v1c10
1.6k 2 16
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

I was being forced to return to the hut and I was trying to figure out how the axe I'd just made had screwed up.

 The way it was made was the same as the dagger I made for Fi.

 The only difference is that I used a little more grant magic.

 Would it be better if I inserted a magic stone into it like I use in the warehouse?

 I put the sharpness enhancement grant into the magic stone lying around at hand.

 But I can't make a tool to put this magic stone, which is the most important thing.

 After I was laid down in the hut, for some reason Fi was watching to see if I would leave.

'Yuri-sama, are you escaping?"

"I'm fine. I'm not escaping and I'm resting properly."

 I'll take the magic stone I was holding in my hand earlier and tuck it under the duvet.

"Are you tired too, Fi? 'Don't worry about me, you can get some rest."

 Fi gives me a glare.

 Does she think that if she takes a rest, I'll start moving again?

 Correct.

 I was going to go out and make another axe as soon as Fi was gone.

'Hah ......, I get it. Fi get some rest too."

 For some reason, Fi comes under my duvet.

'What!?"

'......what's wrong?'

 I'm not disturbing the petite Fi when she comes into the futon, but -.

'No, it's nothing."

'Then get some rest quickly"

 Fi and I decided to take a rest as soon as possible.

        ◇ ◇ ◇ ◇

'Morning!!!"

 I slipped out of my quarters into the sunshine and mainly out in the open, stretching out wide.

'Well, today's the day--"

'If  you  collapse again, I  will lock me in my room."

'I'll try to do it moderately!'

 I just had a lot of work to do.

 There is a limit to how much work I can do alone.

 It would take years to rebuild everything.

 I should probably do that, but unfortunately I have a deadline.

 The Louths would die when I turned 18.

 I only had eight years left.

 In the meantime, I have to organise what I need to do.

 The immediate need is to draw water up and down.

 Obviously I need water, and for sanitation reasons, it would be better to have a sewerage system as well.

 There seems to be a river close enough to draw water from, so it's just a matter of connecting a canal from there to the village.

 Apart from that, preparations against monsters must also be made.

 It is a dangerous remote area. Monsters could attack at any time.

 Although a simple ditch has been built, only small monsters can be prevented by it.

 As far as I have heard, there are also large monsters, so in order to protect this territory, it is better to build a wall to cover it and turn it into a fortress city.

 I should use magic to build it because it needs to be very sturdy.

 But that would inevitably take a long time.

 For the time being, I will have to endure with the moat.

 Then I need a field to grow food.

 The site has already been trampled over, but it will eventually need to be touched up.

 Everyone else's houses will need to be reconstructed.

 There is also a need to increase the number of people.

 On top of that, I needed to take credit and become independent.

 Too much to do, right?

 No, let's just do one thing at a time.

First of all, I need to make tools so that everyone can help with the work.

 First, inside.

 A slightly smaller axe is made from stone by altering its shape, and then a thin coating of magic stone is applied to cover it.

 Next, a standard-sized axe is made by covering its exterior again with stone.

 Finally, the axe is completed by placing the magic stone with the grant in the hollow in the centre of the axe's blade.

"How's that working out for you?"

 The axe is also covered with magic stone in order to utilise the effect of the magic stone that gives it its grant to the entire axe, based on the result from the storage of the magic stone thread that allows magic power to flow to other magic stones in one go.

 However, the thin magic stone was likely to break easily, so it was further covered with stone on the outside.

 The axe appears to have glowed the moment I put on the magic stone that grants enhanced sharpness.

'Now, shall I ask Fritz to give it a try?"

"Then I'll go and call him"

 After confirming that Fi had gone, I decided to try making another tool as well.

        ◇ ◇ ◇ ◇

'There's something more ......'

 Fi returned and said with a disappointed look on her face.

 'That's just as well, because after the axe I'd made a shovel and a plough.

'They're all necessary, aren't they? 'Well, since Fritz is coming over, I thought I'd let him try them all out.'

'...... I hope it's just a normal tool this time?'

Axe was normal tool as well , right?
"...... not normal"

 With a sigh, he first picks up the axe as he did yesterday.

 Then he swings it at the nearest tree.

 It was as if he had cut a piece of paper, and despite hardly feeling a response, the tree had been cut cleanly.

 But that wasn't the only thing that happened with today's axe.

 The impact of swinging the axe turned it into a blade and felled the surrounding trees as well.

'Good, it's sharper than I imagined. Now all that remains is durability.'

'......'

 In complete opposition to me, who was nodding in satisfaction, Fritz was looking back alternately at the axe he was holding and the fallen trees with a pale face.

'Can you try the straw next?'

'Wait a minute! Don't you think anything of it now! It's obviously crazy!'

'It cut the tree the same way it did yesterday, so it's not strange, is it?'

 In the original story, the axe was also a weapon.

So it seems t

 
 The "earth-splitting" technique was also an axe skill, so it only seemed natural for an axe in this world to be able to cut wood in a conventional way.

'Fi, say something to him too!"

'It's hard to hold a handle when it's made of stone too.:

"Oh, I see. I certainly didn't notice that."

'That's not what I meant! It's too sharp!"

"If you ask me to do better than that, stone is a tough one. I'd have to use steel or something like that. ......"

"I'm saying it's too sharp! This is not the kind of sharpness you need for an axe or something! Are you sure it's just stone!"

"There's a bit of magic stone in it. You can see it on the blade, right? That's what makes it sharp."

"That's already a kind of magic axe, isn't it ......?"

 Certainly, there is a weapon called a magic axe in the story as well.

 The magic axe Myrna.

 It's a weapon that once belonged to the god who slaughtered demons, a weapon with a lightning attribute and an anti-demon special attack effect, as well as a top-class attack power in the work.

 It was inevitable that it would be inferior to such a weapon with such extraordinary performance.

'This is really just a stone axe?"

 If the highest-performance weapon in the game could be mass-produced so easily, it would destroy the balance of the game.

 "How could that be possible?"

'Well, you can't possibly get another one?'

 Fritz now takes a shovel and swings it at the tree with all his might.

 But it couldn't cut the tree. Because it's just a shovel.

'Come on!!!'

 The reaction to hitting the tree with all his might must have hit him.

 Fritz's face twisted involuntarily.

"How can a shovel cut a tree?"

"Oh, that's right!"

 For some reason, he said in a contrarian tone.

 I wonder if I said something unusual?

 The power in the shovel is a special attack on earth and the granting of improved physical abilities.

 Since it digs dirt, there is no better talent than this.

'Since we're at this stage, why don't you use it to prepare the moat?'

 A moat with just a big hole in it at random is of varying depths and widths.

 It works well against demons, but it still bothers me as far as appearance goes.

 If it's considered a territory, you want to prepare it.

"I get it. We won't know if we don't actually use it."

 Fritz is relieved when he realises that the trees won't break.

 Once down in the moat, he immediately uses a shovel to prepare the area.

 Then the shovel glows lightly and the next moment a ray of light is emitted.

 After the ray has disappeared, swallowing only the surrounding soil, Fritz looks at me again with a jittery look.

"..... have you anything to say?"

'Well, it only made the earth disappear, so it must have been a shovel.

'So it's ridiculous that rays of light come out! Is this that thing? Is it a legendary weapon?'

"It's just an ordinary shovel with a magic stone on it that specialises in earth!"

'You'd better study the term 'ordinary' again! It's not ordinary by any means!'

But it's useful for digging holes, isn't it? We're short on manpower, so the tools have to make up for it."

"Surely you have a point there, ......?"

 Fritz is convinced.

 Then Fi grabs me by my clothes.

"Fi's weapon needs to be made like that."

"They're still stone weapons, you know? Are you sure?"

"Yes".

"All right. I'll see what I can do.'

'Yay!'

 Fi raises her hands in joy.

 Fritz, who was watching her, stared at the shovel in his hand and said: 'I

"I want this weapon too!"

"Oh, and you can use that shovel as much as you like."

"Wait, no, no. ......"

'The axe one? 'Well, I guess only Fritz can use that one too, so you can use that one as much as you like.'

"Oh, oh, ......, thank you."

 Fritz is teary-eyed and happy, but for some reason, a sense of melancholy is emanating from his back.

16