I couldn't believe it, yet the more I looked into it, the more I had no doubt that this was the world of Saint's Quest.

 In other words, this national uprising would fail.

 No matter how many tricks they tried, they would all be thwarted by the main characters.

 If that happens, my father Balan, the mastermind, will of course be executed, as well as all the members of our family in the Louth family, in a row.

 I, in particular, as the ruthless villain, had no way of avoiding that fate.

 It was a game I had played so many times in my previous life that the every detail of it remained in my memory.

 I've reincarnated as a character from a game I like, but of all people, it's Yuri, the mastermind who will surely be doomed!

 I should have been better off being a mob character who wasn't involved in the game at all.

 I can't help but be saddened by my current circumstances.

 But even as I do this, the clock is ticking towards my doom.

 At all costs, I must take steps to avoid ruin at the earliest possible opportunity. What we can do to do this: .......

 Should I have to become independent ......?

 It is a basic premise that I should stay out of the story, but even so, if I remain in the House of Louth, I will be executed with successive sentences.

 The only way to escape that is to establish a separate family from the Duke of Louth.

 On top of that, I would not be involved in the original story at all.

 The quickest way to do that is to become independent and be knighted.

 However, to be knighted, one has to have achieved a certain amount of success.

 For example.

 Defeating the strongest species of dragon.

 Defeating a bandit.

 Exploring the frontier and extending the country's territory.

 Defeating rebels who want to overthrow the state.

In other words, I can easily become a knight if I surrender my family. I've done it.

 But it's not going to be that easy.

 If I try to sue my father, I'll be charged with all the crimes myself, and then I'll be executed.

 My father, who is already trusted, and me, who is ten years old.

 It's easy to see which one's words will be trusted.

 I don't want to die because I've been reincarnated.

 To do so, I needed to escape from this place as soon as possible.

 Time is limited.

 I decided on a plan, and immediately began to act to ignore the original story.

 

        Dinner time.

 Fortunately, the Louths were to eat together as a family.

 Of course, there was not a hint of conversation or laughter, just silence as they silently ate the food placed in front of them.

 In such a tense atmosphere, the food tasted completely bland.

 It is no wonder, then, that even the slightest noise is met with a sharp gaze and a barrage of abusive words.

 It was so bad that once upon a time, a servant was fired for dropping cutlery and making a noise.

 Anyway, my father hates it when things don't go his way.

 He would have preferred to have his meals separately.

 But for my father, Balan, this meal is the only chance he has to find out what is going on in the family, so whenever he is at home, everyone always gathers together.

 But only today, I am very grateful for this timing of the family gathering together.

 The meal proceeds in silence, as it always does.

 The tension makes me gulp, but I'm prepared to speak up.

'Father, I have something to discuss with you."

 When I break the silence, my siblings are startled, their eyes wide open.

 But no one interrupts.

 I don't know what punishment my father will give me if I speak up during the meal.

 The siblings knew this very well.

 Nott, the eldest, is eating his meal in silence, pretending not to have heard anything.

 Alan, the second son, looks at me with pity, as he is about to be punished.

 Miranda, the eldest daughter, is grinning and smiling sarcastically.

 Only Sasha, the second daughter, looks at me with concern and shakes her head.

 I think she is trying to tell me that I shouldn't talk now.

 My mother, Martha, is ignoring me, as if to say she's not interested, and my father, Balan, is raising his eyebrows.

'...... we're eating"

'I'm sorry, sir. But I would very much like to talk to you .......'

 Baran sets down the dishes noisily and gives me a sharp look.

"What is it ......?"

'I'm ten years old now."

'Yeah, I know"

 I can see that he is trying to finish the conversation without saying anything.

 I continue to speak, trying not to be defeated by the force of his words.

'I would like to learn about the outside world for my later studies. ......"

 My father's grip on my hand tightens, and I can clearly see his anger.

 But it was only for a moment, and soon he was back to his calm father.

'...... I understand. It's a remote and small place, but I'll give you a piece of the territory I have. You can learn what it is like to be a lord.'

'Oh, thank you, Father."

 My voice rises a little in joy, as I did not expect to be given a territory so easily.

 If there is a territory, if I develop it, I will often be recognised for my achievements, and it will be a very quick way to becoming independent.

 The more territory is given to me, the less flattering the situation will be, but the more negative it is, the more credit it will already be for normalising it.

'Then you should prepare early and leave as soon as possible. I will give you the papers for the appointment of a lord later.'

 Thus, I decided to travel to the frontier in order to avoid the original story.

         ◇ ◇ ◇

 After finishing his meal, father Baran returns to his office.

 He immediately called the butler and told him about the events that had just taken place.

'You want Yuri to be the lord of that frontier territory, is that right?"

The land needed a ruler. Isn't it just perfect?'

 Balan smiled sarcastically.

 So the butler had it all worked out.

'Shall I send someone to assassinate him?

'Then it would be as if I were trying to assassinate my son, wouldn't it?

I am sorry. It was a bit rash."

"The villagers are dying anyway, even if left alone. It will not hurt me."

'If the village is dying, you never know when the monsters will attack."

 Baran returns the butler's words with a smile.

'Yes, sir. I will make the arrangements for that."'

 The butler bows and leaves the room.

 The only one left is Balan, who smiles with his mouth hanging open.

 The event at the meal is only the beginning.

 A child who is a year less talented than his brothers could be a disgrace to the Louth family.

 Eventually he was planning to get rid of him, but I didn't think he would want to leave himself.

--Maybe he realised that I might get rid of him.

 He even spoke of leaving the house on his own.

 He may not be a gifted person, but he may have a high sense of danger.

He has such an auspicious idea to leave the stage himself. If he survives in that remote area, he will find a use for it.

 Balan could hardly hold back his laughter, and a suspicious voice echoed through the office.

28