v1c4
2.2k 1 20
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

 Original characters .......

 It's never good to meet them, I guess.

 And I don't know why, but the other party is looking for me.

 It's definitely not going to end well, is it?

'Okay. Thanks for telling me."

 I pat the boy on the head.

 Then the boy shyly tries to escape from my hand.

'No, stop it. Give me some meat if you're thanking me."

'Well. Because this might be the last time.'

'Eh?'

 The boy looks stunned.

"why? Did I do something wrong? If I did, I apologise."

'No, it's not like that. Originally I was going to go to the frontier."

"Really? Really?"

 For some reason, Fi is surprised.

'I explained it to you, didn't I? I got my own territory and I'm going there at some point.'

"I was told that, but I thought it would be much later."

'It's a pretty run-down place. We need to get there and do something about it as soon as possible. That's why I bought weapons and stuff, right?'

'Sure you did, but ......'

Brother !Then take me with you! I may look like this, but I'm second to none around here when it comes to speed."

 The boy certainly has more general qualities as far as his abilities are concerned. I've only had contact with him a few times, but he doesn't seem to be controlled by anyone.

 When he is trying to make a connection between me and the saint, who is one of the people who will eventually reveal the mastermind, I can leave out the fact that he is an enemy first and foremost.

 But...

"No, I can't."

"Why not!"

'Unlike this girl, you have friends who worry about you, don't you?'

 The children, who had been anxiously hiding in the shadows of the buildings, appear when I say this.

 They seemed to think they were well hidden, but it was easy to see that they were hiding once I detected their presence.

 However, this boy seems not to have noticed and turns around and huffs.

'You guys.......'

'We'll miss you when you go, brother.'

'Brother, don't go!'

 The group of childeren hug each other.

'I can't just separate you like this and take you away, you know.

"All right, I'll stay in town! "

'Just, well, now that you're involved, at least I'll make sure you guys don't starve. And then you've got to train yourselves so you don't fall for the bad guys."

 After saying this, I take out three daggers from among the weapons I have bought.

 I give them to these children.

'I'll also show you the most convenient hunting grounds. You'll be able to train yourself and earn your keep at the same time."

"Are you sure?"

"Of course. And you wouldn't abandon the children in the alley, would you? Kids like Fi.?"

Of course not. I'm really sorry I bullied her that time. ......

'No, it was because of that incident that Fee was able to meet Yuri-sama. That's why I'm grateful."

 It seems that the little conflict that existed last time has been resolved.

'Well then, I'm going to ask the guy at the stall to get some meat. You get the kids together."

'All right. I'll get them right away."

 The boys run off in a great hurry.

 Now, we have nothing left to do in this city.

 The orphans' riots that would have occurred in the original story are no longer happening because of the help of the young children, but that was beyond Yuri's control.

 

        ◇ ◇ ◇

  The next day, after preparing the carriage, I left home early.

 I had to leave the house as soon as I finished preparing my carriage.

 If they were looking for me, I had to leave before they found me.

 So I had relatively less luggage than I had planned, and the cargo was mainly food.

 I chose food that would not decompose easily and could be stored for a long time, but I was still worried about spoilage, so I used water magic to create ice by suppressing the vibrations of the particles to the very limit, and stuck it inside the box.

 The amount of magic power used to maintain this ice is constantly decreasing, but it's not all bad when you consider that it also strengthens the magic.

 The ice is not all that bad when one considers that the magic can be strengthened by the ice.

"Making iron consumes a lot of magic power at once."

"What are you doing?"

 FI, who is riding next to me, asks me curiously.

'I'm making tools to preserve food. I'm not getting anywhere with it."

 It seems that I still have too little magic power to create things.

 But fortunately, this body has quite a few potentials.

 If I keep training it, it will eventually grow.

'Do you want me to practise magic too, Fi?

'No, that would be a waste of time, so knock it off.'

'Ugh. ......'

 FI gives me a bitter look, but I can't change the matter at hand, so it can't be helped.

 That said, it's not easy to improve dagger skills in the carriage.

'Well, ....... How about, for example, throwing this and hitting something outside?"

 What I made up in one hand was a dagger made out of hardened earth.

 The dagger is a simple thing that cannot cut at all and crumbles when it hits something, but it would be better to train throwing it if it is a dagger, so I gave it to her.

'I understand. I Just do my best to get some food.'

'No, it's not lethal, as you'd imagine. ......"

 But if she hit it properly, she might be able to at least stun her opponent.

 After making a few daggers, I moved on to trial and error to see if I could make a fridge again.

 After repeating this for a few days, I notice that my own level has increased significantly before I know it.

Name: Yuri Louth

Gender: male Age: 10 Race: human

Occupation: third son of a duke

Level: 3

HP: 42/42 (A)

MP: 42/60 (S)

Attack: 5 (A)

Defence: 4 (C)

Agility: 4 (C)

Magic: 25 (S)

[Skills.

Swordsmanship: 1 (B) Disguise: 5 (A) Appraisal: 10 (EX) Chant Destruction: 3 (S) Arithmetic: 1 (A)

[Magic]

Fire: 1 (B) Water: 2 (C) Earth: 4 (A) Wind: 1 (B) Darkness: 1 (S)

 No one has beaten , but it seems to be easier to rise just by training in magic.

 If that's the case, why have others not done it?

 If I consume too much magic, I get a headache and nothing happens.

 Maybe no one likes to do it unless they are trying to push themselves.

'There's a new skill set that's increasing too. Are there more acquired ones?'

 In the game, too, it was a matter of selecting the skills one wanted to acquire and eventually learning them as one gains experience.

'Could it be that Fi is getting stronger too?'

 Fi asks with a twinkle in her eye.

 Unfortunately, she hadn't improved at all.

 The only thing that she has done is to throw the soil dagger outside, without hitting any projectiles.

 Even so, she must have gained experience, so it may simply be a difference in aptitude.

'Unfortunately, Fee hasn't yet. Unlike magic, it's probably harder for Fi to get to the next level.'

'I'm going to try harder!'

 

 Fi was suddenly motivated and, as usual, threw an earthen dagger towards the outside of the carriage.

                Occasionally a piece of wood.

 Sometimes a tree, sometimes a horned rabbit beside her.

 Sometimes an empty patch of grass.

 Using it as a target, she threw the dagger.

 Such a peaceful time passed, a few more days.

 Finally, when half the way had passed, there was some kind of commotion up ahead.

'Hee hee hee, you guys, kill all the men! Don't kill the women, because they sell for a lot of money!'

"Oh, someone help me ......"

 Is it a merchant?

 A man is about to be killed by bandits.

Behind him, his wife and a little girl who looks to be their child tremble.

 The carriage has been overturned and the soldiers who were supposed to be escorting it have already been knocked down and cut off.

'Yes, that guy there, please! Please help us!"

 The merchant notices us and shouts.

Yuri-sama?

"We're in trouble. We're going to keep moving forward."

 The merchants will probably thank us for helping them here and some kind of event will occur.

 But that would mean that the time it takes for me to get to the territory would be longer.

 It was nothing but trouble.

'So, but they've already gathered in front of the carriage.

'It's a pain in the ass. It's no use, we'll just blow them away.'

"I understand!"

 It seems that it was a forced event.

 If so, it can't be helped, he sighs and takes up a fighting stance.

 And Fi nodded happily and broadly.

        ◇ ◇ ◇

How's he doing?"

 In his office, Balan confirms to the steward.

'Apparently, he doesn't buy slaves, he just walks around with the beast.

'Hmm, I didn't know he had a hobby like that. Perhaps he wanted the territory in order to create a beast paradise".

Wouldn't creating such a things in that land immediately lead to war with the Beast Kingdom?

'I don't care if it actually perishes. I'd rather they just take that land and get on with it.'

 Balan laughs amusedly.

 A normal man would have bought slaves here. With that in mind, the first contracts were made with slaves that seemed to be usable.

 The result was a blank, but it is easy to imagine that it could be used to investigate other nobles and so on.

 If that doesn't work, then just dump them at random.

 Even Baran could not have predicted that he would bring a beast into the ranks.

 After all, here in the Kingdom of Inlak, beastmen are treated as inferior to humans. They are treated as livestock.

 Some crazy people collect them, but basically they are an object of hatred.

He didn't think his son was one of them.

'Just that ....... Some of the other servants said the rooms smelled like a beast and it was disgusting. ......

'Throw it away. It will only last a few days anyway. Until that time, do as little as possible to avoid attracting their attention."

"I understand. I will make arrangements for that."

 The butler bows reverently.

'But it's troubling that he's got all the orphans together, isn't it? I was trying to get them to riot".

'Maybe he's just adding to his ranks, ready to start a riot at any moment."

 Maybe he's part of the Louth family, too.

--Maybe he's trying to show his strength as a kid, trying to help me.

"It's a shame, because if he hadn't rebelled against me, he might have been a good pawn."

'Absolutely. Speaking of which, there's one more thing I'd like to discuss with you."

'Is it about the ...... church?"

I see you've already heard about it."

She's a saint of the Church, and she's making it extra trouble for us. I'm not going to confront the Church yet. Just increase the donations as you see fit and go and get on with it."

?I understand. Then I will arrange it so.?

 It is annoying that he, the true ruler of the country, should have to go to such lengths.

 However, the power of the church is necessary for his reign after he stands as king.

 Therefore, for now, it's better to let it slide.

'And let's give the saint a few more nails in the coffin, shall we? Fortunately, she is interested in Yuri, the orphan messiah, isn't she? Then it seems like a good idea to send her to the frontier with him.'

'Understood. I'll make sure the saint gets to hear about it through a gift".

It's a beast. Do not attack the beasts alone when you attack them. You will have to bear all the guilt later."

Ha. If it is a pet animal that is not capable of fighting, it will easily be able with ease.'

 Baran laughs low.

 But they are unaware that Yuri and his ally are already departing, which results in the antagonism of the saint who has been sent out and is stared down by the church, but that is another story.

20